GT3 Hybriding questions (i'm new)

Australia
Australia
HDTCommodore
see the latest posts for more info

BTW, i use a ps2 console to play these games.

How do i convert xps saves to psv so i can put them on the card and use them? I can get saves off the card and put them on the flash drive using the ps3, but the ps3 doesn't recognise the xps files from mks tool so i can't put them on the card, as it doesn't work on the pc (need driver?)

I'll try changing the name of the .xps to .psv and see if that'll work. No, i says corrupted data

If I get a memory card to USB cord for Christmas, will downloading a save file hacked to contain all the hidden cars, damage my game in any way? I'm not allowed to buy second hand stuff, and I love GT3, I'd be GUTTED if it got damaged.

BTW, I use a PS2. I'd back up the save before putting the new one on, and I'd use my restarted one (I have 3 mem cards)

Do the Sample cars cause actual damage to the game, or just glitches while that save is in use?[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Another of my stupid threads.

If I get a memory card to USB cord for Christmas, will downloading a save file hacked to contain all the hidden cars, damage my game in any way? I'm not allowed to buy second hand stuff, and I love GT3, I'd be GUTTED if it got damaged.

BTW, I use a PS2. I'd back up the save before putting the new one on, and I'd use my restarted one (I have 3 mem cards)

I don't think any save game could damage the game, the worst case you'd probably get is experiencing strange glitches with your cars but that'd probably be about it.

Cars on the save game only? I would expect that. They're not finished! I just don't want too many glitches with my main save. The main thing I want is just to drive the DIABLO! :drool::bowdown:

even if it looks like a diahatsu, but I use in car view anyway. (actually, I think it's changed to an r390 on the save I found on the internet. )

Cars on the save game only? I would expect that. They're not finished! I just don't want too many glitches with my main save. The main thing I want is just to drive the DIABLO! :drool::bowdown:

even if it looks like a diahatsu, but I use in car view anyway. (actually, I think it's changed to an r390 on the save I found on the internet. )

I'm pretty sure the only hacked car i've had issues with was the sample 007 car, it pretty much caused all the other cars to not load.

I'm pretty sure the only hacked car i've had issues with was the sample 007 car, it pretty much caused all the other cars to not load.

The one I have trouble with is Sample 006, for some reason it doesn't like the simulation mode and won't load at all.

It works just fine in Arcade Mode though.

As long as you remember that there's only 1 save per memory card, then there are no issues. Your disc won't be affected. Your existing gamesave won't be affected (unless you overwrite it.)

Yes, I'll cut and paste the save to my pc then put the hacked one on.

You guys know where I can get a save with all the hidden cars?

The one I have trouble with is Sample 006, for some reason it doesn't like the simulation mode and won't load at all.

It works just fine in Arcade Mode though.

You're right, didn't remember which one was the silver block with the yellow wheels.

THANKS! I won't bother downloading till I get the cord, but do you need to know anything to edit saves of is all the info in the program. Does it tell you how to get secret cars? (including opels)??

THANKS! I won't bother downloading till I get the cord, but do you need to know anything to edit saves of is all the info in the program. Does it tell you how to get secret cars? (including opels)??

Its pretty much just right click a car, and change anything you want, without messing around with those HEX codes.
mkgt3.png

Last edited:
Ah! and if I onlt use cars i know work, no damage, right! can i use the 156 racer like xenn did, or do i need to actualy hack the game?

Ah! and if I onlt use cars i know work, no damage, right! can i use the 156 racer like xenn did, or do i need to actualy hack the game?

You won't be able to use it just yet, but i'm currently looking for it's codes right now and will post them as I find them.

Thanks! And that video was HILARIOUS! Was that all hacks on the game? or the mem card. What was wrong with the yellow lancer? It looked fast, but my game tuned tme could keep up with le mans cars.

Thanks! And that video was HILARIOUS! Was that all hacks on the game? or the mem card. What was wrong with the yellow lancer? It looked fast, but my game tuned tme could keep up with le mans cars.

Those are called hybrids. Cars with different parts, and power multipliers.

Ah, i didn't know hybrid could be that awesome! Do the Sample cars cause actual damage to the game, or just glitches while that save is in use?

Last edited:
OK! will delete it from my custom save! btw, how do you delete cars? i've just been replacing the ones on the save I downloaded that i've never driven with those i have , so's not to ruin the surprise, so to speak. (sorry about all the tedious questions!!)

OK! will delete it from my custom save! btw, how do you delete cars? i've just been replacing the ones on the save I downloaded that i've never driven with those i have , so's not to ruin the surprise, so to speak. (sorry about all the tedious questions!!)

Since you can't sell the sample cars you'll need to change its car base to a car that can be sold. For example...

Select one of the sample cars rows and then press F6, you'll be prompted to change the car. Between the "Select" and "Cancel" buttons is a checkbox called "Base only". Tick it and then choose a car that can be sold. That way you can remove it without any problems.

Be sure to save your game after you do this.

ok. how do you change the setting values and power multiplier? change part is greyed out.

In any of the cars columns, right click and then choose "export car". Name it anything you want and then save it, it'll appear as an .ini file.

Open that .ini file and you'll see a list of values. Ideally, you'd want to adjust values in-game. Here's the power multiplier:

440= BHP Multiplier

Keep in mind, the values in the .ini file are always +1. So for example...

-1001: x1 BHP
-2001: x2 BHP

So all you need to do, is add 1 to your desired BHP. -2000 + 1 = -2001.

Once that's done, save the .ini file and return to GT3gEdit. Right click your car and then choose "import car". Locate the .ini file you saved and then import it, the changes should now be in effect.

You mean the question in the first post?
At first, I think there is no converter which converts to the .psv format. You can only convert these savegames with a memory card to PS3 converter.
Well, since it's a .xps savegame, you need a so-called X-Port. But I can tell you, it's really hard to get one. You also can use an Action Replay Max, which is easier to get, and use a .xps to .max converter (click me) for converting the savegame to the .max format. I think the only problem is, that it won't convert into the other direction (.max -> .xps).
If you did this, you can move the savegame to your PS2 memory card. Then you can play it.

Hope you get what I mean, I'm not a native English speaker and explaining this is kinda hard for me. :nervous:

Back