GT4 Advantage???

Messages
638
United States
Los Angeles, CA
Messages
scoobyonline2000
I did a search and nothing came up on this, but if anyone finds some thread on this, point me to it and get a mod to close this thread, thank you.

Here is my question, wont the people who have been playing GT4 Prologue for the past few months have a big advantage over those of us who havent played it? I did read somewhere that the game is different from previous GT games, so wont it be like a totally new game?...im just asking.
 
the OPM UK magazine said that GT4 is quite different from Prologue, so I don´t think it will be a huge advantage for those who have GT4:P
 
its possible that, if you have alot of medals in gt4p, youll be rewarded with some more starting cash, or a license in gt4
 
I think the biggest advantage will be having beaten GT3. Simply playing the games for the past few years is your biggest advantage. I think if you have skills in the type of game that Gran Turismo is, then you will quickly adapt. The advantage will last no more than a couple weeks.
 
Part of teh advertising for GT4:P was that it was a 'learner demo' for GT4. And really a taster of the graphics. But it seems now that so much has changed from Prologue that their 'experience' won't be that much of an advantage. Even if they did have an advantage, its just an excuse for you to play harder :p
 
Hajaz
its possible that, if you have alot of medals in gt4p, youll be rewarded with some more starting cash, or a license in gt4
that ain´t happening to me, cause I have Japanese Prologue, but I´ll buy the US GT4.
 
Hmmz I thought I read in some dutch magazine that, if you beat gt4p driving school and save it on memory card you don't have to beat the GT4 license school.
 
I don't think GT4P will have much to do with GT4. Nor do i think playing GT4P gives you an advantage in GT4. I've played GT4P through completely once, now am going back through the school mode to get all golds, doing the same with GT3 as a refresher too, it had been about 10 months since I last went for all golds, it is much easier this time though a few still give me a bit of trouble.

Consider GT4 a blank slate. I think if you have played all the GTs (1,2,3) and understand the game basics you will good to go, just gotta get used to the handling. After that it is anyone's game.

The only advantage I can see of playing GT4P is learning the 5 circuits. I assume and hope all 5 are in GT4. Just 5 less circuits to learn.

Plus I highly doubt that a finished GT4P will reward you with credits or something in GT4. Definately not in the North american version given thatt GT4P was asia only. Plus what is the point, seems kinda dumb to me.
 
The only thing I could think that you would benefit from in Prologue is the layout and knowledge of the included tracks......other than that you really don't have much of an advantage over someone who has not played prologue.....remeber prologue was ages ago......GT4 is totally different now.
 
robin2223
The only thing I could think that you would benefit from in Prologue is the layout and knowledge of the included tracks......other than that you really don't have much of an advantage over someone who has not played prologue.....remeber prologue was ages ago......GT4 is totally different now.

Ya I got Prolouge back in January or Febuary of this years. When I play it it looks better than GT3 but when I see the most recent GT4 videos it doesn't even compare. Not only graphics but the way the cars handle and so on.
 
Well the biggest advantage would be the track knowledge of Citta di Aria/Grand Canyon / New York / Fuji and Tsukuba, but it wont take long for anyone else to get to grips with these. But maybe for a month in the online racing the "Prologue Guys" will rule on these tracks :)

Pak
Hmmz I thought I read in some dutch magazine that, if you beat gt4p driving school and save it on memory card you don't have to beat the GT4 license school.

I've heard that too, but I believe there will be far more licence tests in GT4 so we will still have to do alot more. Just get a head start with one type of licence..noone really knows. Points to credits would be nice, it might make the difference between an alright car and a damm nice one :)

Oh one more thing, Prologue has been useful in practicing on the new 900 degree wheel 👍
 
Tacet_Blue
Well the biggest advantage would be the track knowledge of Citta di Aria/Grand Canyon / New York / Fuji and Tsukuba, but it wont take long for anyone else to get to grips with these. But maybe for a month in the online racing the "Prologue Guys" will rule on these tracks :)



I've heard that too, but I believe there will be far more licence tests in GT4 so we will still have to do alot more. Just get a head start with one type of licence..noone really knows. Points to credits would be nice, it might make the difference between an alright car and a damm nice one :)

Oh one more thing, Prologue has been useful in practicing on the new 900 degree wheel 👍

Speaking of which how do you like the 900* wheel? I find it annoying at times, esepcially when you begin to use the wheel in it's full turn, it is easy to get lost as to where 'center" is with it due to the force feedback not being progressive through the entire range of the wheel, like say a real car, the more you turn the wheels the more you feel it.

