GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Hall of Idiocy *Updated* Week 7

• Thread starter dori-san
  • 47 comments
GrahamTurismo
pmchoi6hb.jpg

This thread is dedicated to all the geniuses that didn't read/follow the competition rules.

Week 1
  • Theme: Free Theme
  • No dunces this week as the theme was an unrestricted one and the rules were getting the initial kinks worked out. Congrats to everyone for not screwing up! :P:tup:
Week 2
  • Theme: Orange Car

coolchu001
    Coolchu001 later redeemed himself by editing his post and submitting a correct picture.

bossman88
    Bossman88 submits a red car in an orange car competition, perhaps he's just colorblind?

delobbo
    FINAL ENTRY

Delobbo posts a really cool picture, unfortuately it doesn't fit with the weeks theme. Should have saved this one for week 4.

Week 3

Week 4
  • Theme: Muscle Cars

juice
    Final Entry

the showdown

juice
    ill use this one then

FINAL ENTRY

Juice had two good pictures, unfortunately the rules state that only one final entry is allowed. Having not editing his first post to at least remove the "Final Entry" notation, he was disqualified from the competition. Just a bit of misfortune for him this week. Too bad too, cause I had actually picked both for the top 20, until I realized they were from the same member.

Alfetta
    Sorry.... forgot the link!

Somebody forgot to practice reading comprehension before posting their Final Entry.

Week 5
  • Theme: The Nürburgring-Nordschleife

Rustye
    Final entry
    (note, pic is taken off tv with digital camera, haven't quite figured out how to get photos out of PS2 yet..)

talk about a handfull, no traction control, full downforce, sub six minute lap...
    Rustye posted a picture of his TV screen for this weeks competition, and while the rules do not technically state that you MUST have a Photomode picture... it's pretty much a given. I brought this up, and he retorted; attempting to insult my Mission 34 attempt. Pfft...

Riplox
    Final post on page 7.
    While he edited this post later that day, he originally posted 4 or 5 non-Ring related pictures. He redeemed himself later by actually getting a legit final entry, however, his noobiness showed through when he stated that his entry was on page 7. Not knowing that you can change the number of posts displayed per page is what he missed, as it showed up on page 4 for me... and I've got it set to the forum default. Some users may have it set to where his original post AND his final entry are both on the first page!

EvolutionFan
    FINAL ENTRY
    EvolutionFan
    sorry i forgot the photo
    EvolutionFan
    After TRIPLE posting, EvolutionFan still manages to mess up by posting an attachment rather than hosting through Imageshack. Looks like someone needs a lesson in 'using the edit button!'

pillaka
    Pillaka manages to get the theme for the week, but STILL uses his own hosting for the pictures. Not following the rules twice earns him a close runner up spot for the coveted SuperDunce Award, but Bossman88 hangs on to his title.

benmullard
    Benmullard posted a Tommy Kaira ZZ-II two posts later, saving himself some embarrassment.

thomasw
    Final entry

Thomasw succeeds in not reading the theme of the week. Way to go! :dunce:👍

Slick6
    This Week's Competition is Over!
    Please give me some time to get things sorted out here, I've had a hectic day. :indiff:
    jdkay20
    FINAL ENTRY

Audi Ad @ Nürburgring
    By: jdkay20
    ChristmasGTO
    FINAL ENTRY

Jdkay20 and ChristmasGTO get their final entries posted up, within the theme and rules, but 1 hour and 3 hours late (respectively). Aparently Jordan needs to allow even BIGGER text because Slick6's post went unnoticed by these two members, and he used the biggest text the forum allows!

Week 6
  • Theme: JGTC cars at Suzuka
  • Everyone give yourself a pat on the back! Nobody messed up this week. However, there was a total of only 61 entries this week—less than the two previous weeks. I think the lack of entries was a major helping factor in having no mess-ups. Perhaps after all the week 5 descrepancies over the top 20, a lot of people were dissuaded to participate.

Week 7
  • Theme: Travel any exotic location with any small car(s)
  • The most interpretive theme to date, there was lots of speculation on what was fair game for posting. However Franz made it clear that he wanted the photos to be in a relaxing environment; cruising (no speeding), and non-modern settings were the intent of the theme. A good few people managed to screw up this week. (hooray, things are back to normal!)

