gt4hdr6.jpg

gt4hdr11.jpg

gt4hdr10.jpg

gt4hdr12.jpg

gt4hdr13.jpg

gt4hdr14.jpg

Last edited:
This will be a never ending gallery.

For those who don't know, HDR stands for high dynamic range. 5 pictures are taken of different exposures which when combined in a program allow us to see all the bright and dark areas with out much overexposure, be it light or dark.

Expect to see a lot more soon!!!

Looking good, man. As MinoltaMan89 already said, some shots look good, but some are kind of odd. Nonetheless, keep up the good work! 👍

That's true. Better make a new post for your new shots than editing the first post. This way it's easier for visitors to see which shots you've uploaded and they can comment much easier. Thanks! 👍 The BMW and the RUF are my favourites, though. You've got a lot of potential, so keep this up! :)

I feel these could be alot better, I like the idea but the not-so-good graphics of the game takes away from these pictures. I know it would take hours but if you cleaned up each image before "HDR-ing"(?) them they could look alot better.

I feel these could be alot better, I like the idea but the not-so-good graphics of the game takes away from these pictures. I know it would take hours but if you cleaned up each image before "HDR-ing"(?) them they could look alot better.

Yes i am now trying to take the photo's in just the right lighting with no reflection. Like you said the graphics arent that great in this game. Expect to see some better ones soon!:)

Are you taking these pictures in high quality (in game setting)? Some look a little pixelated.

Are you taking these pictures in high quality (in game setting)? Some look a little pixelated.

That's because he is trying to get HDR photos from original images that don't have the range to produce high quality images. GT4's graphics don't use HDR so when something is pure black it is just that. Brightening it will reveal nothing but strangely coloured pixels. HDR just can't work in this game!

If you just use the same picture five times with varying brightnesses, HDR is certainly not possible, at least technically. But I'm pretty sure by using different exposures, GT4 does show more detail in the shadows and highlights than in a standard photo.

You will get a bit more detail sometimes, yes, but it's not like real life where a dark area is just an area that hasn't got as much light in it. If you want to take a photo of a dark area in real life you just expose the shot for longer, but if you want to do it in GT4 if the data isn't there it can't be done!

The second one is the best out of these three, in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of the first one, because the textures are 👎 But that's not your fault, it's GT4. And the third one is a little bit weird, because of the brighter underground around the car. Nonetheless, keep it up! :)

Back