@Nepal, I think you would have been late on your pit. Was supposed to be laps 8,9,10,11 or 12.
Forgot about the pit window!!
@Nepal, I think you would have been late on your pit. Was supposed to be laps 8,9,10,11 or 12.
I was leading! Well, I hadnt pit yet but still I was feeling good, sitting in the lead.![]()
I got shunted by my pit crew yet again. I think it was 'cause I was going too fast into the pits. The game reset me after I was almost to my box and rolled, slowly, up to my box at the speed limit, did my tire change, then the crew just held me for like 5 seconds.
I should've come out right with RT and Outlaw.
Now I'm really thinking there's some BS hidden pit speed penalty in the game that's only half assedly implemented as we have no literature anywhere pointing to this sort of thing.
Actually, I knew of this problem when I ran practice last night.I got shunted by my pit crew yet again. I think it was 'cause I was going too fast into the pits. The game reset me after I was almost to my box and rolled, slowly, up to my box at the speed limit, did my tire change, then the crew just held me for like 5 seconds.
I should've come out right with RT and Outlaw.
Now I'm really thinking there's some BS hidden pit speed penalty in the game that's only half assedly implemented as we have no literature anywhere pointing to this sort of thing.
Problem with that is Mule it might run into my Uni work too much.
I'll think of a time we can reschedule it during next week and if it doesn't suit, we'll move everything one week back.
Right I'm off to a barbeque now, in this lovely British weather
...
@Turbo, thanks man, but it would have been with a lap or 2 to go if I'd kept it clean by the time I caught you guys, so the fight would've been on![]()
Still not used to following in the rain, lol.
I freaking loved it man. It was the only time in GT, besides only a handful of other races, that I've actually felt like I was really racing. I mean, any other time you just point your car in a direction, stay balanced, and go but during this race my arms were just working the wheel like mad. It was too fun. Not being able to see past the spray was also so great. The rain, at least, is really well done in GT (not so much the confetti effect falling out of the sky they call rain)
Felt kind of like an F1 driver xD
Check the video in my sig for inspiration!
I freaking loved it man. It was the only time in GT, besides only a handful of other races, that I've actually felt like I was really racing. I mean, any other time you just point your car in a direction, stay balanced, and go but during this race my arms were just working the wheel like mad. It was too fun. Not being able to see past the spray was also so great. The rain, at least, is really well done in GT (not so much the confetti effect falling out of the sky they call rain)
Felt kind of like an F1 driver xD
Check the video in my sig for inspiration!
I think I may have tagged Nepal when I re-joined too. I'm sorry if I did, but I was trying to stay on the inside of the track, off the racing line.
Both me and Adam were passing each other way too much early on as I guess we both wanted a clear view without the spray, but I felt it was slowing us down so I tucked in behind and tried to follow, then I spun.
This is what I was talking about after last week. Except patience bit you in the 🤬.![]()
lmao!
It was fun, don't get me wrong, but we weren't far ahead of you guys at the time and there were plenty of laps to go. I think the main thing here was the rain and I knew I wasn't comfortable in the spray, so maybe Adam was the same, hence why we both wanted to be out front.
MÜLE_9242;5832043Really really really really super dumb that I'm not allowed to "leave the track" to fix this cars snap oversteer.![]()
MÜLE_9242;5832640I'm going to bring this up again as it got lost in the connection shuffle. I understand you don't want people increasing their horsepower illegally, but I really could have benefited from being able to tweak the ride height a little bit to stabilize the car, as seen from my lap 1 crash and subsequent ragequit.
While I remember, can I just ask people to stay away from the Pit Exit line when someone else is exiting the pits? When I came out of there I narrowly missed jamesybograt as he just zoomed past taking up all of the pit exit.
Welsh_Don, look on either Page 13/14, Adermmm has a post with the Pit Window laps on. It says beginning of lap 12![]()
You mean the plan that everyone else in GT5 uses against me? Yes, I know, I do slow-in fast-out which makes passing me way too easy.I spent pretty much all of my time directly behind Outlaw and just stayed out of his spray down the straights. Was also trying to dodge the horrible drafting effects too. Wasn't too worried about passing, cause I had a plan.![]()
Saw that, that was theoterician(something like that). Probably missed the brakes.
You mean the plan that everyone else in GT5 uses against me? Yes, I know, I do slow-in fast-out which makes passing me way too easy.
Or were you just waiting for me to spin out?
Or were you waiting for the guys behind to catch up so that I could get freight-trained?
Am I in the ballpark yet?![]()
Ah, the old slip, slide, and bump.No outlaw, his plan was to turn his lights off on the last turn so you wouldn't see him. Then he was going to initiate a four wheel drift using you as a gutter for more grip.