GT3: Concept - Updated Car Dealership!

• Thread starter Miskaroni
  • 42 comments
Finland
Finland
Hello again, been quite the while since I've posted anything about the project on GTP. But worry not, progress is being made on a daily basis still!

I thought it'd be nice to post a rather big milestone here, which is that the updated dealership in the project is pretty much finished, and actually has been for a bit now, but I've only bothered to really show it now.

Anyways, I'll link my newest video here which showcases the dealers, but I'll also display some images of it below that. Make sure to read the video description for information & credits!

Here, some photos!

Also, I must take this time to reach out to the Gran Turismo community for this one important thing. I hate to do this, but I really do need the help in this, and I have to reach out.
Gran Turismo 3: Concept, evidently by it's name, uses updated data from Gran Turismo Concept. This means new cars and updated models (Like, for example, Peugeot 106 S16) and new & updated courses (Like Autumn Ring). Unfortunately, there are some versions of GTC that I or the community do not have access to, and sadly, these versions are exactly the ones that are most important: They are the latest versions. The current latest version of GTC we have, is from December 2002. But there are builds of GTC way into 2003.
These builds are known to contain at least 2 new courses (Fuji Speedway & Tsukuba Circuit) and numerous new cars, all in GT3 format. And, considering the fact that all japanese versions of GTC had loads of unused data, they probably have numerous courses & cars inside as well. By my calculations, I could estimate that the latest GT3/GTC-format build could contain anywhere from 40-60 new cars. You can see the amount of new content in the GT4 E3 version, which was a build temporally close to the last GTC builds.
So my aim here, is to hopefully reach to people who either own these rare builds, or know people who own these builds. Who, hopefully, is ready to help the project by providing this data.
While someone could very well, understandably, be turned down by the idea of offering a virtual copy of an ultra-rare disc, that's not what I'm asking here. I understand that the disc's value is also important to a collector. All I need, is the game's asset data. I don't need everything that makes up the disc. Your discs value will be kept, and also, the data can be kept confidentially if necessary, except of course for the data that would make it into the project. But anyways, here are the known missing builds of GTC/GTC-like versions:
• GTC Subaru Demo
• "GT4P" Subaru Demo
• Lupo Demo Version 1
• Lupo Demo Version 2
If you have any one of these, or know anyone who has any of them, and you/they're willing to help out, reach out to me. You can send a PM, or anything. Also, of course, if someone really does happen to own something like a GT3/GTC/GT4P betas, preview discs, etc., those are absolutely welcome as well. They could contain anything.

I hope this reaches someone. It doesn't need to happen now, but I hope eventually the project can be expanded further with this!

Last edited:
I've already made essentially all work on an exhaust mod, that uses sounds from GT2, GT3, GTC and GT4. I will rework it soon though, and it will still also use sounds from these games. So to answer your question, yes, but I won't be using exclusively GT4 sounds.
Nice work @Miskaroni
does this mean the Pod track from GT Concept can be used on this mod?

Nice work on the mod Miskaroni, also question. Will this work on real PS2 hardware on a softmodded ps2 with FreeHDBoot or will it not run due to RAM limitations of the console?

Nice work on the mod Miskaroni, also question. Will this work on real PS2 hardware on a softmodded ps2 with FreeHDBoot or will it not run due to RAM limitations of the console?
It will run on real hardware as well. I've made sure to iron out any mistakes in the menu code to ensure compatibility on both emulator and PS2. There seems to be quite a bit of extra unused RAM, allowing this to function.

It will run on real hardware as well. I've made sure to iron out any mistakes in the menu code to ensure compatibility on both emulator and PS2. There seems to be quite a bit of extra unused RAM, allowing this to function.
This is basically Gran Turismo 3 Complete Edition. Also are you going to add the car pictures for the dealership section of where it has portraits of the cars?. Also when this mod is released, I will see if I can buy another fat ps2 with FreeMcBoot and FreeHDBoot plus I need to get one of those SATA hard drives with the SATA network adapter conversion. I would just love to play this soo bad.

Last edited:
This is basically Gran Turismo 3 Complete Edition. Also are you going to add the car pictures for the dealership section of where it has portraits of the cars?. Also when this mod is released, I will see if I can buy another fat ps2 with FreeMcBoot and FreeHDBoot plus I need to get one of those SATA hard drives with the SATA network adapter conversion. I would just love to play this soo bad.
I will add the portraits, whenever it becomes possible. Currently there's not a way of creating textures for the game.

I wish one day it would be possible to add Nascar race cars in Gran Turismo 3 and 4 because they have that test course speedway track and the super speedway track as well.

