GT4: Free gas giveaway

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joe Racer
  • 35 comments
  • 3,052 views
Messages
111
Messages
TORC_Joe_Racer
With the release of GT4 just days away there are some wild and wacky promo’s on the go. There are a few that offer some GT4 branded merchandise, but this one is surely taking the cake so far… free petrol for your car. So if you’re lucky enough to live in the area, go score yourself some free gas.


Playstation2 Celebrates the Launch of the Highly Anticipated Gran Turismo 4 by Giving out Free Gas to Consumers

Tuesday, February 22 - 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Conoco Phillips 76 Station
1402 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA

WHO:

Fortunate Los Angeles drivers, gaming and automotive enthusiasts and Gran Turismo(TM)4 for PlayStation(R)2.

WHAT:

Sony Computer Entertainment America, publisher of the best-selling Gran Turismo racing franchise for PlayStation 2, will celebrate the release of the gaming industry's most highly anticipated title and honor automotive excellence and car culture by offering free gas to consumers. A Gran Turismo Pit Crew will welcome consumers to the special event, filling gas tanks and giving drivers and GT4 fans a chance to play one of the most anticipated titles in videogame history.

VISUALS:

-- Hundreds of cars lined-up waiting for free gas
-- Consumers playing Gran Turismo 4 on racing kiosks
-- The GT4 Pit Crew filling tanks, washing windows

***Interviews and photo ops will be available
***B-roll available upon request

WHEN:

Tuesday, February 22
7:00 AM - 9:00 AM

WHERE:

Conoco Phillips 76 Station
1402 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA


What will top that offer? ;)
 
That's insane! Dam, Sony is going all out for this one...
 
FREE GAS!

WHEN:

Tuesday, February 22
7:00 AM - 9:00 AM

WHERE:

Conoco Phillips 76 Station
1402 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA

even though thats a 2 day drive, i'll be there with a 1 ton modified to act as a fuel truck! :drool: :dopey: i'm getting all the free gas i can get :crazy:

i wish... :indiff:
 
Man I think im going to be sick that day :) so I dont go to work.

Wow thats great, free gas and I get my copy of the game sounds like a plan.

Is anyone else going to miss work or school on the 22nd to play your ass's offffffff!!
 
Dang. With the cost of gas today, it's like getting a free game and not spending a cent on the trip. Of course, I imagine they only give each car a squirt that wouldn't fill a Dixie Cup. There's no way you'll be able to roll in their on fumes and get topped off.
 
I hope it goes alright...........

Gas Station + Free Petrol + Angry Gas Hungry Mob = Potential Chaos! :scared:
 
Yeah. What fascinates me is the "GT4 Pit Crew", whoever they are, who will be washing your car all day... Did they recruit the 'hood or what, to pull off this trick? ;)
 
sony is really awsome
 
I wonder if this method will make the game sell more.
 
Ill make sure my car is nice and dirty for the pit crew.
 
I don't get it, is it Sony who has planned this, a games store or a petrol station?
 
Johnhannibal
I don't get it, is it Sony who has planned this, a games store or a petrol station?
who cares FREE GAS you know what that means here in LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!!!
 
f1king
who cares FREE GAS you know what that means here in LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!!!

No, why should it be different from any other city?

A Gran Turismo Pit Crew will welcome consumers to the special event, filling gas tanks and giving drivers and GT4 fans a chance to play one of the most anticipated titles in videogame history.

But will they be selling the game over there?
 
Johnhannibal
No, why should it be different from any other city?

Well you dont know I guess.
You cant get anywhere in los angeles with out you own car the mass transit here sucks.

Getting anywhere in los angeles take 30 mins any where if you wanna drive a block these days it takes 30 mins if you wanna drive 40 miles away it takes at least 30 mins no matter where you wanna go it takes at least 30 mins.

Gas prices here are higher than any other place in the country.

Anyhow its like free food for a day (breakfast , lunch , and dinner)
 
f1king
Well you dont know I guess.
You cant get anywhere in los angeles with out you own car the mass transit here sucks.

