GT4: Toyota GT-ONE TS020

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pink_the_Floyd
  • 46 comments
  • 8,299 views
Find the X-Link thread and read that, like I said I on't know all the answers. But people are playing the Japanese and Chinese versions of GT4 online through X-Link with fools the PS2 into thinking it's a LAN game not an online one or something like that.
 
Let's be clear, in most situations in GT3 the GT-ONE is *slower* than the R390. In real life this would not be the case.

At Le Mans in 1998, these cars went head to head. You could say the R390 won, because they had finishers 3rd, 5th and 6th and Toyota only had 9th and 24th. But make no mistake, the GT-ONE was setting faster laptimes and was substantially more competitive. One of the GT-ONEs led with little over an hour remaining, but it broke down. The other cars were also competitive but were forced down the field by overheating problems etc. and finished quite low.

The GT-ONE should be the faster car, because it is in real life. But in GT3 it is not, for whatever reason. It has more power and you only have to look at it to see it is more aerodynamically advanced. However, it has a long wheelbase which makes it a real handful in slow corners. Also, in high speed corners, where it should excel, it is very edgy in comparison to the R390.

The R390 is a lot easier to drive. I'm a reasonably proficient GT3 player, and I got into an R390, which I had never driven before, upgraded to the max, put on super soft slicks and drove 40 laps at Laguna Seca. In the first few laps I struggled because it was new to me, but by the end, with a time of 1:00.621, I was 2 tenths slower than the R390-Laguna Seca lap record at GT3times. I have driven the GT-ONE for several hundred laps at various races but I was not within 2 seconds let alone 2 tenths.

At some tracks, like Midfield, the GT-ONE works like a dream and will easily beat anything except an F1 car. But at others, particularly SS11, it struggles, and the R390 is faster. Even the 787B (with 400 hp less due to lack of extreme turbo upgrades) can set faster times than the GT-ONE there because it is shorter, and has better agility in the slow corners.

Meanwhile, let's point out that without the silly arcade-like turbo upgrades in GT3, the 787B owns the GT-ONE and the R390.

To round things off, the R390 goes better in races than the GT-ONE and is easier on it's tyres. If you add in that it is usually slightly faster and handles better, you have an all-round better car.

I wouldn't be surprised if the balance of power has changed in GT4.
 
For ****s sake, don't you people listen, EVER. The GT-One is only faster in the hands of the AI, a skilled driver will beat the R390's times in a GT-One and thats been proven on GT3 times databases.
 
ok, ok calm down, live!
we just think PD prefferes Nissan in general, but you just can´t count it as bad cause it´s a japanese team and perhaps Kaz likes Nissans as well so forget it we ALL know the reality and the GT-One is one of the fastest le Mans Race Cars EVER to point that out!...and that is satisfaction enough for GT-One fans i think at least this is only a game and(though it should reflect the reality)needn´t be like real life(in GT2 the Toyota was faster though)!

so can someone tell me what is that for a Nissan R390?
nissan4sk.th.jpg

and what´s that for a Mazda?
787b7uo.th.jpg

can you paint your cars in GT4 when you reached a level(for example 75% or so)????
 
What if PD does prefer Nissan's, he loves the 350Z and Skyline GT-R's he's said that before, but the fact remeains that has no bearing on the cars performance in the game. As for the two pics posted, thoes are apparently test cars, I don't know how you get them in GT4 though.
 
so cab you PAINT your cars perhaps?
cool...a BLACK GT-One :)
or a Black mc Laren F1 Long Tail whic would look like the Road version then!!! ;>
 
GT-One Lover
but why are those Group C cars faster than GT-One and R390 and nearly all the others in GT4 then?

That wouldn't surprise me. The Sauber Mercedes C9 and C11 set some seriously fast laptimes there. Toyota may have the record of 3:29.930, but the C11 set a 3:31.270 and might have gone faster. Michael Schumacher was on a real flyer but spun at the ford chicanes. Also, maybe the tyres the group C cars used weren't as good as they were nearly a decade later.

I wouldn't be surprised if the group C cars are quicker. Just because they are dated technology wise doesn't mean they are slower. The rules were completely different, it's not like there was an evolution from group C to GT1, it was not really like that.
 
live4speed
For ****s sake, don't you people listen, EVER. The GT-One is only faster in the hands of the AI, a skilled driver will beat the R390's times in a GT-One and thats been proven on GT3 times databases.

No, it hasn't.

What you are saying 'a skilled driver' doesn't make sense. All the lap records at the GT3 circuit are held by extremely skilled drivers, who have a pretty good idea how to get the best out of the GT-ONE and the R390. Disregarding circuits like the test course and super speedway, the R390 is usually faster.

In terms of lap records at race circuits, it's 18-8 to the R390.
 
I've not looked recentley but last time I checked a few the GT-One was faster on most tracks and the R390 on only a few. Which sites are you checking, if your right then I take all that back, but the last time I checked properly it was beforeI went away which was a good few months back.
 
and on the other tracks?....which car is faster on ALL the other tracks?
and to teh group C cars:
i think the ARE slower than GT-One, Bentley, Audi,... cause they have perhaps some more horsepower(GT1:600----Group C:800) but they are aerodynamically not that good(no front diffusor for example), have worse tires than the "next era" Cars from LM and are just technically older and thus slower than the new cars(just think of the F1 cars with 1000PS!!...are they faster than some 700/800 PS Formular 1 Cars??---NO they´re too old and slow!)
 
I was just saying, the fastest group C and the fastest GT1 Le Mans laptimes are pretty similar. I don't think you can say either way which is faster in real life.
 
that´s true...
they are just too different, and the only Group C cars which i like are:
sauber Mercedes C9, (of course) Toyota TS010 and Peugeot 905!!!!---->they are the only good looking for me ;)
 
Yeah I dont like that also that all CPU race cars are almost faster than the GT-One and even that Nissan. I know that when you drive the GT-One you can do better times.

Anyway here are some links for the true facts. As you can see and all knows in the game is 98 Nissan R390 GT1 but look the qualifying results. There you can see that 98 GT-One was already quicker and what comes to 99 model it was even better.The 2nd link is done by classes.Also read to 99 edition how to Toyota happened in race review. Also there are a lot of nice shots to GT-One race car but also bad photos to flips of Merc in 3 sessions . To all GT-One fans(me included) the photo from the start is the best one as you can already see in that how much our car is leading :) .

http://www.club-arnage.com/lm98/grid.htm
http://www.club-arnage.com/lm98/quovrl98.htm

99 edition:

http://www.club-arnage.com/lm99/finalqualify.htm
http://www.club-arnage.com/lm99/

edit: forget to say compare the lap times between 98 and 99. I dont remember does the track changed but laps are 5 seconds quicker. Also it seems at 98 Nissan was even slower than Panoz but was able to beat only the McLarens,so that for that speed :) . I think after that all thinks Nissan should be a lot slower and GT-One the quickest LM-GTP car.
 
GT-One Lover
that´s true...
they are just too different, and the only Group C cars which i like are:
sauber Mercedes C9, (of course) Toyota TS010 and Peugeot 905!!!!---->they are the only good looking for me ;)

And the Minolta Toyota 88C-V? ;)




Cheers,
 
yeah that is true it really sucks it will be masively slower than the opposite
 
Guys I need your advice.I'm planning on buying the GT-one but is it worth the money???

Sure I will buy it but I have got the game three days and I want to buy a good car for those 4,500,000 credits.



Cheers,
 
Back