GT4 100 Percent Complete !

• Thread starter PS2 GT4
  • 17 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
I'm new to the forum, so here's my story... I gave my grandson many years ago my PS2 Silver Slim 79001 along with the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and pedals. For Christmas this year he got a PS4, so he re-gifted back to me this Christmas my PS2 setup. My favorite game of all time was GT4 which I played with the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and pedals, but never finished the series. Now being retired I finally had the time to complete the game 100% and finally got the Black Polyphony Formula Gran Turismo '04. I have almost all the other Polyphony Formula colored cars except the "white and orange ones" which I'm still currently working on. I've run the 24 hour endurance race more times than I can count and have a bunch of Polyphony Formula's in multiple colors... some doubles, some triples, and even quadruples, but the white and the orange ones still elude me. Of course, I have all the black cars and the other fastest and best cars available in GT4 which are all maxed out. Anyway, I'll post a video of all real soon along with a few good tips when I finally get the Orange and White Polyphony Formula's to go along with the others in my garage.

Oh... For those that aren't aware of the various Polyphony Formulas you can get in the 24 hour endurance hall here's a chart...

1%20GT4%20A%20POLYPHONY%20FORMULA%20GRAN%20TURISMO%2004%20COLOR%20CHART_zps0wkcflsg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to the forum, so here's my story... I gave my grandson many years ago my PS2 Silver Slim 79001 along with the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and pedals. For Christmas this year he got a PS4, so he re-gifted back to me this Christmas my PS2 setup. My favorite game of all time was GT4 which I played with the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and pedals, but never finished the series. Now being retired I finally had the time to complete the game 100% and finally got the Black Polyphony Formula Gran Turismo '04. I have almost all the other Polyphony Formula colored cars except the "white and orange ones" which I'm still currently working on. I've run the 24 hour endurance race more times than I can count and have a bunch of Polyphony Formula's in multiple colors... some doubles, some triples, and even quadruples, but the white and the orange ones still elude me. Of course, I have all the black cars and the other fastest and best cars available in GT4 which are all maxed out. Anyway, I'll post a video of all real soon along with a few good tips when I finally get the Orange and White Polyphony Formula's to go along with the others in my garage.

Oh... For those that aren't aware of the various Polyphony Formulas you can get in the 24 hour endurance hall here's a chart...

1%20GT4%20A%20POLYPHONY%20FORMULA%20GRAN%20TURISMO%2004%20COLOR%20CHART_zps0wkcflsg.jpg

Welcome to GTPlanet :)

Outstanding! 👍

Welcome! I also applaud the fact that you have the patience to actually try and collect all the PD F1 colors.. Once was way more than enough for me xD

Although... you can drive it in any color (even the black special with a trick) in arcade mode :P But that's common knowledge by now anyway. Glad to see more people playing the ol' 4. Driving with a wheel on that one is as good as on GT5 <3

I recently replayed GT4 to 100% myself. Still is my favorite GT game. I too have collected a bunch of the PD F1 cars, but through a different reason. I've been testing what sort of strange cars I can win the 24 hrs Nur in. Personal favorite was the Jenson so far. Haha

Thanks you guys...! Welp, it took me several days to finally get the White and Orange Polyphony Formulas that were eluding me and I now finally have all 11 colors. In the next few days or so I'll post up some original pics and/or a video of "all" taken from my flatscreen. 👍 :gtplanet: :D

Speaking of which. I finished GT4 100% a few days ago myself after over 3 years of putting the FGT championship for later yay~

I just really wanted to drive the Mercedes C9 xD

Video Back Up By Popular Request... :)

This is my "2016 GRAN TURISMO 4 TRIBUTE VIDEO" to one of the greatest PS2 games of all time. I first wish to thank Sony, Polyphony Digital, and All The Makers for providing this Grandpa and his Grandson with years and years of pleasure and fun ! ( Read The Below For Further Details About This Video )

All of the photos in this video were completed from cars in my GT4 garage using photo travel and lab. All photos were then transferred to my "Sony Micro Vault 128mb Flash Drive" and the video was prepared from them.

The FIRST SEGMENT of the video shows photos of "My Top Three Favorite Cars". Each car photo is then followed by what I refer to as "My Top Three Favorite Easter Eggs", or shall I say, "My Favorite Surprising Points Of Interest". Also, notice that the photo at the beginning of this video features both my Black Polyphony Formula GT and my Ford GT4 Spec II in the same photo.

About My Top Three Favorite Cars...

In the Number 1 Position - My Daily Race Car:
THE FORD GT4 SPEC II GAME CASE COVER CAR
(Win GT World Championship - Professional Hall)

In the Number 2 Position - My Ultimate Race Car:
THE BLACK POLYPHONY FORMULA GAME CAR
(Win Completing Gran Turismo 4 100% Percent)

In the Number 3 Position - My Go To Race Car:
THE MINOLTA TOYOTA 88C-V RACE CAR
(Win El Captain 200 Mile - Endurance Hall)

About My Top Three Favorite Easter Eggs...

