GT4 has actual cheat codes

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 11 comments
Yet again showing that GT4 is the best game in the franchise. I'm about to plug back in my PS2 for the first time since COVID lockdown to try these.

I'm guessing it took so long to confirm these because they're only active after 365 game days have passed. Even if the actual button sequence was known most people wouldn't have the patience to wait that long, and they probably got thought of as a "my uncle who works at Sony" kinda thing. :lol:

I remember having somewhere a book with a load of hex codes for GT4 , several memory cards to play around with , I also have in a box somewhere the kit / cables to swap the altered data for the hex codes. Can’t remember how it all worked now but maybe one day I will try it out again for old times sake.

Last edited:
I can report these do work and seems quite fun (I’m glad it’s after 365 days in order to encourage play through).

For anyone curious who haven’t checked, the golding a specific event does indeed work for a championship although it’s a bit more tedious.

Apply the cheat then select enter series where it would be the start of the whole championship, abandon the championship and you will receive the championship prize car. However you will then have to individually apply the cheat on each individual race in order to get the game % to go up.

Mind you I got up to 96% normally so I didn’t mind as much applying the cheat - it gives me a great excuse to have another save and play through career mode again.

Last edited:
Thanks Nenkai

Cheat Codes​

Nearly 20 years after the game's release, several previously undiscovered cheat codes have been found for Gran Turismo 4! These codes are usable only after 365 game days have passed.

• 10,000,000 Credits (GT Mode Screen): Select, Left, Right, Right, Down, Up, Up, Left, Down, Up, Right, Left, Down, L1, R1, Select
  • Pass any license (License Selection Screen): Select, R1, Select, R1, Select, L2, L2, R2, R2, L1, Select, L1, Select
  • Gold any specific license test (License Test Selection Screen): Select, Select, R1, R2, L2, L2, Select, L1, R1, Select, R2, L1, Select
  • Gold any event (Event Course Selection Screen): Select, L1, Up, Up, Select, R1, Down, Down, Select, L2, Select, R2, Select

There is an extra code usable in the Mission Hall, which also adds 10,000,000 Credits. It is presumably implemented incorrectly and should instead allow completing any mission. The code is Select, R2, Select, R2, L1, L2, L2, Select, L1, R1, Select, R1, Select.

Nice! I think I'll take a crack at finishing it all the normal way first, there is SO much to do. With a couple of better screens and my trusty Logitech wheel it should be a fun ride!

If someone ends up making a mod that corrects the Mission Hall cheat code, it would spell certain doom for Mission 34.

Latest Posts

Back