GT4 WRS Week 110 : Show me your motion, Tra la la la la

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sphinx
  • 74 comments
  • 5,965 views
You big girl...Well, unless you're an electrician of course? :D

Not even close. :dopey: ;)

Think yards of plastic sheeting and rolls of parcel tape. :sly: :sly:
 
I wont be racing this one guys as I am not keen on slippy cars on such a long track ... just want to wish you all a good race and enjoy :cheers:

Cya's at 111 👍
Cheers
Ron.
 
Last update from me for today...

T3: 1'40.583
T6: 3'26.545
T9: 5'12.300


:D

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Got my replay loaded to the pc without a problem from the maxdrive!
Had a lot of problems with that thing lately. :ouch:
 
Im all over the place with this car when on the limit. :grumpy:
It does a great understeer/4 wheel drift thing when left foot braking round turns....
Im probably just too tired...

After 6 million restarts (thats a lie) i managed to get the car past Angstkurve once, and passed T9: 5'13.034 which i thought was ok, till i read Kent's latest :(
Interestingly, i match you almost tenth for tenth on the first 2 T's, but ive lost a good second by number 9.
Well done there mate 👍

I hope to be running some laps rather than restarts at a later date when ive slept for a bit and have a fresh set of eyes and reaction times...

I think just touring the circuit till the cars behaviour becomes second nature to me is what will bring those seconds that i have seen left on the track in my replay....

Ah well.

It is nice to be posting here again.

Good luck to everyone

:irked:👍
 
hi there;)

had my first practicing session on this neat little combo and managed to obtain splits of

1'38.2xx
bla bla
2'07.6xx

will get a clean lap when another session on sunday is conducted
 
Well I just got FM2 and I was like well I'll go ahead and take a look in the WRS to see whats shaking and lone behold one of my favorite tuned S2000 is up for a run. It's not like I did much on the WRS but now my chances of entering future challenges will be even slimmer.

I have a couple of record holder times in this car, it wont be long for me to post up some quick splits. GLA 👍
 
hi there;)

had my first practicing session on this neat little combo and managed to obtain splits of

1'38.2xx
bla bla
2'07.6xx

will get a clean lap when another session on sunday is conducted

Well there goes my effort for the week... im concerning myself with a close finish with Kent, and then along comes Holl and nox 5 minutes and 6 seconds off the time....

:trouble:👍
 
Mmmmh... :dunce:

I see my splits from the Nurb challenge 2 aren't too far off at the moment,
even though we are running the Amuse S2K with a hundred horses less over there... :confused: :confused: :confused:
Bugs me a little bit... :irked:

Could I eventually be in on this one, even though I'm not yet in a division, Sphinx?
I can run the qualifier race and submit the replay rather quickly (say, within a day).

P.S.: Have to admit that I will rarely participate in future W.R.S. events since, sadly,
I don't have enough time. :yuck: :mad: 🤬 :banghead: This particular combo would interest me
since I spent some time in that car on the 'ring...
 
Mr. Apex, that is perfectly fine indeed! Just make sure you spend at LEAST a couple hours on the qualifier so you get placed in a proper division. Glad to have you here! One race a year is more than none, and always welcome. :cheers:

And yeah, Dan, a bit of a typo there, eh?
 
Found a few seconds...
T3 1'43.343
T6 3'33.232
T9 5'24.261
 
:eek: I was going to sit out the next few weeks, but I love it. Deffinitely playing. :cheers:




Cheers,
Jetboy
 
Well there goes my effort for the week... im concerning myself with a close finish with Kent, and then along comes Holl and nox 5 minutes and 6 seconds off the time....

:trouble:👍

hehe, 5'07 t9, sorry, still 5 secs up, too easy:sly:
 
Had some laps on this last night... first clean lap (lap 2 in a session save btw)

1'42.487 / 3'30.146 / 5'20.004

Had a faster t9 (5'19) but in an unclean lap :grumpy:
 
T3 - 1'42.317
T6 - 3'29.651
T9 - 5'19.081

It's been a while since i've been here, this combo was enough to draw me back though 👍 Skills are very rusty, so lots of improvement to come.
 
I think I'm over my head here but, we gave 'er a go eh. :scared:

1'53.101
4'05.743
6'16.646

I can get much better splits but can't seem to find a clean lap. :ouch:
 
I hope to get more time into this, the top racers make this an embarrassing endeavor.

1'42.398
3'31.982
5'21.900
 
Hello all. Gave it a go.

