GT4 - Walkthrough Journey by Shirrako + GTPlanet

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
Hey!
So I got around to playing GT4 again on the PC in 4K 60fps, since I have a Titan X GPU.

I began the game with a car I chose for myself, but I am asking the GTPlanet community to tell me which car to use for certain races, oh and come on, make it realistic!

I'll be playing, you'll be my bosses, similar to B-spec, you get the cars, I drive them as I make my way through the GT Mode in Gran Turismo 4.

Full Playlist of the walkthrough:

You do realize that it's possible to have a million credits after just ten races (three series) in a brand new game, right?

I know the farming method in the rally lobby races where you sell the Toyota, that's the best method i remember from 2005. let me know if there's a better one.

1. Earn the IA license and collect the Nismo 270R Bronze prize car.
2. Win the Capri Rally.
3. Sell the Toyota RSC Rally Raid car and buy a Mercedes SL65.
4. Win the Legends of the Silver Arrow.
5. Use the Mercedes CLK Touring Car to win the DTM.
6. Sell the CLK-GTR for 749,000 credits, That plus the cash you've earned along the way adds up to a million credits.

Repeat Steps 5 & 6 as desired.

Also check out this thread.

1. Earn the IA license and collect the Nismo 270R Bronze prize car.
2. Win the Capri Rally.
3. Sell the Toyota RSC Rally Raid car and buy a Mercedes SL65.
4. Win the Legends of the Silver Arrow.
5. Use the Mercedes CLK Touring Car to win the DTM.
6. Sell the CLK-GTR for 749,000 credits, That plus the cash you've earned along the way adds up to a million credits.

Repeat Steps 5 & 6 as desired.

Also check out this thread.
The Toyota selling method still wins since you get around 1.2 million from 8 races.

To answer the OP, no one is going to tell you exactly which car you should use for each race.
That said for the 1st? race in GT4 the Sunday cup I primarily used a lightly tuned Honda Beat, what other people have used is out there if you care to look.
Car choice is personal and will depend on what you want; do you want to win no matter what, win by as much as possible or have a close race etc, only you can answer that, and your car and skill level will reflect that.

To address the above issue, which has been addressed before the "Toyota Method" ie winning the Capri rally easy is still I believe the quickest A-spec only way to increase funds. However if you don't mind using B-spec & the x3 race speed function (not available in the special conditions hall) then the DTM championship becomes the quickest way to "grind" for cash.

To address the above issue, which has been addressed before the "Toyota Method" ie winning the Capri rally easy is still I believe the quickest A-spec only way to increase funds. However if you don't mind using B-spec & the x3 race speed function (not available in the special conditions hall) then the DTM championship becomes the quickest way to "grind" for cash.
I wondered if @Shirrako was referring to the Capri rally, but he said 1.2 million from eight races; the Capri rally pays less than half that.

Incidentally the Capri rally is not the fastest pure-A-spec way to earn cash; that would be the George V Normal race.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Running the Capri rally four times (eight races) would indeed pay about 1.1 million credits.

Last edited:
I think that you should have transferred 100,000 credits first, then the Licenses and then, the Driving Missions.

I wondered if @Shirrako was referring to the Capri rally, but he said 1.2 million from eight races; the Capri rally pays less than half that.

Incidentally the Capri rally is not the fastest pure-A-spec way to earn cash; that would be the George V Normal race.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Running the Capri rally four times (eight races) would indeed pay about 1.1 million credits.
Haven't played GT4 in ages but I grinded that race for days so the payout is stuck in my mind haha.

Back