GT4 Licenses Gold Medal Guide

DUDE you totally earn all the respect in the world for doing this. To start off im glad you sugested switching to manuel. I can now drive better because of it. I can also understand how to gold out all of the licenses! DUDE U ROCK!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Of course i could not read the whole thing, but i read some of it and i was astonished by what i read. :eek: I tried to give him rep but it said "You cannot give rep to the same post twice" I think i must've already looked at this and gave him rep. :indiff:

hey, i couldn't find the kind of thread i should be in but its do with the liscences anyway lol. um.. i noticed thers cheat codes for various apparent "cheats".. like all gold liscences etc. ... where do u put them in? how do u put them in? and do they actually work ?? :S. ive seen them for all GT game but thought nothing of them. jst wondering if any1 could help me out...thanks!

I dont know why you would want to enter a cheat code to get your licences, what you should be doing is spending time and earning them like the rest of us lol. Im not slagging you off or anything its just a little observation.

Now that i have read that im on a mission to get all 80 licences in gold. Dude you really are the missing link that a forum needs, nice one mate!

This guide is great. The whole forum is great. I find so much information not only for the licences but also for example on how to get 200 points out of a race (without using the RAM).
Thanks to all contributing here, especially to The Missing Link.

Great guide, cheers!👍
I'm currently at 98.4% complete with 3 missions to go.
I'm pretty sure I've done all the challenges but I'm worried I've missed something.:dunce:
With regard to the licences I've got all silver and about 16 golds.
Do the licences affect the game completion percentage?

Great guide, cheers!👍
I'm currently at 98.4% complete with 3 missions to go.
I'm pretty sure I've done all the challenges but I'm worried I've missed something.:dunce:
With regard to the licences I've got all silver and about 16 golds.
Do the licences affect the game completion percentage?

no

Is there a way to convert the numbers here from mph to km/h automatically? Possibly in Excel or Word? I hate having to go through each and every number doing it myself.

You could use this:
http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/converter.htm

Though, if I may offer my personal opinion, I wouldn't bother with it. You're better off watching the road than your speedometer.

Thanks for the link, alhajoth. But I was looking for some sort of extension on MS Word/Excel, where I could do like a mass fill-in, all at once, for converting all numbers to km's.

You are certainly right about watching the road. However, as a Canadian, I am used to km. I am not that good so the speedometer does give good info on entry speed, when entering a corne so that I can get used to the driving style required to get gold standard time.

Dang, thats a lot of words in the guide. I'm only reading the ones I need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the help of this thread I'm only missing one more gold. It's not the ring, it's S10 - Grand Canyon that is missing.

Hello: Its been a while since I've last posted. Got my last 5 golds last week to finish the eighty. Haven't been around lately as my daughter & new grandson had been using my racing cockpit as a nursing station as well as the tv I use for GT. Well he is weaned & I got back in the driver's seat. warmed up with some GT1 then went back to finish up what I started by ending with the Grand Canyon circuit. The OP thread was invaluable as a tool in achieving the goals. Wish Global warming & renewable energy problem were undertaken with as much depth,zeal, & real passion to succeed. Right now Iam trying to figure out how to Get the cup on the 15 race grand prix car tournament with out ticking off my wife by staying up all night or having to ice down my swollen hands. This post is long enough. Talk to you all later.

Hey guys umm. I know that you can transfer licenses from GT3 to GT4 but what if I have a game on one memory card with all my licenses (in GT4) and I want to start a fresh game but don't wanna go through all the hassle? If there's a way to go that I'd love to know.

Thanks
Sam

Wow man you are a ledgend because i am having trouble with a few of the IA tests and this has helped. way to go..

Hey guys umm. I know that you can transfer licenses from GT3 to GT4 but what if I have a game on one memory card with all my licenses (in GT4) and I want to start a fresh game but don't wanna go through all the hassle? If there's a way to go that I'd love to know.

Thanks
Sam

I dont think there is i was looking for a way as well but couldn't find one.👎 btw its not from GT3 -GT4 its from the Gt4 Prologue to GT4, its the money you can transfer from gt3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the guide missing link,if it wasn't for this guide I never would have bronzed my international B liciense, finally. i just started International A license and already bronzed 8 of them! :nervous:

I feel compelled to drag up this wonderful chestnut.

For Christmas Day 2021 I did an Aspec win of the 1000mi/Nurburgring in a 1970 Mitsubishi Colt Galant.

Immediately after, I did do somewhat better on IA-15 (IA15), the pace car lap at Nurburgring.

Actually I found this thread while trying to search to see if anyone had determined the tires the pace car uses.

Back in 2008 I found IA-15 easyish to gold, although I recall I could not do it consistently nor get very much below the required time. (In general, I am not a "gold-capable" player). (Records show I managed 9:00.375)

Currently I can occasionally get about 5 seconds over gold. A cramped playing setup probably isn't helping.

But anyway, I made some general observations about IA-15.
  • if you use the same Mercedes in Arcade Mode, you need to add about 20hp to get the same feel; without that, you demonstrably cannot achieve the same speeds
  • that demonstrates that you are constantly benefiting from the draft in IA-15
  • so, consciously get behind the pace car, not so much to follow its line, but to consciously pick up the draft
  • in contrast, at a few places where you tend to rear-end the pace car while braking, consciously move out of the draft before braking, even if it takes you off-line (e.g. entering the Karussell); if you try to brake while in the draft, your braking distance is increased and you tend to rear-end and FAIL
  • you can actually get away with bumping the rear-end of the pace car, but it seems it must be accelerating or you will FAIL (sometimes you can even manage doorhandle-to-doorhandle, but if your nose goes ahead you FAIL) (e.g. you can let yourself rear-end the pace car at the end of the "finishing straight")

(I now have since moderated my 20hp assertion. It seems because I did an Easy (-7) race instead of a time-trial, heavy rubber-banding got applied to my car when I got ahead; the lack of draft is noticeably in time trial, but not to such a great extent)
BTW I finally did get the gold on January 3, 2022.

Last edited:
DELETED

Actually, I intended to do this to the previous post, but struggling with the editor I deleted this one instead. I have since recovered. Not all richtext editors seem to cause such an extreme performance penalty in situations not anticipated by the richtext software.

(Turns out, though, that the [] option essentially selects a "dumb" entry mode which allows BB code, and removes the pitfalls of the richtext software; it was not obvious to me that that selection would do that).

Last edited:
I'm surprised considering how in-depth I've seen people go in this forum about GT4 topics the lack of info in this pinned post about something basic, especially after the recent growth in popularity of speedruns and challenge runs that put back some attention in the old popular games.
Kinda hypocrite of me to ask someone to do the job that I could do myself (to some extent) investing a bit of time especially bc it's me who is drawing attention to this, but anyway I came looking for something that I didn't find and obviously I'm not an expert on the subject (that's why I was looking for some info), therefore I'm gonna add a list of things I consider are missing if we consider this the go-to bible by today's standards (there aren't many other places to go besides the fandom, but it's also lacking info):

- Differences between versions PAL, NTSC, etc. This causes some confusion there are posts on this thread that are evidence. Some cars change (at least prize cars), and names of the cars also differ from version to version (I think some examples are the Infiniti G35 called Skyline Coupe 350GT or Hyundai Coupe/Tiburón), but more important, I think some of the times are different and therefore harder to get depending on the version you play.

- A general revision. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of "new" tested-and-known ways to ease getting golds or improve times in the licenses since 2005. You can see that at some points the guide is written by someone who just got the golds for 1st time (props to them! but may be time for an update, no offenses :)).

- Videos showcasing examples for the tests.

- Times.

Back