GT4 vs GT5 vs GT6, which B-Spec is better?

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 36 comments

Which GT B-spec is the best?

• Total voters
I think this is the worse implementation of BSpec. He can't drive very well, makes the same stupid mistakes every lap, still slams into cars backs, still can't pass on a straightaway with lots of room on either side etc. What's the point of "push it harder" when he just keeps running off the track over and over again? Hell he does this on "push the pace" too.

PD team needs to retire and get some new blood that can actually program AI, come up with some fresh ideas, actually take all the good parts of previous Bspecs in GT games and implement it in the new one instead of the current programmers ridiculous implementation of silly ideas while not bringing back the good ideas from the past Bspecs. I could go on but what would be the point.

I can't remember the B-Spec in GT4, so I can't really jump to conclusions here. I found GT5's B-Spec a little underwhelming, but liked how you could raise a drivers skills, and recruit several. You got a real sense you were the head of a racing team.

What I can say is though, I was gutted that you couldn't train a driver in GT6's B-Spec. Every time I play B-Spec with GT6, I feel like my soul has left my body and I'm controlling myself like a clumsy puppeteer. It's far easier and less cringe worthy just to jump into A-Spec. As far as I'm aware, there's no actual benefit to choosing B-Spec over A-Spec.

I can't remember the B-Spec in GT4, so I can't really jump to conclusions here. I found GT5's B-Spec a little underwhelming, but liked how you could raise a drivers skills, and recruit several. You got a real sense you were the head of a racing team.

What I can say is though, I was gutted that you couldn't train a driver in GT6's B-Spec. Every time I play B-Spec with GT6, I feel like my soul has left my body and I'm controlling myself like a clumsy puppeteer. It's far easier and less cringe worthy just to jump into A-Spec. As far as I'm aware, there's no actual benefit to choosing B-Spec over A-Spec.
I am grinding b spec just to buy cars.

Question: Does Bob level up after a few races like he did in GT5?

There is no 'labelled' level.

In GT4, for instance, we had Battle points, Course points, etc. that added up - and the more you add the better one's Bob was. In GT6 we had a labelled levelling - from 0 - 40. After level 30 there was a significant improvement in the Bobs' (we had up to six of them) performance.

GT6 has no specific labeling system noting where your Bob is at.
Is it based on the players prowess? Or licence level? Does Bob improve with use?
These are all still under investigation.
Only running B-Spec races consistently and noting all shenanigans will we be able to assume some sort of workable theory that'll match up with their behaviour.

Back