While someone could very well, understandably, be turned down by the idea of offering a virtual copy of an ultra-rare disc, that's not what I'm asking here. I understand that the disc's value is also important to a collector. All I need, is the game's asset data. I don't need everything that makes up the disc. Your discs value will be kept, and also, the data can be kept confidentially if necessary, except of course for the data that would make it into the project. But anyways, here are the known missing builds of GTC/GTC-like versions:
• GTC Subaru Demo
• "GT4P" Subaru Demo
• Lupo Demo Version 1
• Lupo Demo Version 2
If you have any one of these, or know anyone who has any of them, and you/they're willing to help out, reach out to me. You can send a PM, or anything. Also, of course, if someone really does happen to own something like a GT3/GTC/GT4P betas, preview discs, etc., those are absolutely welcome as well. They could contain anything.
tbh this tends to happen a lot less in the Sony/MS circles than in the Nintendo/Sega communities because the latter are full of people with bloated ego.

I wish one day it would be possible to add Nascar race cars in Gran Turismo 3 and 4 because they have that test course speedway track and the super speedway track as well.
I LOVE YOUR PFP. OMG.
If ever there was a decompilation project or something akin to that it would probably be possible, but for the time being, the limited understanding of the VOL means 'new' models/cars/tracks that aren't ports from other versions aren't really feasible afaik, atleast with full functionality... would be amazing though x3

tbh this tends to happen a lot less in the Sony/MS circles than in the Nintendo/Sega communities because the latter are full of people with bloated ego.

I LOVE YOUR PFP. OMG.
If ever there was a decompilation project or something akin to that it would probably be possible, but for the time being, the limited understanding of the VOL means 'new' models/cars/tracks that aren't ports from other versions aren't really feasible afaik, atleast with full functionality... would be amazing though x3
I'm not entirely sure what you meant with that you said at the end, but GT3/GTC/GT4P/GT4 VOL data can be decompiled already, and they can be recompiled as well. For the data itself, GTC, and very early GT4P data is in the same/very similar format as GT3, which makes it usable.

but GT3/GTC/GT4P/GT4 VOL data can be decompiled already, and they can be recompiled as well. For the data itself, GTC, and very early GT4P data is in the same/very similar format as GT3, which makes it usable.
oh interesting
I guess I meant like actually creating new data from scratch, we'd need to understand all the different formats and stuff used, what's been documented? is there a github link somewhere for that? ^^

(being able to create custom car/tracks with fully defined models/data would be great one day x3)

Last edited:
oh interesting
I guess I meant like actually creating new data from scratch, we'd need to understand all the different formats and stuff used, what's been documented? is there a github link somewhere for that? ^^

(being able to create custom car/tracks with fully defined models/data would be great one day x3)
Some data can essentially be created from scratch, like menu data (not textures, but the menu page scripting.) There's been some research into the formats from some people, but sadly there's not that much of the research going on. My own research has been used to develop GT3:C, but the only original tool that has come out of my research is a tool to edit the game's music playlist, and I had to commission someone to create the tool, as I'm no programmer myself. I have noticed some car 3D data research recently so I'm hoping whoever's behind that cracks the format fully.

It's not released. It's still got plenty of work to do, but frankly, it shouldn't take that long anymore.
Hello miskaroni !

I see that your work is still growing! So in this new project we will have:
the cars of GTC / GT4P in addition,
some new circuits,
the noise of the additional or replaced engines sound ,
the wheels in high definition,(i hope)
also in this GT3 Complete Edition, GT3.5?
This is it ?

I think we're all really looking forward to testing, even if it's not quite finished, by that I mean, you could do an update when you may have obtained this iso file of this GTC 2003 , because the wait is unbearable, really ^^

I suppose you are also informed of the famous patch to put on to change the view, it's really necessary to have a little more impression of speed, increasing it by 10 degrees is really enough otherwise we end up with an external view too far from the vehicle, do you think you can modify the distance (advance it) while modifying the FOV?

Anyway, if you plan to release the iso or rather the patch I think we would be very happy to also be able to give you feedback if there are bugs or other!

Thank you for all the work you do on the racing games of our youth!

Hello miskaroni !

I see that your work is still growing! So in this new project we will have:
the cars of GTC / GT4P in addition,
some new circuits,
the noise of the additional or replaced engines sound ,
the wheels in high definition,(i hope)
also in this GT3 Complete Edition, GT3.5?
This is it ?

I think we're all really looking forward to testing, even if it's not quite finished, by that I mean, you could do an update when you may have obtained this iso file of this GTC 2003 , because the wait is unbearable, really ^^

I suppose you are also informed of the famous patch to put on to change the view, it's really necessary to have a little more impression of speed, increasing it by 10 degrees is really enough otherwise we end up with an external view too far from the vehicle, do you think you can modify the distance (advance it) while modifying the FOV?

Anyway, if you plan to release the iso or rather the patch I think we would be very happy to also be able to give you feedback if there are bugs or other!

Thank you for all the work you do on the racing games of our youth!
Hello there!
Indeed, the mod features cars from GTC, but it only contains a handful of GT4P cars (currently just 2, McLaren F1 GTR & Renault 5 Turbo Maxi Rally Car) due to the difficult process of creating night models for the cars by hand. Just wanted to clarify that. But ontop of all that you listed, it includes various other changes too, like new BGM.