T3 1'40.633
T6 3.28.026
T9 5'14.737
 
I've got this kinda love/hate thing going on with the 'Ring. I simply adore the track, when I'm driving 'by myself', but I start to hate it when I'm OLR-ing on it. It's just sooo hard to get a clean lap that is still on the edge. :S

If I ease up a little to ensure a clean lap, I usually get the feeling that I'm too slow, that I left too many seconds on the track. If I push it in every conrer to ensure a fast lap, I usually stuff up somewhere, and then I get sooo frustrated :S But still, I can't help but to try again :)

Anyway, 4 session since the start of this combo yielded 2 (!) clean laps, and that'll probably be it for me.

Splits on my fastest so far:
T3: 1'42.457
T6: 3'31.101
T9: 5'20.069
 
Jαke;2676214
I hope to get more time into this, the top racers make this an embarrassing endeavor.

1'42.398
3'31.982
5'21.900



You'll just have to make do with competing against the other mere mortals this week then :) 👍

I hope to get more time on this too, although it is a little frustrating when you take a trip off track 4+ mins into it :crazy:
 
forget it. i screwed up while updaterering luxy :)
 
Could I eventually be in on this one, even though I'm not yet in a division, Sphinx?
I can run the qualifier race and submit the replay rather quickly (say, within a day).

Feel free to run the qualifier as KLR142 suggested. 👍

Mr. Apex, that is perfectly fine indeed! Just make sure you spend at LEAST a couple hours on the qualifier so you get placed in a proper division. Glad to have you here! One race a year is more than none, and always welcome. :cheers:

Good luck. 👍 👍
 
Uh, good grief. I love the 'ring, have driven there personally once in a '98 Impreza Turbo (UK spec, about 250hp). Liked the circuit more than the car, I have to say.

So I manage to squeeze myself into div 2 and then I have this to show for a couple of hours graft:

T3: 1:43.264
T6: 3.34.502
T9: 5:26.something

Think I'm going to put softs on it, get a clean lap, then chase that grippier ghost down.

Which technique (and min corner speeds) are you guys using through the fast 6th gear left hander at about 1m07 (Schwedenkreuz.) I drive this in a very weird way because my chief practice car for the 'ring is a fully mentalised RUF BTR, so I have to left foot brake very gingerly over the crest to get it to be stable. The Amuse sticks, but only to a point!

V.
th.gif
 
Well from memory. I think I've been getting around a 1'40.5 to 1'41.5 for T3, hovering around a 3'29 to 3'30 for T6. But then my T6 has been all over the place, but I'd say average is like 5'22. So I guess it's easy to see where I'm losing time. I'll try to have a go later today, once I've finished my final paper for English.
 
Bah, humbug. :ouch:

1:42.688
3:34.832
5:25.968

Doing OLR with the 'ring is enjoyable, but in some freaky sadomasochistic kind of way. :scared:

The S2000 is great under brakes, it has to be said. Very nice. I think all the engineers in the Amuse garage are getting a bit hacked off dragging all the wrecks of S2000s off the track and replacing suspension corner units.

V.

(P.S. How do I set up a custom avatar? Can anyone point me to an admin who could help? Ta.)
 
I won't be posting any times for this week :(
I can't make it round the course :banghead:

I think theres just too many corners for me to get right!

:mad:

My hairs gone grey :ouch:
 
(P.S. How do I set up a custom avatar? Can anyone point me to an admin who could help? Ta.)
as far as i know you need either to be a premium member ($$$) or reach a post count of 500 in order to pick an avvie of your own. happy posting! :)
 
Ive had enough of this...
I do 120-150 starts and get to Angstkurve once... and then i fall off!

Ive managed two laps in the two sessions ive had, and both of those could easily be faster, a lot faster, i just dont have the time to sit down and lap, so im going to stick with what i got i think, which turned out to be half a second quicker at the line, despite being 2 seconds up during the course...
:mad:

anyway:
T9: 5'12.660

Maybe i'll get one more session in tomorrow...
GLA
:grumpy:👍
 
Love the car, love the track, hate the lack of time I'm able to put into it :( Here is my first clean lap (which I'm submitting aswell):

T3: 1`42.861
T6: 3`31.518
T9: 5`22.436

Happy racing folks 👍
 
Just as with most everyone else's comments it's getting a clean lap that's the real challenge. A couple of sessions and I've gotten a clean:

1:42.098
3:31.149
5:21.660

we'll see what tonight's attempt brings
 
Back