GT3: Concept - Updated Car Dealership!

• Thread starter Miskaroni
  • 42 comments
Would it be possible to restore the concept model of the New Beetle that only appeared as an opponent in GT2000?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Originally in GT3's beta versions the car was called New Beetle 2.0 GLS, if that's what you meant, but that wasn't in GT2000. It's also not a concept model, it's the same model with the same colour selection as well.

Miskaroni hello and everyone!

I see that new options like gameplay will be added to gt psp, could you tell us more on this subject, is this on a certain type of tire format, road, sport (range) racing, simulation, rally)?
Will AI adapt naturally to this change?

This is excellent news for everyone! Things are going well ^^

The vehicle display menu can be changed with that of the GT3 concept, (very extensive and it reminds me of an airport background).
In terms of vehicle additions, is there anything new (maybe cars psp for example..) ?
Will we have a pnach code to have 480p that works on real hardware?
Will the addition of wheel LOD updates be on this version?
Sorry for the questions but we're all looking forward to playing it! and do we have a release date soon?^^

Thanks for all the work you're doing!

Last edited:
Miskaroni hello and everyone!

I see that new options like gameplay will be added to gt psp, could you tell us more on this subject, is this on a certain type of tire format, road, sport (range) racing, simulation, rally)?
Will AI adapt naturally to this change?

This is excellent news for everyone! Things are going well ^^

The vehicle display menu can be changed with that of the GT3 concept, (very extensive and it reminds me of an airport background).
In terms of vehicle additions, is there anything new (maybe cars psp for example..) ?
Will we have a pnach code to have 480p that works on real hardware?
Will the addition of wheel LOD updates be on this version?
Sorry for the questions but we're all looking forward to playing it! and do we have a release date soon?^^

Thanks for all the work you're doing!
I guess there's a slight language barrier, but I guess you meant that GT PSP gameplay features will be ported to GT3, which is what I recently tested with the new PSP tires.
The road, race, rally, and F1 tires are currently updated. I still don't know fully what I'll do with the simulation & arcade tires.
A.I will be able to drive just fine on the tires, though I might have to slightly tinker with the tire data to reduce some sudden understeer that seems to still come on at times.

I guess you meant the Arcade mode, and indeed, it has been changed to look like a hybrid of GT3 & GTC, and even a little bit of beta GT3, with the negative-colour bars.

In terms of cars, there's nothing new since the newest videos that I've shown. (Except some hidden cars, that are simply alternate versions of already existing cars.)
I don't really know about the 480p patch, I surely wouldn't know how to make that, if one exists/someone else makes such a patch, then something like that can be included.

The 3D wheels already work as intended and they don't need any more work. Of course if I wanted to, eventually with the modeling tools that recently have come out, it's possible to add the LOD models for even the 3D wheels, so that the game wouldn't require a patch for the wheel LOD distance. It'd be quite a lot of work, so I don't really know. I also haven't looked into the modeling stuff much yet. Only work that's still left to do that's tied with the 3D wheels is the fact that a handful of car models still are overflowing their buffers, If possible I'd like to simply remove the 3rd LOD model from all cars to reduce their filesize to fix the problem. I might have to do that anyway, because if we can port GT4 cars to GT3, GT4 cars don't have 3rd LODs anyways.

And thank you!

--EDIT
Forgot to address the release date. I don't have a planned release yet, the truth is that there's still a lot of work that's needed, and to really streamline the process of updating GT mode events for example, I'm in need of extra utilities to help with that development. It's really true for a lot of things right now; I just need some utilities to work with some of the GT3 file formats.

Last edited:
Hello, yes the language barrier can pose a problem sometimes ^^
But you have answered almost all the questions!

I was saying if it was possible to have the background (animated wallpaper) of the presentation of the gt3concept vehicles, it is very refreshing and it looks like an airport with these lights from different angles.

So the next work will be on the 3d wheel lod!
In your last video you drive a Tommy Kaira, but the game is in a 50hz pal version, am I wrong?
Would it be possible to have it in US or Japanese when it is released?

Thanks

Hello, yes the language barrier can pose a problem sometimes ^^
But you have answered almost all the questions!

I was saying if it was possible to have the background (animated wallpaper) of the presentation of the gt3concept vehicles, it is very refreshing and it looks like an airport with these lights from different angles.

So the next work will be on the 3d wheel lod!
In your last video you drive a Tommy Kaira, but the game is in a 50hz pal version, am I wrong?
Would it be possible to have it in US or Japanese when it is released?

Thanks
If I catched what you meant, are you asking for like a video of the FMV that is played in the background in the arcade mode in the project? If so, I can have it converted to a more appropriate format that you can view on your computer.