Getting anywhere in los angeles take 30 mins any where if you wanna drive a block these days it takes 30 mins if you wanna drive 40 miles away it takes at least 30 mins no matter where you wanna go it takes at least 30 mins.

Gas prices here are higher than any other place in the country.

That sucks. I'm glad i live in Belgium, I can get everywhere i want in this country within 2 hours of driving. The only thing i hate is the bad weather! I even get paid for beiing unemployed.
 
what really will be funny is when people who DIDNT buy the game see this and pull up expecting free gas and they get turned down and walk away just to buy the game for $50 and then come back lol, but who says they cant return it after? although i dont know anyone stupid enough to do that! :sly:
 
even tho i live in los angeles (a lil past east la), traffic is a pain in the butt esp in the mornings no matter where you go plus im on the other side of los angeles county too... 👎 santa monica is at least an hour drive thanks to everyone not car pooling and rushing to work. might have to camp out at ucla with some friends :crazy: even then, finding parking in westwood is ridiculous 👎 👎 👎
 
Gas prices here are higher than any other place in the country.

Nope, san Diego county consistently has the highest gas prices in the continental US.
I wouldn't complain about the gas though it not as bad as in Europe. For example cheap gas is about 2.20 per gallon in san Diego right now, in London it is way more I think its like 5.00 US $ per gallon (maybe more; any Europeans around?)


But your right, traffic blows in LA, rush hour like 12 hours a day. The only time I'll drive through it is in the middle of the night.
 
I think they should sell the game at the gas station :) They'd probably sell quite a few.
 
Well, in East Sussex (that's the bit in the bottom right hand corner of England) unleaded (regular?) is about 84.9 pence per litre, and diesel is about 82.9 . I'll try and convert those to give you the american prices.
Ok, according to my calculations (I sound like a dork :( ) a gallon of diesel at UK prices will cost "5.944676410 USD" or $5.94 and unleaded is 6.089087763 USD or $6.
 
Theres a Formula One Promotion with something to do with GT4 down here. I already forgot what you win and stuff though, I only saw the add once :(
 
jammyozzy
Well, in East Sussex (that's the bit in the bottom right hand corner of England) unleaded (regular?) is about 84.9 pence per litre, and diesel is about 82.9 . I'll try and convert those to give you the american prices.
Ok, according to my calculations (I sound like a dork :( ) a gallon of diesel at UK prices will cost "5.944676410 USD" or $5.94 and unleaded is 6.089087763 USD or $6.

What? In most places in London it's still around the 7.98 mark give or take a bit.

Ps, any Americans want to send us some free gas go ahead! Just make sure it's in a jiffy bag. ;)
 
doesnt us and europe use 2 different measurements of gallon?
here in sk, canada, its around 82cents canadian per litre. is it 4 litres a gallon? if so, then its aroun 3.28 CAD per gallon. which is around 2.66 american bucks.
 
In Toronto, it varies from 60-80 cents per litre...
 
f1king
Is anyone else going to miss work or school on the 22nd to play your ass's offffffff!!

I wish, but my EB is getting their copies in the afternoon, so I have to go after school... :guilty:
 
Damn I wish I lived over there so I can get some gas in my gas guzzling pickup. 12-17mpg :(
 
VISUALS:

-- Hundreds of cars lined-up waiting for free gas
-- Consumers playing Gran Turismo 4 on racing kiosks
-- The GT4 Pit Crew filling tanks, washing windows

Does the pit crew consist of nice women in tight tops ?! Just kidding:p

-hundreds of cars lined up... , i see that everyday in traffic

He probably won't fill every 1 to the max , i can't imagine that, with the current prices of fuel:s he would (will?) lose a lot of money
 
right on man i totally live an hour away from santa monica!

think ill take http://www.mulhollandraceway.org/ to get there!


driving through decker canyon ill have more tighter turns and elevation changes than citti de aria!

straight up rallye monte carlo style without the snow wooo!
 
Back