GT3's graphical/gameplay evolution in videoform-extremely rare and exclusive footage

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 61 comments
I decide to make this - a comparsion of Seattle (and the Evo V) between GT2, GT2000, and GT3:

vid
Enjoy it. :D

Cool video, thx.

Watch This

13:04 Kazunori Yamauchi Crying, 10:12 Smoking

Amazing video, thx so much for this! Would be more amazing with subtitles but as I read so much about this game back then I knew pretty much all the time what they were telling about.

Last edited:

Starting at 6:40.

Starting at 2:15.

They're pretty similar to the first video in the first post (the second one is exactly the same), but I think it's still nice to have them here, although they don't really show new things. Oh, and the quality is pretty good.

I had found some pictures of Gran Turismo 2000.

I am not sure if this box art is real or not.
g04660o2u4o.jpg

s170246dv19.jpg

s17025jauah.jpg

s17026kv73r.jpg

gt2000_3-000.jpg

gt2000_41_640w.jpg

tumblr_lk40krhxOJ1qd2n24.png

grant2k_l1.jpg

Another box art picture.
58960_gt2000_122_1185lo.jpg

Last edited:
Its extremely interesting to see how the cars and tracks in Gran Turismo evolved from the PS1 to the PS2. I think this was a very important part in GT's history! It was the Gran Turismo PS1 to PS2 metamorphosis!

Gran Turismo 3 Netz Demo (Toyota Dealerships)

That video you posted about the GT3 maya modeling had a super speedway with a Laguna Seca map, i discovered something simmilar in the GT4 Prologue disc.

7ExCcdZ.png

saEoFbf.png

Last edited:
Another box art picture.
58960_gt2000_122_1185lo.jpg

This is the actual cover for the demo disc. It came in what I am assuming to be a cardboard "sleeve" type, envelope kind of thing.

And then...

I had found some pictures of Gran Turismo 2000.

I am not sure if this box art is real or not.
g04660o2u4o.jpg

This would be the actual plastic case. I don't think it was ever distributed under this format so it remain just a concept idea.
You can tell it's real because that's just a wider shot of the first cover.

This is the actual cover for the demo disc. It came in what I am assuming to be a cardboard "sleeve" type, envelope kind of thing.

And then...

This would be the actual plastic case. I don't think it was ever distributed under this format so it remain just a concept idea.
You can tell it's real because that's just a wider shot of the first cover.
Thanks for the information deko wolf

Thanks for the information deko wolf

You're welcome.
Once you get used to how the world of Gran Turismo and games. You begin to understand how things work.

Speaking of which, did anyone managed to salvage pictures from the old sony/playstation website dedicated to GT3?

Back