GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 23

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 214 comments

Slick6

Premium
United States
United States
Welcome to the 23rd Week of the GT4 PhotoMode Competition.
233wn.jpg

Please read all rules. Inability to follow rules will result in disqualification from the competition.

rulesnew8nf.jpg

• Do not use anyone else’s work. Only use your own.
  • Do not use an entry from a previous competition.
  • We are using a system in which the winner of a previous competition that chose the theme for this week, will also at the end of the week skim through and select their top 20 entries to be placed on the poll.
  • Photoshop can be used to crop, rotate, resize, adjust brightness and contrast, and for adding text. Changing color curves or manipulating is prohibited.
  • Post your final entry in RED letters. Such as “FINAL ENTRY”
    [*]Only one entry may be submitted, and it must be uploaded using Imageshack and have the thumbnail picture.
    [*]http://imageshack.us/
  • Please Submit your Final Entry and no more than 2 Honorable Mentions.
  • You will not ask others to choose your Final Entry.
  • A preview image may be used, but it may be no bigger than 300*400 pixels by either photo orientation. If one is used then no honorable mentions may be posted along with the entry. If no preview image is used then the regular honorable mention rules apply.

deadlinenew4yz.jpg

• The competitions will run in much the same manner as the other artistic competitions. The approximate deadline is:
    August 6th.

themenew8wv.jpg

• This week’s competition will be restricted to "Exhaust Pipe(s)" as chosen by 440Charger as directed by week 21 winner franz.

• Further explanation of theme:
  • Must be in vertical photo orientation.
    [*]Cars: Any car(s) except race cars
    [*]Track: Any location
    [*]Entry should make an appearance of exhaust pipe(s)
    [*]Sharp on car, blurry on background
    [*]Quality must be a main point in the photo.

Disqualified list:
None

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Any questions, please PM me, IM me, or E-mail me at kobyw989@gmail.com

Hmm... I've got a great picture for this, I think, but it's not a vertical... If I changed the dimensions in Photoshop so it's vertically taller, would that be allowed?

PunkRock
Hmm... I've got a great picture for this, I think, but it's not a vertical... If I changed the dimensions in Photoshop so it's vertically taller, would that be allowed?
You could rotate it like this one I used a while ago. It was a vertical but I made it horizontal.

I guess you post it up and I'll decide. ;)

Interesting theme. It's certainly something different than usual. 👍

Slick6
You could rotate it like this one I used a while ago. It was a vertical but I made it horizontal.

I guess you post it up and I'll decide. ;)

sorry Slick I don't see what that has to do with "exhaust pipe(s)" :) do you have to be warned? LOL

No, I was showing PunkRock that he could rotate his image like that to make it work with the vertical orientation rule. ;)

Very restricted theme this week, it's going to be rather interesting.

I have a question, do we have to ZOOM on the pipes? or the pic only has to include a view of the pipes?

Nah, you don't have to zoom in if you don't want to. But they should be farily visible! I was kind of hoping this would bring out the artistic talent in all of us and we would see some very stylish shots! I hope it's a good idea. And yes, it is different, but it's something that hasnt really been done before sooo... We shall see!

where the hell is the ehxaust on a mercedes slr-McLaren? i cant seem to find it :dunce: lol

nevermind, found it, its right under the side-scoop flange-things.. :ouch: lol

The rules allow to crop a picture, so technically, the orientation of the original picture has no actual meaning as long as your entry is vertical, unless I'm mistaken.

If my interpretation of the rules is correct, this is my Final Entry. If not, well, I'll just change it to something else.

I would just like to say something about my criteria for picking my top 20:
QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY!

That's what I am looking for. Quality being, overall cleanliness of the image, color, contrast, etc... It does say that I like a Crisp subject and a blurry background in the theme, but Slick, if you could add in a couple QUALITIES, that would be good too!:)

I don't want to start a discussion about it, I just want you guys to know!👍

:indiff: Not really, one lap around Tokyo and I got that one shot. :lol: I'll try to get something better.

not bad actually, i took a few of those myself. but, they never stood out as anything special.

looks like it has the same gold rims as my black elise though :D

Back