GT2 Save Request

• Thread starter TeamStig
  • 8 comments
After looking around on the web and on GT Planet's game save pages, I haven't been able to find what I've been looking for, so I'll ask here. I don't have a Dex Drive or a Game Shark so accessing GT2's hidden features are pretty much impossible for me. I'd be more than appreciative if somebody could post a North American GT2 save (it's version 1.0) for the PS3 virtual memory card with secret cars and any other interesting things that you normally couldn't get without using some type of hacking software. I really want to drive the CLK Race Car :)

I kind of feel bad asking for something like this, and I don't know how much work it entails. I'm not sure if this is even possible, and if not then somebody could let me know and that will be the end of it. Thank you!!

Just bought GT2 to play on my PS3 and found my old memory card is irreparably corrupted, so all my progress from years ago is lost forever :( If anyone has a GT2 (PAL version) save that they would be willing to upload, I'd be very grateful. I'm not too bothered how complete it is. Any help at all would be a start for me.

Either that, or if anyone knows what to do with the file below (posted by one of the mods on here in Oct '08) that would do the job. It unzips, but then I have a single file that I don't know what to do with. I need the GT2 save part that I can transfer to the PS3.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=66032&d=1223289174

That'd be me :D

It should extract to a folder called "PS3". Just transfer that folder into the root directory of your flash drive (so it's called E:/PS3 - where E: is the drive letter) and stick that in your PS3. On the PS3's XMB go to Game, then up to the flash drive, go to the game save you want to transfer, hit triangle and "Copy". If you don't have an existing virtual PS1 card, it'll ask you to make one, but then it'll copy it across.

If it doesn't extract to a folder, you might like to download the free version of WinRar 3.8 - as I've just tested it with that and it works fine.

As the original requester for Famine's save, I had the same problem extracting the file at first. I used a program called 7zip which worked perfectly.
A big thanks to Famine for the saves, I still use them now.

I got it working!!! Using Winrar 3.8 did the same thing as before though, leaving me with a single file called 'GT1andGT2gamesaves'. So, if anyone else has this trouble, here's how I sorted it...

- Unzip the file that you downloaded from here called 'GT1andGT2gamesaves'

- If this leaves you with a file with the same name that Windows doesn't recognise, right click on it and then click on 'Open'.

- Scroll down the list of programs and click on 'Winrar' (or whatever program you use to unzip files).

- Go through the unzip process again that this brings up which will then give you a folder called 'PS3' (or a folder called 'GT1andGT2gamesaves' with the 'PS3' folder in it).

- Follow Famine's directions above to get the file working on your PS3. Sorted!

Big thanks to Famine for uploading these saves. I now have many more cars than I earned myself on my (now useless) memory card all those years ago :)

Ha! ha! I'm not much of a football fan (except for Pro Evo) but my uncle supports Sheffield Wednesday. I'm a hockey fan and very happy that the Steelers are enjoying more success than the Owls are in football these days. I wish them all the best though and will stick some pins into a Tykes voodoo doll, followed by a small ritual burning to try and help them with their game against Barnsley next week as a thanks for your help on Gran Turismo.

Latest Posts

Back