GT4 Competition. . . ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WykidOne
  • 24 comments
  • 1,058 views
Messages
25
Anyone in or around Memphis, Tn that would like to get together and show what they got? I feel like I'm "GTKing" here in Memphis. Everyone that I've played against, gets takin down. I'm down for some two player battle. If you think you're man or woman enough.


-Jeramy
 
I'm in the prosses in doing that right now, but there isn't any better than a "two player battle". I'm sure you kinow what I'm talking about if you are a "GT Fan"?


-Jeramy
 
WykidOne
I'm in the prosses in doing that right now, but there isn't any better than a "two player battle". I'm sure you kinow what I'm talking about if you are a "GT Fan"?


-Jeramy

Now, the only reason why I think you wanna have a 2 player battle and not join the WRS is because you'd like to have a "personal head to head" match with the opponent, which leads us to "contact"...if you are a GT fan, you'd understand that contact or cheating is not the way to do it in GT4, unless you only wanna have fun and you're not racing seriously to see who's the best. :sly:

Advice: Try to get the replays of your best times from your PS2 to the PC and see who the MAN really is, because like I said above..the thing with personal meetings is that you may not end-up winning "cleanly" and it may not be your fault at all.


Ciao....
 
WykidOne
I'm in the prosses in doing that right now, but there isn't any better than a "two player battle". I'm sure you kinow what I'm talking about if you are a "GT Fan"?


-Jeramy


Actually there is....

6 Player LAN game! :)
 
You know, I was actually thinking of the same thing a while ago...since I see that Famine and other british members of GTP are gathering for "UKGTP" and I also saw a member from australia make a thread similar to this one, so I was thinking...wouldn't it be great to make regional competitions among GTP members and get finalists to compete at the "GTP World Championship"? I'm not sure if there is a thread mentioning this already but it is a good Idea...for example me: I live in NY, so what would I do is to gather all players from the east coast of the US in a state like mm...Atlanta or Virginia to compete and make it fair for everyone to travel, then we can make another one for the US central and the Pacific coast too, but the downside of this is that some of us don't have the budget to do this and the time enough to travel out of a country or state.
I'm sure that there are exceptional racers in this web-site like demostrated on the WRS replays...but it would be great to meet eachother and share something beautiful like racing through a 6 player LAN :trouble:.
Great tunners like Duck or Scaff face to face, or speed freaks like Dark Elite and Team666 really getting it going at the Test Course, and get the best of the best ;) (I'd do it)

If we were to take this seriously, I'm sure Jordan, Admins and Mods would be interested in such event...but it is such a crazy idea that I just left it as "It would be nice if..." :guilty:



Ciao....
 
While joining the WRS is fun & great and allows for constant improvement (IMHO that is), I can see where WykidOne is going with this post...I think...and that is to not only 'race' other GTP members, but to also 'meet' other racers and have some actual 'face to face' encounters as opposed to only communicating via 'forum posts' here on GTPlanet.

Of course I've been wrong before and am not ruling it out again now! :-)
 
SimRaceDriver - Could you shrink that signature a little, please? It's 13 lines long, at my count, at the GTP "guideline" (by which I mean "rule") is SIX lines (with lines of text over the forum standard size counting as two lines).
 
Famine
SimRaceDriver - Could you shrink that signature a little, please? It's 13 lines long, at my count, at the GTP "guideline" (by which I mean "rule") is SIX lines (with lines of text over the forum standard size counting as two lines).

Ok..Done..how's that?
 
WykidOne
there isn't any better than a "two player battle". I'm sure you kinow what I'm talking about if you are a "GT Fan"?

I know what you mean, I am by no means 'up there' with the likes of most of the people here at GTP, so I wouldn't even think about trying my skills in the competitions on here, however I am up to take anyone on realtime in 2-player mode, or even LAN mode. I am a clean driver, and I don't really mind being beaten (sure it's frustrating, but thats racing), and I enjoy the realtime feedback and advice you can get from a better driver if they are sitting right there next to you. There is also the verbal interaction (eg, "seeeeeyaaaaa" when you fly past them like they are going backward after they have stuffed a corner)

just my $0.02
 
SimRaceDriver
While joining the WRS is fun & great and allows for constant improvement (IMHO that is), I can see where WykidOne is going with this post...I think...and that is to not only 'race' other GTP members, but to also 'meet' other racers and have some actual 'face to face' encounters as opposed to only communicating via 'forum posts' here on GTPlanet.

