GT3 i-link

  • Thread starter Thread starter ViperJF
  • 21 comments
  • 1,688 views
Messages
1
Does anyone know when I playing in i-link mode. how can I load my own memory card car setting. Is it possible?
 
i don't believe you can, since you can't race cars from your own garage.

...and welcome to :gtp:!
 
I have a "Professional" I-Link (supposed to go faster than norm) and you can't play with ur cars. You can only play with cars in Arcade Mode.....wut a waste of $20.00........o well
 
that really does suck is there anyway at all you can play against real people using your own cars?
 
It does suck

When i had that six player link up we where all looking forward to racing each other in our own modded cars.

that would have brought tuning techniques and driving skill into the equasion

But no they left that part out of the game

Why why why have you done this :(
maybe we will see it in the next instalment of :gt:
 
So if you play in two player mode you can use your own cars? Is that split screen?
 
I wish I had two PS2's, two GT3 disks, and two good tv's near each other so I could do an iLink battle. Just the fact that it's full screen instead of half a screen is enough to compensate for not being able to use custom cars.
 
Im lucky to have that luxury (2 PS2's 2 Sony wega 28inchers)

But it can be a pain in the butt though because every time we get ilink on the go everyone comes to mine because i have the gear

Im looking out for a really good ilink shooter so we can put the tv's back to back for some serious killing

Know of any ?
 
Me and Race Idiot tried but loading your own garage in i-link mode doesnt work thats why its much better on gt concept
 
If your i.link racing buds are all about the same skill level it can make for some really exciting door to door racing. Our group currently has 5 players, we run with slow car boost on low,this tends to bunch you up a little, which makes it a lot more fun. Pit strategy also plays a key role, we always run laps that are not divisible by 4( the average life of your tires) Usually we run somewhere around 23 laps.If everyone uses the same cars , then driving skill and pit stategy wins races. On the other hand, I sure hope GT4 will give access to our garages in i.link.:banghead: :eek: :D :D :cheers: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
 
It would be great if i-link mode let you use your own garage, but the fun of racing 5 other human idiots instead of AI idiots far outweighs theis disappointment.

Getting onto a grid with five others who can all drive well, using identical (or similar) cars gives me a buzz every time.

We run a ladder, and also set an odd number of laps and tire wear, but not slow car boost because it makes lap times meaningless.

I really need to get to the top of the ladder... :mad:
 
I have never I-linked before. Plus none of my friends in my neightborhood has GT3 (they are the RPG type). My friends with GT are all outside my neighborhood. Wish I could try it....
 
All of my friends with GT don't have an i-link, neither do i.
 
Originally posted by keeno_uk
thats why its much better on gt concept

Why is GT concept better?

Is it in GT concept possible to use your own tuned cars in i-link mode?

Would be nice + a reason to buy the game!!! :)
 
Originally posted by javdalen
Why is GT concept better? Is it in GT concept possible to use your own tuned cars in i-link mode?

No, there are no 'garage cars' in GT Concept at all, but you do have a much bigger range of cars to choose from than in the GT3 arcade mode cars.

The downside of GTC in i.link is the very limited selection of tracks. I'd use GT3 for i.linking most of the time for track variety.
 
yeah it's kinda fun cuz eatch players has his tv cuz when
the player screen are splitted and you have a 20 inch tv it make your view very small
 
Originally posted by Wastegate
No, there are no 'garage cars' in GT Concept at all, but you do have a much bigger range of cars to choose from than in the GT3 arcade mode cars.

The downside of GTC in i.link is the very limited selection of tracks. I'd use GT3 for i.linking most of the time for track variety.

OK!

Then I have another question about i.link and GT concept:

Is it in GT concept possible to tune (choose how hard your suspension and stuff is) your car before you start a race? And is this as good as the tuning part in GT3?
 
Originally posted by javdalen
OK!

Then I have another question about i.link and GT concept:

Is it in GT concept possible to tune (choose how hard your suspension and stuff is) your car before you start a race? And is this as good as the tuning part in GT3?

You cannot tune your car at all in GTC, you can only run cars as is. You cannot tune a car in i.link mode in GT3 either.
 
yo thats cool...man Im gonna go to the local hobby shop and ask for a challenge....cuz my bro and my neighbours....are....not that good at the game....
 
Back