GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 5 Poll

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 83 comments

Winner?

• [URL=http://img46.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img46&image=audiring11edit7vh.jpg][IMG]http://img46.exs.cx/img46

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL=http://img19.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img19&image=img00039qc.jpg][IMG]http://img19.exs.cx/img19/4449/i

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No it is not. There is already a drifting photomode competition somewhere else. Go take your drifting photos there. And do not get argumentive with me, I'm not complaining i'm not winning. I said oh well, not "OMFG I'm not winnning jesus these all suck i'm not voting!!!" :rolleyes: In fact I have go check the Alfa Romeo Race Car photo.

DRIFTING IS WITH IN THE RULES. It is legal so anyone can use it. True there is a drifting photomode competition, but this isn't a non drifting comp nor should it be. And why can't people "get argumentive" with you? Is it because you are an all knowing 15 year old and everone eles is just stupid?

Hey guys, take it elsewhere. A couple of drifting shots won't hurt. If you don't like the rules, don't participate. If you complain about the rules and continually cause problems I'll get PR in here and clean it up.

I agree, now if EVERY picture was a drifting picture and drifting was NOT part of the theme... then there would be a problem. but until that happens, just let it slide. (no pun intended)

Event Horizon
Boo! I see several entries on there that I don't see fit for the top 20. Hmmph.
I as well, but what are you gonna do? I felt mine was nowhere near the greatest, but definitely better than some of the ones that made it. Eh well, always next week!

I loveee the beetle because it has nice rims and lowered suspension. Kinda nice compared with the 'usual' type of cars.

As for pics that you think is good and didn't get selected......I didn't like it. Easy as that :)

Anyways...it was fun selecting the pics.... 👍

TsLeng
I loveee the beetle because it has nice rims and lowered suspension. Kinda nice compared with the 'usual' type of cars.

As for pics that you think is good and didn't get selected......I didn't like it. Easy as that :)

Not to be mean please no one take this into another argument but the theme was nurburgring and you kind of chose it by the car.

That one with the opel touring car right behind the other one......MWA. It looks like a real life photo from a touring car championship. 👍

DRIFT GOD
i voted for this one 👍

I almost posted a virtually identical pic... neat trick to discover that driving backwards round the 'Ring is the only way to get that thing moving! Still, I didn't expect to see my entry with the 1886 Daimler make the top 20... :dopey: Very tough choice this week, can't we get two votes each?? Was all set to vote for the black Elise drifting but the Opel got my vote (sorry Franz!)...

Not to be mean please no one take this into another argument but the theme was nurburgring and you kind of chose it by the car.

Yeah, I also think that he concentrated more on cars and effects then on the Nordschleife!!?

Maybe more people (all former winners?) can also select the top 20?
For instance, let 10 members choose 2 pics for each week for the top 20??

I think it would be fairer if the person who chose the subject (and makes the top 20 cut), sits out the competition for that week. They are ALWAYS going to choose their own picture for the shortlist as they will have an idea in their head on what they want to see. Come on, they've already made the Hall of fame, can't be too much of a sacrifice to abstain for one week. I just think they could judge everybody else's photos with less bias - after all, what is there to stop someone voting their effort in and including 19 of the worst entries for that week?

Got to say I'm a bit bemused by some of the shortlisted pics this week, some of the entries links to the Nurburgring are tenuous to say the least.
I apporached the subject as if I had to make a poster that sums up a photo exhibition of the Nurburgring. Am I reading too much into this/going off at a tangent somewhere? I'm not bitter about my own entry not making the cut, it was one of those photos that split opinions and so was a risk to enter, but there were other entries that followed the brief more than some of the shortlisted pictures, some of which are just snaps of 'cool cars' that could have been taken anywhere.

Anyway, I've voted for the one that justifies the title "Nurburgring Nordshleife", the Black and white Autounion on the banking pic. 👍

Dang!!! I made a blunder :guilty:

The current 4th pic isn't supposed to be here :indiff:

Guess I got kock-eyed from picking all those pics.......... :grumpy:

Someone should go through and count the entries. I'm sure they will find there are alot more then 20, hence not every pic can be included.

superbad
Lord knows, it was in my top 3 - but what do I know?

