GT4 Vs. PGR2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Master_Yoda
  • 45 comments
  • 3,505 views

Master_Yoda

(Banned)
Messages
4,010
Ok i searched and couldn't find anything on this. I would like to see peoples takes on which major racing game they like better. I for one a major PS2 fan like GT4 better. But then your comparing an arcade racer, to a simulation. The reason i choose GT4, is becase it offers both modes. You have and arcade mode in it but you also have a simulation modes were you can unlock tracks, and cars.

ok i know i'm boring you but what racing game do u think is better?
 
PGR2? Are you serious?

Even as an avid XBox fan ... even as a girl who raced in PGR2 for a long time and wlel before GT4 ... there is no comparing the two ... chalk and cheese ... GT4 hands down in every department.
 
srry for miss writing, i wasent paying attention i ment, PGR3.
 
PGR3=Arcade
GT4=Sim...

And they're not even from the same gaming generation.
Hell, one's not even out yet.

Check my thread in the 360 Forum for info on PGR3.
 
what i'm saying is since sony pushed the limit for this gen racing games with GT4, i wanted to compare what a really good this gen raceing game compared to a good racer of next gen to see how much difference its going to be and thats all.



and for the sim vs. arcade thing. like i said theres a sim mode and a arcade mode in gt4. compare arcade mode to pgr3.
 
Project Gotham has always been insanely fun.
It might be better to compare it to NFS or Midnight Club.

The only XBox (exclusive) game we should compare with GT4 is Forza. I laugh at Forza. The graphics are slow and chunky and look generic anyway. While the car selection isn't too bad, the tracks all SUCK. The controls, oh my gosh, the controls...

Anybody have any links or info about "Vision Gran Turismo"?
 
Master_Yoda
Ok i searched and couldn't find anything on this. I would like to see peoples takes on which major racing game they like better. I for one a major PS2 fan like GT4 better. But then your comparing an arcade racer, to a simulation. The reason i choose GT4, is becase it offers both modes. You have and arcade mode in it but you also have a simulation modes were you can unlock tracks, and cars.

ok i know i'm boring you but what racing game do u think is better?
Don't even go there. GT4 kills it in every aspect.
 
McLaren F1GTR
PGR3=Arcade
GT4=Sim...

And they're not even from the same gaming generation.
Hell, one's not even out yet.

Check my thread in the 360 Forum for info on PGR3.


I would say sim-ish.
 
did u guys read my posts. it said to compare the arcade mode in GT4 to PGR3. i did this to campare the generation gaming and how much it would develope in the next years. i little know much about PS3 but have read many articles on the 360. I did this for another reason to. to see which racing games in the future will be better from the fans point of view. cause if GT4 will be better then PGR3 (probally not).


if u guys still have trouble of what i'm saying please leave. (this forum not the site)
 
Much to learn about the forum you have...

If we have trouble with what you're saying, it's because you are barely speaking English and hardly making sense.
GT4 is "probally" not as good as PGR3 is going to be?
WTF? In what respect?
Just for that staement alone, you are the one who needs to leave.

I'm not dissin' you, just what you said.

GT4 and PGR3 don't compare except for the fact that they are driving games.
 
gran turismo rules the roost! the only thing PGR can lay claim to is that it had the 'ring first.
 
one major thing GT4 has over Forza is the avalibility of the DFP, it ownz! i have seen many Xbox wheels, none have the FF, 900 deg, feel like it.
 
un_peacekeeper
one major thing GT4 has over Forza is the avalibility of the DFP, it ownz! i have seen many Xbox wheels, none have the FF, 900 deg, feel like it.
Didn't Forza get mad ratings(9.5. 10, 10, I think) from EGM? If those scores are accurate and not biased ;), it's impressive. Also, I heard something about a $150 wheel for Forza? I'd be somewhat skeptical about the quality though. At least they matched the price! :D
 
ZAGGIN
gran turismo rules the roost! the only thing PGR can lay claim to is that it had the 'ring first.
For consoles, it was the 1st.

GPL had it LONG before and GPL's is still 200% harder than any of the one on consoles today.
 
a6m5
Didn't Forza get mad ratings(9.5. 10, 10, I think) from EGM? If those scores are accurate and not biased ;), it's impressive.
I don't think they're biased. I just got Forza, and IMO, the racing aspect is a lot better than GT4. The AI is a bit smarter, you actually have a challenge, if you hit the wall on the left, your car pulls left (I think that is what it is), and you have 8 cars on the road.

For driving, GT4 is the winner. You just keep on coming back to play. (however, this is from a person with the DFP and a good cockpit. If I could only use the DS2, GT4 would be collecting dust on my shelf.)