Next up I probably wont be working on the LOD data yet, as I'll have to prepare and do a lot of research and testing for that. I'd like to tackle the events and perhaps car sounds next, or maybe just the rest of the car physics.

And yes, the version I've based GT3:C on is the 50Hz PAL region version. It's definitely possible to have it for the NTSC-U/J regions as well, but firstly when I get the project in shape for a beta release, it will be for PAL only initially. But I promise to port all the changes to the American and Japanese versions as well!

Hello !

Great to hear that the project will be focused on Japanese and us, it's not that I don't like 50hz, but almost. It simply doesn't get the full potential out of a game, that was really the problem of that era!

Linguistic barriers are difficult sometimes, please forgive me.

I was just saying if you are going to keep the presentation of the cars in the menu like on the gt3 concept, and if it works from now on with all the cars added to date and if the images of the cars as well as the circuits have been correctly implemented in the menus.

Like this example in this video.\/

Last edited:
Hello !

Great to hear that the project will be focused on Japanese and us, it's not that I don't like 50hz, but almost. It simply doesn't get the full potential out of a game, that was really the problem of that era!

Linguistic barriers are difficult sometimes, please forgive me.

I was just saying if you are going to keep the presentation of the cars in the menu like on the gt3 concept, and if it works from now on with all the cars added to date and if the images of the cars as well as the circuits have been correctly implemented in the menus.

Like this example in this video.\/

No worries, you are forgiven! It's alright. :D

Indeed, yes, the Arcade mode menus are basically finished. So how it appears in the video is how it'll look in the final product. And yes, all cars have the required menu graphics (though some use placeholder ones until proper ones can be created), and the currently featured new tracks also have menu graphics. Also Arcade 2P Mode contains the new graphics. It also fixes the cars that in vanilla had missing graphics, like the special colour S2000's, and the 2P Menu was also missing graphics for some other special colour cars.
You can see example photos here.

Thank you for your feedback, it’s appreciated!

do you think it will be possible to have a roof/bonnet view like in gt4 for example?
as well as a larger fov, like 65.70 degrees? A patch exists on the GT3 and it works on real hardware.

I hope that we will put our hands together soon, there is like a wind of freshness coming to the Gran Turismo saga, and more than ever I notice, a little before it was gt5 and 6 then followed by a gt2 plus and here we have a real burst of love from gt4 spec2 randomizer which arrives with a new big update (I'm not talking about the car additions creation yet ^^), a symbiosis of all the gt3 and addons with the addition of psp too and without forgetting the famous gt2 spec 2.0 mod which I think is constantly coming out with update-based cars and events!
It's not that gt7 is bad, but that clearly the series and the episodes before it had such an impact on us as players, it forged a love of cars in us all. The jgtc are my best category of cars, without Gran Turismo I would never have known it like that before and with so much involvement.
And you are here to bring us back to life and have a new approach/feel to our favorite racing games!

So thanks

Last edited:
Thank you for your feedback, it’s appreciated!

do you think it will be possible to have a roof/bonnet view like in gt4 for example?
as well as a larger fov, like 65.70 degrees? A patch exists on the GT3 and it works on real hardware.

I hope that we will put our hands together soon, there is like a wind of freshness coming to the Gran Turismo saga, and more than ever I notice, a little before it was gt5 and 6 then followed by a gt2 plus and here we have a real burst of love from gt4 spec2 randomizer which arrives with a new big update (I'm not talking about the car additions creation yet ^^), a symbiosis of all the gt3 and addons with the addition of psp too and without forgetting the famous gt2 spec 2.0 mod which I think is constantly coming out with update-based cars and events!
It's not that gt7 is bad, but that clearly the series and the episodes before it had such an impact on us as players, it forged a love of cars in us all. The jgtc are my best category of cars, without Gran Turismo I would never have known it like that before and with so much involvement.
And you are here to bring us back to life and have a new approach/feel to our favorite racing games!

So thanks
Frankly, I don't really know what system the game uses to cycle through the cameras, I would imagine that the game is programmed to only use the chase & "bumper" cams, so I doubt I'll be able to give it the functionality to use more camera angles.

FOV is indeed possible to adjust, and I will most likely include cheats with the project to adjust it.

And indeed, I love the fact that every game is now getting love, even GT1 with Pez's recent modifications.

And thank you, you're very welcome!

Hello @Miskaroni
can you possibly make a mod that enables you to buy and change the wheels of formula one cars? so that super slick tires can be enabled to purchase. thanks!!

Hello @Miskaroni
can you possibly make a mod that enables you to buy and change the wheels of formula one cars? so that super slick tires can be enabled to purchase. thanks!!
I'm honestly not so sure about that. Having different compounds available would probably make the F1 races a breeze, if you had the possibility of changing the tires while the A.I doesn't. But I'll think about it.

Back