I think the most problems come for me on the second coffee Break, the one with all the random cones. I can get so crissed up on that is it friggin' silly. I usually use the DS2 in that case for that one.

However on the tight hairpins, like at Tsukuba, I love the turn in feel, much nice that hitting hard stops in GT3.

All in all I'm impressed with the 900* but I am hoping PD works out some of the rough edges with the final GT4.
 
...i think the only advantage the people willhave is that they know the tracks(NY,Fuji,Aria and canyon)and that the other people who had no GT4 Prologue will have to learn these five tracks in GT4......there´s the different(more realistic) physic in Prologue,too which is NEARLY the same as in the final game....and of course people who can buy Prologue can ENJOY the latest GRAPHIC ENGINE (Awesome graphic-->cras,environment!!:))which also is NEARLY the same as in GT4!!!......but this all things aren´t soooOOO many advantages it´s just a "TIME-KILL-GAME"...........
 
I love the wheel 👍

There was times when I was getting crossed up with my hands, especially when I refused to take my fingers of the paddle shifts. I was in knots :crazy: Now if I need to do a big turn, like the second hairpin a Citta in some cars with high steering ratio's, I just grab the wheel at the bottom and pull it right over, then I know that my hand should be back at the bottom when I'm straigntening up.

The wheel doesn't straighten up by itself as quickly as a real car does, it does try to do it, but not fast enough, so it needs a little help. But really I think it is awsome, the feedback on some of the cars is :crazy: . Always set it in options to strong. There is a lesson in the Xanavi, that starts you at speed at Fuji (can't remember which one) and if you're not ready it just snatches the wheel straight out your hands after half a second and you crash :lol: I give that one to my mates...its 3-2-1...ahhh..crash.. :lol:
 
just one more little question, will the rotation degree of the wheel change from Race Car to Street Car? meaning will you turn less on a race car to turn, while you have to turn more while driving a street car in GT4???
 
scoobyonline200
just one more little question, will the rotation degree of the wheel change from Race Car to Street Car? meaning will you turn less on a race car to turn, while you have to turn more while driving a street car in GT4???

The cars in GT4P do turn differently. But I put that more the the each cars own properties. Race cars have more sensative steering, but that is always the case anyway beyond having a wheel. Any differences in the cars behavior is associated with the properties of said car, not so much the wheel. Though you definately feel it in the wheel. The force feedback changes between cars too.
 
scoobyonline200
just one more little question, will the rotation degree of the wheel change from Race Car to Street Car? meaning will you turn less on a race car to turn, while you have to turn more while driving a street car in GT4???

Yes..loads! In the McLaren you only actually turn the wheel about 30 degrees all race!
Some road cars need a lot more turning to get them round easy corners.

Edit: As kensei says it is more of a property of the car than the wheel, and you'd probably notice the same sensitivity change using a DS2, but I can't remember..its been a while :)
 
those who have played racing sims online might have a bit of an advantage, because they understand tricks to surviving in a race. and when to compromise and when not to.
 
kensei
The force feedback changes between cars too.

I think the Xanavi has some of the heaviest steering, have you tried the Mc F1 down the Fuji home straight at 300kph and then taken your hands of the wheel :lol: you have to try that.
Also the Ford GT at top speed starts vibrating all over the place... :crazy:
 
Tacet_Blue
I think the Xanavi has some of the heaviest steering, have you tried the Mc F1 down the Fuji home straight at 300kph and then taken your hands of the wheel :lol: you have to try that.
Also the Ford GT at top speed starts vibrating all over the place... :crazy:

...so does the Takata NSX @ Fuji right before turn one. Then again how many people take their hands fully off the wheel at 300kph into a brake zone...hahaha.