Of course I've been wrong before and am not ruling it out again now! :-)

That's what I'm saying, I don't cheat, meaning "contact". I mean, anyone can post times. . .how do we know it's true? I have a way of getting video to the pc, but how would you get a save to your pc? What will you be able to do with it? I'm starting to see that most of you all are from over seas. That sucks!


-Jeramy
 
I'm going to answer your points in reverse order...

WykidOne
I'm starting to see that most of you all are from over seas. That sucks!

Most people here are actually from the US.

WykidOne
how would you get a save to your pc? What will you be able to do with it?

You can use an XPort/Sharkport or MaxDrive device. They are USB devices - the ports link to your PC, the MaxDrive is a USB pen drive - so plug straight into the PS2's USB slot.

And of course if you can do it from PS2 to PC, you can do it from PC to PS2 - you upload your replay, someone else downloads it and watches it.


WykidOne
I mean, anyone can post times. . .how do we know it's true?

Post up enough times validated with a replay and you build up a certain reputation for cleanliness and sportsmanship. We have a Replay Supported Racers thread at GTP, showing people who have, can and will supply replay backup of their times. We also have regular events - known as "9 Boards Challenge" events (now mis-named...) - in which ALL the drivers MUST supply replays with their runs... This gives regular competitors a trustworthiness without having to supply replays. To pluck a name out of the air, I'd trust ANY run daan submitted to an OLR to be clean - it takes hundreds of replays to build up this kind of reputations, and only one to completely destroy it.

WykidOne
That's what I'm saying, I don't cheat, meaning "contact".

And what about lawn-mowing/corner-cutting?


As you can probably tell, there's a certain serious edge to all this - people work hard to ensure that results from OLRs can be trusted. They don't like being cheated. It's very easy for someone, such as yourself (though I'm not attaching any negative implications to you), to SAY how good they are, but never back it up.

But we're all easy-going really... :D
 
Well, I'm not here to bash or make fun of or to say that I'm better than you all. So, if I came across that way, I'm sorry. I just want to have fun.

I think my friend has a maxdrive, I'll ask him. On that matter about cheating, I drive in GT as I would in any autocross course I drive on. I autox, drag and drift two cars I have. So, when we talk about cheating, not from me. I also have the DFP wheel and love it. When I get the Maxdrive, does anyone have a replay and specs to the car so I can check it out? Thanks. . .


-Jeramy
 
WykidOne
Well, I'm not here to bash or make fun of or to say that I'm better than you all. So, if I came across that way, I'm sorry. I just want to have fun.

No, you didn't come across like that at all - so there's no need to apologise. I was just clearing everything up for you, so you know what goes on here and how to join in... :D

WykidOne
When I get the Maxdrive, does anyone have a replay and specs to the car so I can check it out? Thanks...

There's lots of replays on daan's site. If you head over to the GT4 Arcade Car database at Gran Turismo Racing Point you'll find a lot of arcade mode car replays available for download as .max files too.
 
Mr.OzzyGT
Great tunners like Duck or Scaff face to face, or speed freaks like Dark Elite and Team666 really getting it going at the Test Course, and get the best of the best ;) (I'd do it)
Ciao....

You forgot about me! im the second fastest person in GT4!:) id still love to go head to head against them
 
opendriver19a
You forgot about me! im the second fastest person in GT4!:) id still love to go head to head against them

:lol: ok ok, (And imagine Opendriver against FormulaGT to find out the fastest racer in history WOW how cool!!!) ;)


Ciao....
 
Yes, I now have a Maxdrive and am ready to check it out. Where can I find some?


-Jeramy
 
I've been there and can't find out how to download anything.


-Jeramy
 
WykidOne
That's what I'm saying, I don't cheat, meaning "contact". I mean, anyone can post times. . .how do we know it's true? I have a way of getting video to the pc, but how would you get a save to your pc? What will you be able to do with it? I'm starting to see that most of you all are from over seas. That sucks!
-Jeramy

Yes. That "really" sucks.

Your mind tells me that all GT players around the world should have moved to an island in pacific ocean - the tiniest one.

Only 1 PS2 and 1 controller. While you wait, claustrophobic, a plane throws needles so you can have a lot of contact with each other.

You will surely want to escape overseas.
 
WykidOne
I've been there and can't find out how to download anything.
You've got to register and sign in. Once you've done that, there is an extra column with license and mission replays you can download.

Remember that replays done on PAL won't work on NTSC and vice versa, so you can only download the ones from your region (NTSC I believe)
 
Sorry about that - it didn't even occur to me, I've been a member there so long!
 
Back