Mango.
    FINAL ENTRY
    boost654
    Hmm, these look a bit different on the pooter.

Final Entry
    Ahh, Vegas! Drugs, alcohol, gambling, and hookers... not exactly the most relaxing environment, ya think?

del sol man
    Final Entry
    http://img135.exs.cx/img135/4838/500l6ok.jpg

sorry couldn't find out how to post thumbnail:dunce:
    Imageshack, good job! No thumbnail, bad job! And BTW, that picture is SOO relaxing and SOOO not modern. :rolleyes:

eddyKOR
    Final Entry
    my.php
    [/url][/IMG]
    This guy photoshops the heck out of his pictures, thinks he can submit 3 shots as 1 as long as they are together, and just in case someone here didn't know we were playing GT4 he felt like adding it 2 more times on his entry. He also manages to get his IMG tags all screwed up. Bravo, I say... bravo!

THE-STIG
    FINAL ENTRY

I don't know about you guys, but those wheels look like they were *ahem* 'digitally enalrged.' Oh and don't forget, having a relaxing setting means zooming in too close so that the car dominates the frame... that way it doesn't matter much that your parked outside the Beacon Hill Apartments because your bling is blinding everyone.

Mr Sheen
    TVR V8S

FINAL ENTRY:

eba00496204f00000008.jpg

eba00496204f00000009.jpg
    Well, first off... Charlie (or is it Martin?) decided not to use Imageshack. Then we realize that he's speeding and spitting flames, unfortunately there's nothing relaxing about that.

webber555
    FINAL ENTRY:

This is my first posted pic, so be kind...

And one that was close to being my pick... I guess i'm just a sucker for autumn leaves.

Again, we're trying NOT to accentuate speed this week!

bon_air21
    suzq044
    :( i dont own any small cars .. lol
    small cars are gay

very gay
    While he didn't post any pictures, it's certainly laugh worthy that after only one day and 11 posts this guy was already banned. Everyone get a good chuckle in at his expense!

Vicious VP
    Better late then never!

• • • FINAL ENTRY • • •

Next time I not wait till the next to the last day to find the thread! Sheesh!
    While he IS a newcomer to the competition and he had a great shot, I don't feel any remorse for busting his balls about not following the rules of using Imageshack. He is, after all, at professional in this field (and currently making everyone jealous in the mag cover comps and photomode ad threads). So I gotta rag him about this. Take that, Mr. Perfect!

//. /. '/

4th and FINAL ENTRY

Mr. Symbol Man thinks he can submit 4 entries and get away with it. And he actually did, he made the top 20!!! Personally I think he should have been disqualified, although Slick and Franz decided that the one with Final Entry over it would be the one considered, I think that since he had all his numbers in red he was intending for all of them to be considered. He later confirmed this suspicion by stating that he did want all of them to be considered. HELLO?! Anyone? Against the rules? I think so!

Week 8
  • Theme: DTM Battle on Apricot Hill Raceway
  • My GOD! It's happened again! Nobody managed to screw up, amazing. Congratulations everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: This thread is purely for fun. If you are featured here, don't get all butt-hurt and start whining or flaming. Just laugh it off and read the competition rules next time. You could have easily saved yourself the embarrassment by doing that in the first place. Cheers!

I hope all the people in my magazine competition are smart enough to follow the rules, but I don't think I will have a problem.

wow, this will encourage people to not follow the rules. it is funny though.

This thread would have been funnier if it was a poll where you had to vote for the best idiocy :)

But I guess it saves them from a bit more embarrassment :yuck:

Image Shack has thumbnails, it makes the thread load quicker and makes the pages alot easier to look at.

Blake

Ya if you don't like the rules, no one is forcing to compete are they?

Blake
Image Shack has thumbnails, it makes the thread load quicker and makes the pages alot easier to look at.

Blake

as long as theres thumbnails, then whats the problem? besides, if we already have webspace, then why should we sign up for more that'll only be used 4 times a month?

The great thing about ImageShack is you don't have to sign up. You go there, select the source of your picture, upload it, copy and paste the code into your post. That's it. And you only have to do it 4 times a month. ;)

Back