The thing I noticed with GT4P is that there really is a huge difference in force feedback and wheel feel between the the drivetrains (FF, FR, 4wd, MR). In GT3 the drivetrains felt different but the feel of the wheel never really changed. In GT4P it is night and day.

The brake pedal is also ALOT different. In Gt3 all cars, in arcade mode, had the same brake feel (for the msot part). In GT4P you really gotta watch it.

Downshifts are another. Take the non-rally Evo to Tsubuka, downshift in the final turn and you will see what I mean. Say hello to the outside wall!

:)
 
Pak
Hmmz I thought I read in some dutch magazine that, if you beat gt4p driving school and save it on memory card you don't have to beat the GT4 license school.

If that is the case, which I hope it isn't I will wipe my GT4P save before I play GT4. I enjoy license tests a great deal, especially the funky new style ones in GT4P and wouldn't mind recompleting them all over again.
 
Plus that wouldn't be too fair for us Americans. You guys would then be able to buy faster cars sooner and online would be very unbalanced.
 
naa mang. the races will be regulated. or at least have an option to be regulated. (restrictions, etc....) so things should be moderatly fair :)
 
Yeah, if I can't regulate races so I can choose which kind of cars I race, or WHO I race, I'm neva goin back online :mad: . At least :banghead: PD :banghead: gotta do something, I don't wanna have to race my Levin against something like a Le Mans car (unless the driver sucks and I'm there to show him it ain't the car that wins the race) :trouble:
 
I don't know, I'm still septical...guess I'll juset wait for the game to come out
 
Im in the us and i was owndering where could i possibly get a copy of gt4 prolouge.
 
Hajaz
its possible that, if you have alot of medals in gt4p, youll be rewarded with some more starting cash, or a license in gt4

I hope so, i got all gold in prologue, no silver and bronze. It was my 2nd time playing it though.


I highly doubt we will have any advantage over people who havnt played prologue, i carried my driving style from GT3 over into prologue and it worked great. The main thing i learnt with prologue was to control my turning, braking and acceleration, rather than on and off 100% throttle, braking or turning. It helps me clean my laps up more, and you can learn to do this in GT3.
 
Supraman9
Im in the us and i was owndering where could i possibly get a copy of gt4 prolouge.

www.playasia.com

Then you need to look for something called Swap Magic Discs v3 with a flip-top or slide card. modchip.com sells them.
 
GT-One Lover
...i think the only advantage the people willhave is that they know the tracks(NY,Fuji,Aria and canyon)and that the other people who had no GT4 Prologue will have to learn these five tracks in GT4......there´s the different(more realistic) physic in Prologue,too which is NEARLY the same as in the final game....and of course people who can buy Prologue can ENJOY the latest GRAPHIC ENGINE (Awesome graphic-->cras,environment!!:))which also is NEARLY the same as in GT4!!!......but this all things aren´t soooOOO many advantages it´s just a "TIME-KILL-GAME"...........

:sly: :crazy: W-R-O-N-G!!! Not all of it, but quite a bit (hey, that rhymed!!!). According to many in the know, GT4 has become a "new game", not new as in COMPLETELY different, but as in the fact that things have improved so much. Graphics-wise, the difference is very noticable,...the current build of GT4 is currently perhaps the best overall-looking racer out there (AND the game hasn't even hit BETA yet!!!). Physics-wise, the game has become much better since Prologue, edging on the level of some of the most hardcore PC simulators (though it's fair the say that it probably won't have THAT much depth due to obvious reasons, and no, I don't mean because the PS2 couldn't handle it. It probably could). So, overall, GT4 now (circa the latest build) is leagues more advanced that Prologue could even hope the be. Let's face it: GT4: Prologue is OLD NEWS. GT4 now is the newest fresh of fresh. End of story. :crazy: :sly:
 
One thing I hope doesnt happen is that there would be a race for GT cars or Le Mans cars, and someone enters an F1 car, I hope that wont be allowed, like it was in GT3. And some may disagree with me but it would be cool if there were Hybrid only races, just a thought :sly: 👍
 
Back