GT4 Tuners

prisonermonkeys

Be Fearless
Premium
Messages
33,150
Peru
Hammerhead Garage
OK, so we've debated the car list, picked apart the tracks, discussed B-Spec and Photo modes, anticipated new surprises and dissected the main menu. But it stikes me as odd that I couldn't find anything on this.

Which non-factory turners do you think should go in GT4?

Yes, I know there's a thread on Koenig, but this is devoted to all of them up for inclusion. We already know that factory manufacturers such as Ralliart, Mazdaspeed, Mugen, Nismo and STi are going to go in, but who else should be added to the list?
 
Are we even sure that the "Tuner Village" will offer actual aftermarket companies such as HKS and Greddy, Brembo and so on?....OR is it going to be some fake ass place were u bring any car and add a generic exhaust on it!??
 
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45897&highlight=GT4+Menu+Dissected

This quote is taken from phantasm in the above link:
phantasm
6 Tuning Village - aftermarket tuning at it's finest
So I'd say that it's actual tuners not
Der_Meister
some fake ass place were u bring any car and add a generic exhaust on it!??
So I'll rephrase the question slightly.

Assuming that the Tuners Village uses actual real-life tuners, which companies would you like to see present in GT4?
 
Gt4 will have famous tune shops, so tuners like Mugen could be in.
 
Ok, now I am excited that its a full out Tuning Palace...however, it would be nice to go in there and choose between a HKS or a Fujitsubo or a Turbonetics turbo: or a Koneig, Greddy exhaust. Bilstein for suspension, Brembo slotted brakes, or highly heat resistant composite brake disks. If only we had the choice of tyres, Michelin, goodyear, Toyo, Falken and so on. Body modifications from C-west... Sparco roll cages, Lisceneced chips and ECU systems....I just hope its not some cars that ARE tuned already like a mines r34-gt4!...It's nice but choosing your own individual parts would be awsome. And if all of these afect the physics and gameplay......OMFG!!!!!! A HKS turbo and a Fujitsubo shouldnt have the same performance or sound. I hope you guys agree with me!
 
Mugen and Spoon would (and better) be included. I don't see why they wouldn't; both companies have sponsored cars in-game.
 
I remember in an interview I've read , KY said that they will include aftermarket tuners (not just the in house tuning names).

I really hope they DO release some news on that ... they'll probably won't and let us find out when we buy the game :(
but oh well...

i was hoping at least Apex'i, Blitz, Greddy, HKS, would be in there... since they DO have the blitz drift car, HKS drag supra, ... donno about other cars .. if they have blitz drift car... I wouldn't be surprised if they put more D1 grand prix cars in like the Apexi FD3S and Taniguchi's HKS S15

maybe this is one of the little surprises KY wants us to discover when we load our spankin new GT4 dual layer DVD into the PS2

can't wait !!!! :ouch:
 
Der_Meister
Ok, now I am excited that its a full out Tuning Palace...however, it would be nice to go in there and choose between a HKS or a Fujitsubo or a Turbonetics turbo: or a Koneig, Greddy exhaust. Bilstein for suspension, Brembo slotted brakes, or highly heat resistant composite brake disks. If only we had the choice of tyres, Michelin, goodyear, Toyo, Falken and so on. Body modifications from C-west... Sparco roll cages, Lisceneced chips and ECU systems....I just hope its not some cars that ARE tuned already like a mines r34-gt4!...It's nice but choosing your own individual parts would be awsome. And if all of these afect the physics and gameplay......OMFG!!!!!! A HKS turbo and a Fujitsubo shouldnt have the same performance or sound. I hope you guys agree with me!

I agree with you, it's just that if they wanted to include all of what you said, they'd have to delay the game longer. Tires wise, I really dont think the physics and computing power is accurate and precise (as good as GT4 will be) able to differentiate say from a Michelin tarmac race tire to a Pirelli of the same type.
body mods... are welll... don't seem like they'll be here this time around
but I really do like the ability to pick parts from your own favorite brand and actually have them look different on your car... especially the exhausts.. as I've mentioned in another post

Artz
 
*crosses fingers* D1GP cars in GT4 will make me scream like a little schoolgirl!
 