In the Number 1 Position, this without question is probably the most famous of all the Easter Eggs that exist in GT4. "THE TWO GIRLS BY THE POOL". Probably the hardest to find or locate in the game, it can be found at the Cote d' Azur Circuit. Even the pool along the ocean can not be seen when racing and you can only discover it basically in a replay while using photo travel and lab. This Easter Egg has certainly been one of the most discussed of all time, as one of the pool girls appears to be topless, but, you be the judge.

In the Number 2 Position is the "FIGHTER JETS FLY OVER IN RED WHITE & BLUE" which can only be seen in the Endurance Hall 24 Hour Race At Circuit de la Sarthe II. These jets have actual "movement" and will appear overhead as soon as the race starts. You must actually do the 24 hour race in the Endurance Hall Event to see the jets flying by overhead.

In the Number 3 Position is my 2016 personal discovery, the "MOVING ESCALATOR AND PEOPLE" which I found racing and then CRASHING at the Hong Kong City Race Circuit. While driving, just before getting to the main downtown strip, there is a sharp large curve immediately after going thru a brief underpass where I spun and crashed into a wall that's in front of a building. Ya might say I discovered it by accident in an accident. If you stop right at that corner and look right, inside the building there you will see people moving up and down on a moving escalator. It is the only building in the game that I'm aware of that has movement actually inside it. As far as anyone knows, my new 2016 discovery was never mentioned before anywhere, until I discovered it this year and brought it to the attention of certain internet forums for others to enjoy.

The SECOND SEGMENT includes all the other "Additional 10 Colors" of the "POLYPHONY FORMULA GT COLLECTION" that I won doing so many 24 hour runs over the years at the "Nurburgring" that I've lost count. I find it interesting that only the "Pure White One" uses the "Mobile" vs "Castrol" promotion like all of the other colored PFGT's.

The THIRD SEGMENT is of the ever popular "FOUR SPECIAL BLACK CARS" that can be found in the Used Car Showrooms 1 and 2 on days 694 to 700 and subsequent added days thereafter. I do have two of each as you will see, being that one set is modified fully and the others are completely stock as they came. I purchased the second set on day 1394, so if you missed them the first time, you can be assured you'll get other chances to purchase them down the road.

The FORTH SEGMENT shows photos of the above cars in my GT4 garage and basic setup of my PS2 Silver Slim with the Multitap Memory Storage, the Original Controller and the Logitech Driving Force Pro Wheel and Pedals, which I highly recommend.

ADDED BONUS:

Toward the end of this video you'll also find a amusing EASTER EGG JOKE (Of My Own Making).

After playing this game on and off over a dozen years, I completed it the old fashion way in 2016.

Don't Give Up and Good Luck !

Great stuff!
I'm currently playing through GT4 myself for the 3rd time.
I completed it back when it was first released, then played again a few years ago, but only got to around 25% before job commitments and a house move plus marriage stalled my progress.

I'm settled now and have a full racing set-up in my man-cave; wall mounted 42in Panasonic TV, PS2, PS3, and PS4 connected. Logitech G25 wheel & pedals, leather racing seat and custom-built platform to get the full effect. I'm only at 12% now but I'm taking my time and want to gold all the licenses as well as achieving 100% so I'm settled in for the long haul. Your enthusiasm in inspirational :cheers:

Great stuff!
I'm currently playing through GT4 myself for the 3rd time.
I completed it back when it was first released, then played again a few years ago, but only got to around 25% before job commitments and a house move plus marriage stalled my progress.

I'm settled now and have a full racing set-up in my man-cave; wall mounted 42in Panasonic TV, PS2, PS3, and PS4 connected. Logitech G25 wheel & pedals, leather racing seat and custom-built platform to get the full effect. I'm only at 12% now but I'm taking my time and want to gold all the licenses as well as achieving 100% so I'm settled in for the long haul. Your enthusiasm in inspirational :cheers:

Welcome back to GT4 Rikki ! Very cool and sure looks like you have all the bases covered on your cool home setup. I hear ya on the having the time to play thing. Back in the early 2000's when I started playing the GT Series, (1,2,3, & 4), life was busy so it took me awhile to complete my favorite and the best in the series imho-Number 4. Being a retired grandpa now, I have the time to devote to the game. I've been working on my garage of late and making it best suited for me as well as perfecting my driving skills. I had to many cars I never used anymore with doubles and various assorted colors and all etc. Decided to limit and stream line it to only the best of the best cars I use now. Thanks on the enthusiasm thing also ! GT4 truly is my fav of all time. Been trying to get the online competitions running as well, so feel free to join in on my other thread as members are needed for sure... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-4-new-2016-online-racing-competitions.347951/ ... I have some great ideas that have not been posted yet to make it a lot of fun in the future. With that said, I've been waiting to purchase a PS4 and other equipment related myself pending the release of GT Sport and reviews by the public. Hopefully I'll be wowed again like I was when the PS2 and GT4 combo came out. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back