Master_Yoda
Ok i searched and couldn't find anything on this. I would like to see peoples takes on which major racing game they like better. I for one a major PS2 fan like GT4 better. But then your comparing an arcade racer, to a simulation. The reason i choose GT4, is becase it offers both modes. You have and arcade mode in it but you also have a simulation modes were you can unlock tracks, and cars.

ok i know i'm boring you but what racing game do u think is better?
You're comparing apples and oranges. Two different things. Both games have arcade modes, but on PGR2, the handling is arcade. With GT4, the handling is simulator-like (or very close to one).

If you want to have a fair comparision, compare PGR2 to Burnout or Midnight Club or Need for Speed. Or compare GT4 to Forza.

Duck7892
 
what ever on this thread for me compare GT4 to any racing u peopel please to.

P.S. its not my spelling thats bad i just type to fast.
 
Well master whatever, if you type too fast then heres my first advice, TYPE SLOOOOWER! then you'll get it right. I mean why post that you type fast when clearly you can type slower. Now if PGR3 is on the Xbox360 why are you comparing a next gen game to the current gen one. Why not compare PGR3 to GT5 now that would make more sense wouldnt it? If im wrong soemone please correct me but since little is known about PGR3 and GT5 its very hard to compare next gen games.

Also please don't get to fustrated because you only brought this onto yourself.
 
Master_Yoda
P.S. its not my spelling thats bad i just type to fast.
Yes, you type too fast. Just so you know, if you type slower, you have better spelling, and with better spelling people can easily read your posts, and then you wouldn't get ragged on about your spelling. If you want to type fast but have near perfect spelling, get the latest version of Mavis Beacon. You don't know who Mavis Beacon is? Type her name on Google.

And in the long run, typing posts that people can read easily is faster than using "txt" talk. Because you have to type more to explain what you said that people couldn't understand.

And you don't save a bunch of time typing faster, unless you are writing a write-up. You personally might be extremely good at "txt" talk, and not so good at "proper english", and I have no problem with that.

However, that said, when you signed up as a member on GTPlanet, you agreed to the Terms of Service.
Here's rule #3 from the TOS:
Terms of Service
* No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc.
What I'm trying to tell you is to type slower and more accurately.

Just trying to help you.

On to topic, the best arcade mode for any racing game is GT4 or Midnight Club 3.

Duck7892
 
Sorry i didn't read the terms of service. I would have done all that stuff. Like no i r u. What ever i get it now, and i promise that my typing will be better.

and when we know more about PGR3 and GT5 i'll make a comparison between both of those games. Just to start out the next gen racing games would be like, and to see how much it will have improved on. (like my typing) lol.
 
Master_Yoda
Sorry i didn't read the terms of service. I would have done all that stuff. Like no i r u. What ever i get it now, and i promise that my typing will be better.

and when we know more about PGR3 and GT5 i'll make a comparison between both of those games. Just to start out the next gen racing games would be like, and to see how much it will have improved on. (like my typing) lol.
Great typing! 👍 :cool:
 
I will be looking forward to the next gen comparisons when they come out 👍

Master_Yoda
Sorry i didn't read the terms of service. I would have done all that stuff. Like no i r u. What ever i get it now, and i promise that my typing will be better.

and when we know more about PGR3 and GT5 i'll make a comparison between both of those games. Just to start out the next gen racing games would be like, and to see how much it will have improved on. (like my typing) lol.
 
newbielives
I will be looking forward to the next gen comparisons when they come out 👍
Me to.



P.S. how do i make it so i can quote twice in one post?
 
Master_Yoda
thank you, i don't want to piss people of by double posting.

no problem, i was figuring this out myself like 5 years ago. 💡
 
I'm pretty good friends with "McLaren F1 GTR" on GTPlanet. Both of us will admit that even though we both like GT4, that PGR2 shouldn't be overlooked. Even I hated PGR2 at first, but when I played a demo of this game at a Best Buy, I came up with a thread in the Game Reviews forum called "Confessions about Project Gotham Racing 2 (PGR2)." In this thread, I stated that PGR2 is still a fun game, even if all I've played was a demo of the game. Don't feel bad for playing GT4 and PGR2. In fact, I'll even go to the point of saying "don't feel bad for owning GT4 and Forza" and not have a true favorite among the two.

So in my view, I think PGR2 and GT4 is actually a draw. That is, unless you think GT4 is too tough for you to race with. If you have a PS2 and an XBOX, I say get both if you don't have them already.
 
i agree PGR2 is a very fun arcade racer, and probally my favorite one, only reason i choose GT4 is i like the Endurence races there fun. (and challening when a 200 pt. one like my 24 hr. at the ring.)
 
Back