Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
By popular request I bring you the Photomode Magazine Cover Competition. This will be a weekly thing to test both the photoshop abilities and photomode abilities of residents of the planet.

Rules:

Only Imageshack thumbnails will be considered for entry.
Use your own pictures.
One entry per person, per week.
Mark FINAL ENTRY in red on your final entry.
Stick with the theme.
Cite all sources you get your magazine logos from (not on the magazine, but in the post)
The picking will go like the Photomode Competition goes by a poll
Failure to abide by the rules results in DQ.

Theme

This weeks theme will be tuner cars. The winner of the week before usally picks the theme, but since that won't be know till the next week I just went ahead and picked a theme that will be pretty easy.

Deadline
Sunday April 17th.

Rule Update #1 4-10-05

Sport compact will be considered anything along the lines of a Civic sized car, the rules are pretty lose though. On this you can use your judgement. Think Sport Compact Car, Super Street, etc. magazines for what is considered sport compacts.

Rule Update #1a 4-10-05
We are considering the Supra, 3000GT, Skyline, S2000, Impreza, Lancer, 350Z, etc. to work for this event.

Rule Update #2 4-11-05
Changed to tuner cars to make it easier.

Rule Update #2a 4-11-05
Cars from Tuner Village may be used.
For an examplf of tuner cars go to Google and type in Sport Compact Car and click images. It will give you an idea.

BlazinXtreme
By popular request I bring you the Photomode Magazine Cover Competition. This will be a weekly thing to test both the photoshop abilities and photomode abilities of residents of the planet.

Rules:

Only Imageshack thumbnails will be considered for entry.
Use your own pictures.
One entry per person, per week.
Mark FINAL ENTRY in red on your final entry.
Stick with the theme.
Cite all sources you get your magazine logos from (not on the magazine, but in the post)
The picking will go like the Photomode Competition goes by a poll
Failure to abide by the rules results in DQ.

Theme

This weeks theme will be sport compacts. The winner of the week before usally picks the theme, but since that won't be know till the next week I just went ahead and picked a theme that will be pretty easy.

Deadline
Sunday April 10th.

Great work, anyway can you list a couple of example cars so some people know what you want!!! I am pursuming cars like the Clio Sports?

Anything you find in Sport Compact Car, Super Street, etc. will be fine. I'm not going to be strict on the theme. And yes a Cilo would be fine.

Final Entry

One question:

Would Supra or 3000GT sized-cars be considered as "sports compact"? I bet I'm not the only one with this question.

I have been stuffing around finding cars for this competition, and it seems the the compact series are for cars 4000mm or less, I think we should stick to this.

Which means that the Supra, 3000GT are not eligable.

these are some cars that can enter:

Opel Corse Comfort 1.4 '01
VW polo GTi '01
VW Lupo 1.4 '02
Opel Tigra 1.6i '99
Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 Sport X Version '02
Peugot 206 S16 '99
Lotus Elise 111R '04
BMW 120i '04
Nissan Micra '03
Honda Jazz 1.4 dsi se sp '01Toyota ist 1.5S '02
Nissan Cube Ex (FF/CVT) '02
Toyota Voltz S '02
Vauxhall Tigra S '02
Toyota Yaris U Euro Sport Edition (J) '00
Shelby Cobra 427 '67 (everyone will pick this so maybe it should be excluded)
Mazda MX-5 Series Cars
Mini Cooper S '02
Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR '97
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Subaru 360 '58
Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16v/24v '02
Toyota MR2 V Edition (J) '02
Autobianchi A112 Abarth
Honda Beat '91
Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01
Lotus elise Type 72 '01
lotus Elan '62
Citroen 2CV '54 (oh my god its ugly)
Mazda Kusabi '03
Renault Clio V6 Sport Race Car
Gineta G4 '64
Mugan Motul Civic Race Car (under 4000mm but a race car so its out right?)
Mitsubish i '03
Peugeot 205 turbo 16 rally Car (will rally cars under 4000mm be allowed)
Mini Marcos GT '70
Lotus Life Step van '72
Honda CR-X siR '90
Diahatsu Sirion X4 '00
Honda S800 RSC Race Car (once again a race car)
Daimler Motor Carriage 1886

Some of these cars such as the daimler will just be senseless really, so maybe we should make a new rule of cars below 4000mm in lenth and no older than 1990!!!