ND4SPD
*crosses fingers* D1GP cars in GT4 will make me scream like a little schoolgirl!

hell ya... I want the D1GP cars too
but the Blitz D1GP is confirmed from TGS I think or even earlier...

we can always make the Trueno drift if they don't have D1 :indiff:
 
Hopefully, all tuning parts will add performance, not degrade performance (body kits :rolleyes: ).

Why do you want to drift in a Corolla? That's like trying to make my Explorer drift because I saw it sliding around on a dirt road in a Ford commercial.

Lame.
 
i would like to see c-west. the s-15 racecar is just stunning. and i saw a c-west r34-gtr on cardomain which was very nice, too.

ps: yeah, my 50th thread!
 
Lingenfelter, Brabus, Carlsson, Hamann, AC Schnitzer, ABT and why not Dahlback Racing who made the near 1000 hp Golf IV?
 
Brabus, Lorinser, Carlsson, JUN, SUMO, HKS (probably in), Seehaven, Autovision, Do-Luck, Top Secret, Veilside... What pops in my mind just now, can think of a lot more...

EDIT: Dahlback for sure
 
Reading this thread, makes me wonder...Are we talking about the same stuff there was in Automodellista, when you added some parts to your car to make it more visually impressive ? Or is it just something that adds to the car's performance, and nothing visual ?
Anyway, I know very few japanese car tuner...so...let'em all be in :)
 
This is NOT the Kaido Battle Forum!!! LEAVE !!! :grumpy: :grumpy:


Just kidding, but you really head the Kaido Battle way by hoping for that many tuners 💡 It's in no way bad, I myself like the idea.

I would like for example if you want to Race-mod your S15, you can choose from a couple of tuners to transform it in a race car, like HKS, Blitz, Greddy or whatever you wish 👍
 
I think it's same like in GT2. Each manufacture has it's own tuner like for Nissan - Nismo etc.
 
Cosmic
I think it's same like in GT2. Each manufacture has it's own tuner like for Nissan - Nismo etc.

hmm.. that's not what I thought I heard.. well I could be wrong....

but lets hope you're not right haha :D

artz
 
WhiteSW20
hmm.. that's not what I thought I heard.. well I could be wrong....

but lets hope you're not right haha :D

artz
I hope I'm not right. :D
They said "it's finest" so it could be different from GT2 ;)
 
Der_Meister
Are we even sure that the "Tuner Village" will offer actual aftermarket companies such as HKS and Greddy, Brembo and so on?....OR is it going to be some fake ass place were u bring any car and add a generic exhaust on it!??

many pure race parts are no-name, shop-built, one off parts.

A "sports" exhaust, in the case of a GReddy Evo or PE or whatever, would cost the gamer $600, where as the pure race exhaust would cost about $100

A pure race exhaust would consist of any 2.5" or 3" (God forbid PD let us choose the diameter) steel pipe laying around that could be welded to the collector, followed by a $20 resonator & a downturn angled to the side or straight down.
 
^^^ lol...I wouldn't try to explain it man...it won't work, if there's no name there's no fame, lmao...I agree though, pure race is no name.

Also...I really really want to see JUN make an appearance, as well as some suspension companies, like Tein, Tokicko, etc, that would be nice, and hopefully wheels might get a name this time, so I can get my VOLK LE37T's on :D
 
Cosmic
I hope I'm not right. :D
They said "it's finest" so it could be different from GT2 ;)

Hope so. What comes to mind from those words is a tuner who is serious but not that close-knit to a manufacturer as Nismo is to Nissan. Say Koenig or JUN...
 
i bet this is going to be mainly for wheel change and oil stuff

no forget thats gt auto :sick:
 
Well there is a tuner mode with people like HKS, HPA, etc.. I love the HPA R32
 
ok i don't think you need to argue with people who started this thread back in october.
 
Back