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that we're all in our own top three. But somebody's gotta pic 20, and this week that poor guy was TsLeng. :)

edit: I voted for speedthrill's pic. 👍

Well I'm buzzin. :)

In the top 20 with my 1st go. :D

It won't win, but I'm excited just to be in top 20, especially with such high quality competition.

Good luck to everyone. 👍

I'm sure we'll get a worthy winner.

redhed17
Well I'm buzzin. :)

In the top 20 with my 1st go. :D

It won't win, but I'm excited just to be in top 20, especially with such high quality competition.

Good luck to everyone. 👍

I'm sure we'll get a worthy winner.

I was thinking the same thing! Even got a couple of votes already!

Back to suzuka now...

superbad
I think it would be fairer if the person who chose the subject (and makes the top 20 cut), sits out the competition for that week. They are ALWAYS going to choose their own picture for the shortlist as they will have an idea in their head on what they want to see. Come on, they've already made the Hall of fame, can't be too much of a sacrifice to abstain for one week. I just think they could judge everybody else's photos with less bias - after all, what is there to stop someone voting their effort in and including 19 of the worst entries for that week?

Got to say I'm a bit bemused by some of the shortlisted pics this week, some of the entries links to the Nurburgring are tenuous to say the least.
I apporached the subject as if I had to make a poster that sums up a photo exhibition of the Nurburgring. Am I reading too much into this/going off at a tangent somewhere? I'm not bitter about my own entry not making the cut, it was one of those photos that split opinions and so was a risk to enter, but there were other entries that followed the brief more than some of the shortlisted pictures, some of which are just snaps of 'cool cars' that could have been taken anywhere.

Anyway, I've voted for the one that justifies the title "Nurburgring Nordshleife", the Black and white Autounion on the banking pic. 👍

Ditto.

...cept I went for the old timer photo with the sun flare.

Damn, not going to win this one. Started off well but when I woke up the next morning I was miles behind.

theGTfreak
Damn, not going to win this one. Started off well but when I woke up the next morning I was miles behind.

Same here GTFreak... I was doing good yesterday, but now I'm not even close!:indiff:

wooo! im doing good, espcially for my 1st time in the top 20
mine is the 3rd one with the red bull audi and the opel
thanks for the people who voted for me

I may be a new member , but I’m sorry,,,,Something is wrong with this competition and apparently I’m not the only one who thinks so. :boggled:

Event Horizon
Boo! I see several entries on there that I don't see fit for the top 20. Hmmph.
440 CHARGER
I definetely agree with you Event Horizon! There were probably some better shots that shoulda been in the top 20, but oh well. At leas mine made it in.:)
Evo Paul
I agree, im not being bitter cause i didnt get in this week, but what is the deal with that beetle??? Its just a pic of a beetle lol, ah wel never mind there are some good pics in there 👍
TsLeng

Glad to hear why the beetle was picked. That explains his choices for the top 20….
I thought the theme was "Nurburgring Nordshleife"……That’s a track right ??? :confused:

zonekill
Yeah, I also think that he concentrated more on cars and effects then on the Nordschleife!!?

Maybe more people (all former winners?) can also select the top 20?
For instance, let 10 members choose 2 pics for each week for the top 20??
superbad

boost654
Ditto.

...cept I went for the old timer photo with the sun flare.

And, after reading through these quotes. There’s nothing else I can add….I think everybody else has said it for me….

I personally believe the whole theme was ignored by TsLeng in his choice of the top 20. And after this week I hope that the themes are much more descriptive so these issues don’t pop up again…..

Sorry for my 29 cents on the subject but I couldn’t hold my tongue any longer…. :nervous:
Enjoy
Mudro

mudro
And, after reading through these quotes. There’s nothing else I can add….I think everybody else has said it for me….

I personally believe the whole theme was ignored by TsLeng in his choice of the top 20. And after this week I hope that the themes are much more descriptive so these issues don’t pop up again…..

Sorry for my 29 cents on the subject but I couldn’t hold my tongue any longer…. :nervous:
Enjoy
Mudro

Hey, there is only one way to perfect the Photomode Competitions, and that is by everyone giving comments and suggestions. Thanks for your 29 cents, they will help make the contests even better. Feel free to give any suggestions that would help make them better, cause this is booming thread with alot of posts every week, and the better we can make it, the more enjoyable it will be for everyone!:)

Back