Just my views. Let us know as soon as possible so we can get started..

Thanks BlazinXtreme and all...

ok, there's sport compacts, like the neon and civic.. but the others are more like tuner cars than sport compacts.

eastly makes a good point, if everyone is ok with that you want to stick to under 4000mm?

even civics and integras are not in?
they're the most common thing you see in those magazine
like tuned civics, celica ... maybe even SRT4, Golf, Clio ...
I know what sports compact are ...
but it is really hard to define a critical value in GT4
maybe limiting the engine displacement no more than 2.5L??

Ah screw it I will just say tuner cars so it can be just about anything :lol:.

franz
even civics and integras are not in?
they're the most common thing you see in those magazine
like tuned civics, celica ... maybe even SRT4, Golf, Clio ...
I know what sports compact are ...
but it is really hard to define a critical value in GT4
maybe limiting the engine displacement no more than 2.5L??

good idea with the displacement 👍

why does every competition have to turn into a big disscusion about what cars are going to be used ??? why doesnt everybody just goy buy a copy of SUPER STREET or SPORT COMPACT and pic a car that you see in the magazine ???

BlazinXtreme
Ah screw it I will just say tuner cars so it can be just about anything :lol:.

im sad to say this might be the only way to make some people happy.

Hey guys, I was just searching around the web for compact car magazines and I found one called Sport Compact Car. And on the cover of several issuses are Supras, 350 Zs, Integras, Subarus, and Civics. So, just a little bit of researching suggests that the Supras and 350 Zs and all that stuff should be allowed. Just go to MSN or Yahoo or Google and put in sport compact car in an image search. And there you will have it!:)

xandaman
Do tuner village cars count?

I would say yes.

Tuner cars will be the best to describe
hope nobody thinking to tune a supercar like Pagani .... LOL
in fact I think we're all smart enough ... haha

Like I said I'm trying to make this one pretty open since I had to pick the topic again. Starting next week we can get a more indepth theme. But 440 said it the best with the search. Yes tuner villege cars can be used...going to update now.

DRIFT GOD

why does every competition have to turn into a big disscusion about what cars are going to be used ??? why doesnt everybody just goy buy a copy of SUPER STREET or SPORT COMPACT and pic a car that you see in the magazine ???

We're not all from The Big America you know. :) 💡

This isn't my Final Entry yet, but it's close. My German is sketchy so I had a little help from www.freetranslation.com. But most of it was off the top of my head German.

Barcode from google.

Ok now I am confused, so it's cars from Tuner Village now? Or any car from tuner Village + Sports compact, which includes Supras, 350 Zs, Integras, Subarus, and Civics? If thats the case I have some killer pics of s Supra...

It's cars the tuner scene likes. So tuner village is included and so are the Supras, Z cars, etc. You can use your Supra.

DRIFT GOD

Damn man, I was not making a dfiscussion about which cars can be used, the theme was set so I thought I would go and get a list of a few cars that can be used to help others out.

Sorry if trying to help people out is a ****ing crime.

eastley
Damn man, I was not making a dfiscussion about which cars can be used, the theme was set so I thought I would go and get a list of a few cars that can be used to help others out.

Sorry if trying to help people out is a ****ing crime.

i wasnt refering to your post, in fact your list is very helpfull. i was refering to the whole PHOTOMODE COMPETITIONS in general not just this one.

i apoligize if i sounded rude i just posted quick before i went to work :indiff:

speedthrill
We're not all from The Big America you know. :) 💡

lol what about MAX POWER ??? here in the states we get a edited version of that magazine, but the one in the U.K is great 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back