GT PSP in-game cheat codes found - all cars and maximum money

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 33 comments
After having a bit of a dig into it, it turns out that Gran Turismo on PSP also has button cheat codes, like GT4 does.

Both are entered on the main menu (the menu with Single Player, Ad Hoc, Car Dealerships, etc.), and if entered correctly there will be a chime and the menu will reload.

All cars unlocked
Hold Start + Select + R and enter:
Up
Right
Left
Left
Square
Up
Right
Right
Up
Triangle
Right
Up

99,000,000Cr
Hold Start + Select + L and enter:
Down
Square
Down
Left
Right
Triangle
Right
Square
Up
Down
Up
Down

I've only tested them on the European release so far, but they most likely will work on all versions.

I'm surprised this hasn't been bigger news. I saw an article about it on another website but never would've known otherwise even though i come here all the time.

What I think could be a fun way to play is use the 99 million cheat and just buy cars as they show up on the dealership. That way you'd still have a reason to play

But this is great because I put SO MUCH time into this game on my psp 1000 and had almost every car. Then that psp broke and I couldn't believe that the game saves don't work across PSP systems. Put a lot of time on my psp 3000 only for that to break and I now have a 2000 and a vita with fresh saves because of that idiotic feature of the save files in this game

The cheat codes alleviate that problem big time

I'm surprised this hasn't been bigger news. I saw an article about it on another website but never would've known otherwise even though i come here all the time.
I think the news here is mainly just Forza and GT7 nowadays, not so much the older games. I did see it posted in a couple of other places though, which was cool.

What I think could be a fun way to play is use the 99 million cheat and just buy cars as they show up on the dealership. That way you'd still have a reason to play

But this is great because I put SO MUCH time into this game on my psp 1000 and had almost every car. Then that psp broke and I couldn't believe that the game saves don't work across PSP systems. Put a lot of time on my psp 3000 only for that to break and I now have a 2000 and a vita with fresh saves because of that idiotic feature of the save files in this game

The cheat codes alleviate that problem big time
I did the money code too. It was awkward using my nose to press the face buttons on my Vita, but it worked.

I only have a handful of cars left, mainly the Prototypes and higher performance Rally Cars.

Yeah, those codes are a pain to enter and the PSP having the start and select buttons sitting flush with the system really doesn't help matters. They undoubtedly made it hard to enter so people would be less likely to do it.

These cheats have to be fake because no cw cheats work for the game when you play on the ppsspp emulator there is a hack you can do on a real psp that brings up a cheat menu where you can unlock all cars and give yourself max money these cheats are likely for that I'm sorry I'm a little skeptical fake cheats are put out all the time and these sound to good to be true I will test these cheats on the psp emulator and if they don't work I'll be back to call out this person putting out fake cheats

Last edited:
They're not fake, they're cheat codes programmed into the game that can be entered by a button combination. In-game cheats like this and CWcheats are 2 different things.

Edit: I see you edited your post. I understand your concern because I have seen my share of fake cheats as well, but these aren't fake. (I tested them myself)

Last edited:
These cheats have to be fake because no cw cheats work for the game when you play on the ppsspp emulator there is a hack you can do on a real psp that brings up a cheat menu where you can unlock all cars and give yourself max money these cheats are likely for that I'm sorry I'm a little skeptical fake cheats are put out all the time and these sound to good to be true I will test these cheats on the psp emulator and if they don't work I'll be back to call out this person putting out fake cheats
I assume you'll be back with an apology, complete with punctuation, if they do work?

I have confirmed that both also work on the NTSC-U version as well and lord knows I wish I had known about it back in 2011. :P
Your comment confirms it is fake why else would you put an emoji face with it's tongue sticking out

They're not fake, they're cheat codes programmed into the game that can be entered by a button combination. In-game cheats like this and CWcheats are 2 different things.

Edit: I see you edited your post. I understand your concern because I have seen my share of fake cheats as well, but these aren't fake. (I tested them myself)
Ok but do they work for the ppsspp emulator have you tested it on there

I assume you'll be back with an apology, complete with punctuation, if they do work?
Why do you care about spelling

Why do you care about spelling
Who mentioned spelling?

• You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Why does GTPlanet have unusual rules?​

GTPlanet’s Acceptable Use Policy applies across all areas of the website and is somewhat unusual on the Internet due to its request for “decent grammar” and the prohibition of “txtspk”.

Such rules are often met with confusion and contempt by some new users. However, GTPlanet is not just another disposable “video game forum” – it is a community and a home for thousands of like-minded people which has thrived since 2001. These rules have always been in place and remind everyone to put a little more thought into what they’re contributing to the community. In turn, this creates a more pleasant and attractive place for everyone.

I confirm they don't work on ppsspp emulator

You mentioned spelling asking if I'd be back with an apology if the codes worked but I confirm they do not so the apology would be sorry they don't work

Your comment confirms it is fake why else would you put an emoji face with it's tongue sticking out
No, it doesn't. That's quite a stretch to assume it is over an emoji. It was nothing more than my reaction to wishing I knew about it sooner.
No, but if my copy works on my PSP, then theirs no reason it wouldn't work when running that same copy on there.
I confirm they don't work on ppsspp emulator
You might've entered it wrong, which is easy to do, or you may potentially have a slightly different copy than ours that may have omitted them.

Last edited:
That's what I ment I don't care about facebook that's why my punctuation and spelling might be off
What does Facebook have to do with your lack of punctuation? We are not Facebook. We require you to use punctuation.

And anyway, the codes do work.

DSC_0891.JPG

Yes, that's where I tested it initially, as a gamepad makes it a bit easier to put the codes in, holding the three buttons with one hand and tapping the button sequence with the other. It's still awkward keeping them held throughout, but easier than on a real console.

Very cool, I have not been able to get my genuine PSP save from years ago to work with PPSSPP but I will try this later great work Pez2k. Does GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT Concept have something similar?

Does GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT Concept have something similar?

No idea, GT4 was the first game to use this scripting language, so it's nowhere near as easy to find things like this in the older games.

I wonder if these codes work on GT4 aswell, probably not.

They don't - GT4 has its own cheat / debug codes that Nenkai found a while ago. I more or less just used the same tools and methods that he came up with to inspect the game scripts.

No idea, GT4 was the first game to use this scripting language, so it's nowhere near as easy to find things like this in the older games.

They don't - GT4 has its own cheat / debug codes that Nenkai found a while ago. I more or less just used the same tools and methods that he came up with to inspect the game scripts.
Not work bro

I've found that the easiest way to enter these cheats in a normal PSP is to hold it upside down on your left hand, then use your left index and middle fingers to hold down start + select (kind of like guitar strings), and press L against something or use a rubberband, and use your free right hand to input the code. It's a bit tricky to input stuff upside down but you don't have to go super fast which helps.

The credits cheat has seriously changed the game for me. Before i would do drift trial for hours on Tahiti Maze to grind credits (and i've become stupidly good at it too), and rarely ever do any other events. Now that i don't have to worry about credits it's way more fun.

Glad to say this works on Steam Deck running game via PPSSPP. Had given up on GTPSP after finding I couldn't transfer my save to my Vita after upgrading to that and losing far too many hours of saved progress. That was always a dumb decision from PD.

Latest Posts

Back