GT4 WRS Week 133 : Official Results

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 44 comments
ok,

When I said all paved areas are track I never considered a second there was a way to shortcut like this.

This shortcutting has nothing to do with the spirit how we race on Laguna seca.

You can blame me on my words I wote down in the race thread but with common sense you could have known the shortcut was wrong.

I don't accept your race.

In the rules it said "All paved areas are track regardless of lines and tracksigns" (phwoar, this WYSIWYG editor is snazzy!) which I took to mean you'd seen the shortcut, but weren't going to tell us to use it to see who figured it out by themselves. It was consistently a part of the track since GT1, and most people should have at least known it was there.

I wonder how many other people have done the same as me... I somehow doubt I'm the only one, such is the competitive nature of these races where even a tenth can make all the difference.

At least I didn't spend hours perfecting it, eh?

Hi All -

Congrats to mtbiker on the promotion. One less of you fast guys I have to deal with :sly:

Now if only I could edge out 01gtp on one of these weeks.

My NTSC replay is attached.

This was the only chance I had to run with 290 gears. Wish I had used the whole time. Saved me some shifts and made for quicker splits.

Either way, another fansastic combo this week from Sjaak.

Will see you all in week 135. Traveling back East again for work this week.

Later
Kevin

Attachments

• EDK_WRS_Wk133.max
    32.6 KB · Views: 9
In the rules it said "All paved areas are track regardless of lines and tracksigns" (phwoar, this WYSIWYG editor is snazzy!) which I took to mean you'd seen the shortcut, but weren't going to tell us to use it to see who figured it out by themselves.

You're right on that rule, but you can also find under the Standard Clean OLR Rules:

- nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

- if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty

Although it ain't clearly stated that you can't use the pit exit lane, you could also have imagined that if it ain't allowed in real-life racing, it isn't allowed here either.

I don't really have an outspoken opinion on this one as I think it's quite funny to use the pitlane, but since we're in a grey area here I believe it's up to the steward to decide. You took a risk and you lost. Don't be afraid of us regarding you as a cheater though, but it may be best to DQ your run in order to prevent it from becoming the new standard.

EDK,

Lap #1, left hander after corkscrew. Right front tire seems off by inches. See photo. I would appreciate someone else having a look at replay.

a>

edk.jpg

EDK,

Lap #1, left hander after corkscrew. Right front tire seems off by inches. See photo. I would appreciate someone else having a look at replay.

I thought lap 2 had 2 corners that were close but clean. First right after T1 and this corner here.

I had a friend here with me to offer a second opinion.

We both considered both to be clean, and it seemed more apparent from the reverse angle.

Of course subject to additional opinions on the lap.

Let me know what you guys see.

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin, exactly why I want another opinion. The photo posted doesn't show as clear as the replay when you stop it. It's so darn close I don't want to be the only opinion on this one. I hope I'm wrong..........!

edit: pic from one angle shows edk is clearly off track.

edk2.jpg

same position on track different angle shows he is on rumbles.

edk3.jpg

With apologies to EDK if there are no other objections I'm satisfied his replay is clean.

PAL replay of my 1st Div1 gold:drool:

Hugo's 3 laps are all good & (needless to say) very fast with right specs.

I obviously ran much taller gears than you, but one thing i noticed was how early you changed and how well you approached each corner. Also carried good speed through that left-hander at T2 split. Well done:tup:

Attachments

• 51719_3797_GRAN_TURIS.max
    30.1 KB · Views: 10
With apologies to EDK if there are no other objections I'm satisfied his replay is clean.

No problem - Glad to know we saw the same thing from that angle! I probably should have mentioned this when I posted the replay so you knew which angle to view.

Still of course subject to review and scrutiny from any of my other fellow WRS'ers

Later
Kevin

Congrats to all the winners - some mighty nice lap times

And I think I may be setting some sort of record, I missed gold this week by .005, also missed gold Week 126 by .012 and Week 124 by .001 :crazy:. On the bright side, I've not had to drag out the AR Max.

On to New York

The only explanation I can come up with is the first pic must have the car in the air bouncing over the rumbles, thus showing the grass between the rumbles and the tire. :boggled:

You can't see the effects of the bounce from the second picture and the wheel is clearly over the rumbles. I guess the important thing here is to check from several angles and Make every attempt at getting it right. :dunce::dunce:

Again, apologies for any confusion!!

having problems w/ the max drive, copied from the sony fine but when the
autostart begins it runs for 3 seconds and nothing, any ideas ?
it usually starts the program but nothing, talked w/ jake but not in town
friday nite we'll try to possibly reformat
sorry

having problems w/ the max drive, copied from the sony fine but when the
autostart begins it runs for 3 seconds and nothing, any ideas ?
it usually starts the program but nothing, talked w/ jake but not in town
friday nite we'll try to possibly reformat
sorry

Is the disk clean? or perhaps you used the pc disk.

Clemi_uk's replay is clean,fast and very consistent.👍
Great laps to watch.
You are officially an official Div.1 racer now.

Cheers.

kids don't do this at home
just deleted files off my memory card so have no way to prove laps for
week 133 @ Laguna
so please dq my times and in the future i'll be more careful w/ this max stuff
don't know that the max drive works either, tried something else and deleted chuk's stuff too :grumpy:

Kevin
thankyou very much for the assurance that we are not the only ones who have troubles w/ the max drive

kids don't do this at home
just deleted files off my memory card

Welcome to the club, Kenny! :ouch:

I never mentioned this to the group, but I managed to wipe out an entire memory card and corrupt the data while uploading the lap from my first gold (Wk 115? Evo at Seattle Rvs) :dunce:

I think while using the max drive program, I tried backing out of a screen before all of the drive contents had reloaded. I got lucky and the replay remained on my max drive, but my 100% GT4 & GT3 game saves, my game save for GTA San Andreas, along with countless other hours spent on the PS2 were lost forever. :grumpy:

The good news - I now would consider it to be a worthwhile sacrifice. Due to all of the progress I've made in my driving (Including finally giving up that auto shift pacifier) and to interact with the great group here in WRS.👍

I have faith that you and Chuk had clean runs, and regretably accept a potential win by default. :indiff:

Between illegal shortcuts, close calls and deleted game saves, this might be a week to forget in the WRS. :crazy:

Good Racing.

Later
Kevin

Back