GT4 Velocity Challenge

• Thread starter Matej
  • 35 comments
After consulting with @Harsk100 , I decided to stop the hiatus and submit the results. Therefore, the results have been updated, check the OP.

I would like to thank you guys for participating, it would have been much better if we had more drivers and full submissions, but this also brought interesting results. If you want to redo the challenge, just post here and I will replace all the cars with different models, incorporate braking challenge and remove few disciplines, if possible.

@shotamagee Congratulations for outclassing the entire challenge in both domains, I would have lost even without that massive penalty I got on the Lesson V (B). :cheers:

Who gets less penalty will win? Is this a regularity championship?

I would like to do the 2nd season of GT4 Rally Challenge.

Who gets less penalty will win? Is this a regularity championship?
Yes, less penalty seconds - victory in that domain. What do you mean by regularity championship? This is one-time challenge, although in case you guys want to restart it, I will just replace all the cars, do some tweaks in lessons and we're good to go.

I would like to do the 2nd season of GT4 Rally Challenge.
Are you sure? The Rallye challenge requires more even functional buttons on the controller. Given the experience from this challenge, somehow I'm afraid I would have to put even more NDFs by your name... :P

The rules are simple though - more than two competitors and I can re-open the Rallye challenge too.

Yes, less penalty seconds - victory in that domain. What do you mean by regularity championship? This is one-time challenge, although in case you guys want to restart it, I will just replace all the cars, do some tweaks in lessons and we're good to go.
I mean that "the winner is who has less penalty" rule reminds me of GT4 Rallye Challenge....

Are you sure? The Rallye challenge requires more even functional buttons on the controller. Given the experience from this challenge, somehow I'm afraid I would have to put even more NDFs by your name... :P

The rules are simple though - more than two competitors and I can re-open the Rallye challenge too.
More Functionasl Buttons? Can't we just use the Ghost Turned on?

Anyways, you don't have to put DNF's on my name if I complete it... :D

Finally can go over the results, this isn't really the type of comp I'd normally be that interested in, straight line / top speed isn't something that I'm interested in. But hey it can't hurt to give it a try.

Tests: Test 1, pretty easy not surprising that we're all close, test 2 I thought was pretty straight forward as well, but you both smoked me, so you've both figured out something I haven't for that one.
Test 3 with the Alfa, I used gearbox auto 1, Final 2.960 & then adjusted 1st, 2nd & 3rd as well, also launched in 2nd gear for best results.
Test 4 the settings I thought would help didn't, I ended up using quite soft springs and very high ride height to get best results, as the parameters for the test made the car easy to get off the line, I wonder if concentrating more on top speed would have helped.
Test 5A max Nos (obviously) Auto 21 gearbox, default suspension, hit the giggle juice just before you come off the final corner.
Test 5B Nitro @ 37, gearbox auto 17, rest stock, get off the line then hammer the nitro until it runs out just as you come on to the final straight.
Test 6 using the supercharger easily got the best results, power is similar with the turbo, torque however is clearly advantage SC. Running the close gearbox was pretty much perfect for the 1000m.

Results: If doing something like this again you'd want to find a way to give each test more even weighting, because doing well on test 5B was key to doing well, but for ranking it probably didn't matter too much due to the small number of competitors.

Thanks to Matej for thinking up the tests & hosting & for the competition, it was nice to do something different, but I'm not really in any rush to do it again, back to the circuit racing next for me I think.

More Functionasl Buttons? Can't we just use the Ghost Turned on?

You still really don't get the point of that competition do you?

Back