About the 2003 GTC, it's extremely unlikely that I will get my hands on the data there anytime soon, unfortunately. And if you meant that can I make the camera to be closer to the car while still increasing the FOV, I probably could, but I believe currently that would require editing every single car models camera position data, which would be way too much work for so little gain. But yes, I will include cheats on the game so people can increase FOV if they so wish.
And I appreciate your enthusiasm about testing GT3:C, if you're interested you can join my Discord server, where I may post feature tests where you can test a feature and give feedback on it. I don't really have much like that yet, but in the coming months I probably will.

Good morning!

Yes I would be interested in joining the discord group (which I don't know)!

Normally when you use the pnach to change the fov on gt3 the creator of the patch also gave the settings to have 3 options of different degrees 60 by default and the customs (70,80,90), the 70 degrees is ideal as much in internal view than external, even if the latter tends to see the camera a little too far back (not much). What I mean is that it applies to all cars so I don't think you're going to have to do it for every vehicle if you move the camera forward a bit, it will generally work.
I remember that it was one of the weak point of this game, the impression of speed was unfortunately quite erased.

I don't know if you talked about customizable races and if it is possible for you to put and do, for example, a complete championship or others with only GT300 jgtc, GT500, le mans, rally ect... and is it possible to changing the ai too, the rail trajectories it takes without caring about you when you are next to it was also a big flaw (just like the gt4).

The units in K/m would also be a real plus for the ntscu versions, it allows to have the language when more understandable in English ^^
The game you create will truly be the end product we wish we had when it was released.
Sony was in a hurry to have its gt3 at the start of its career, so it rushes and botches the job a bit, even if this game is one of the pearls of the PS2 era (same for the gt4).

You said that car skins would be almost untouchable? Do you need custom software to be able to access it? Because there are so many cars to do with skins to bring up to date, already starting with F1 with official ^^gt300s, gt500s, rallies (even put them on series cars that don't need special kits).

Good morning!

Yes I would be interested in joining the discord group (which I don't know)!

Normally when you use the pnach to change the fov on gt3 the creator of the patch also gave the settings to have 3 options of different degrees 60 by default and the customs (70,80,90), the 70 degrees is ideal as much in internal view than external, even if the latter tends to see the camera a little too far back (not much). What I mean is that it applies to all cars so I don't think you're going to have to do it for every vehicle if you move the camera forward a bit, it will generally work.
I remember that it was one of the weak point of this game, the impression of speed was unfortunately quite erased.

I don't know if you talked about customizable races and if it is possible for you to put and do, for example, a complete championship or others with only GT300 jgtc, GT500, le mans, rally ect... and is it possible to changing the ai too, the rail trajectories it takes without caring about you when you are next to it was also a big flaw (just like the gt4).

The units in K/m would also be a real plus for the ntscu versions, it allows to have the language when more understandable in English ^^
The game you create will truly be the end product we wish we had when it was released.
Sony was in a hurry to have its gt3 at the start of its career, so it rushes and botches the job a bit, even if this game is one of the pearls of the PS2 era (same for the gt4).

You said that car skins would be almost untouchable? Do you need custom software to be able to access it? Because there are so many cars to do with skins to bring up to date, already starting with F1 with official ^^gt300s, gt500s, rallies (even put them on series cars that don't need special kits).
You can find the Discord server on the about section on my Youtube channel.
The pnach you're talking about might be actually the one I created, I shared that some time ago I believe.
But yeah, moving the camera forward might mean I have to edit the camera settings for every car, unless there's a global modifier for the camera pos, which I don't remember if there was.
And yeah, new events & customized events are possible to do, and I will feature customized races in the mod. I can't control the A.I that much, but I can control for example how aggressively they enter corners, which all I will tweak to make it so they stop running off the road.
And yes, it should be possible to change the units, but that will have to be a patch/pnach feature.
Car textures are currently basically impossible to edit extensively, only small tweaks can be made. So I will have to wait and see if the texture format is cracked eventually.

Good morning,

Thanks for the precision Miskaroni!
I guess lots of racing themes will be done and it will be very good to play!

I don't see where I can download this on the discord, but I know that's not the place to talk about it, hoping to find an easier solution to get it for me.

And thanks to anonanon for the patch that I'm going to test ^^ I didn't know this already existed, this information is so submarine that it's hard to get!

Good morning,

Thanks for the precision Miskaroni!
I guess lots of racing themes will be done and it will be very good to play!

I don't see where I can download this on the discord, but I know that's not the place to talk about it, hoping to find an easier solution to get it for me.

And thanks to anonanon for the patch that I'm going to test ^^ I didn't know this already existed, this information is so submarine that it's hard to get!
It's not up for download yet, sorry! It's still under work.

Isnt there also another GT3 mod called Gran Turismo 3 Epilogue and does it have the same amount of cars and tracks or no?

I LOVE YOUR PFP. OMG.
Heh thanks!, my profile picture is Felicia from the Capcom fighting game, Darkstalkers which was released in 1994.

Back