• Power: (+20%) 124 hp
  • Weight: (-10%) 575 kg
  • Driving Aids: Any
  • Top Speed: NA
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Sports - Soft
y-vqcIP6LwsYRZLhKXFr1sBZJ1U0abyg0163.jpg

Week 145 Race Specifics:

You must set the 'Tyres' / 'Tires' to Sports Soft, the 'AI Cars' to -3 and ensure that you select the 'Roof' to 'Open' / 'Convertable'.

7re9fp-TBBhj+CGw9C-VqjLKyuQ5pZm60163.jpg

This won't take too long to find but you must have the A1 as the Citroen Xsara VTR '03 which must also be on Sports - Soft.

ASmjfvXT7fTrBNtiVMAJDVyT599MhfJh0163.jpg

In 'Options' / 'Arcade' set the number of laps to 10.

G8dARYnZCmSh4B9Vj2+GJqDJDgx80JLz0163.jpg

The major twist this week is that you must pit every lap, except at the end of lap 10, we of course make our way to the finish line for this lap. When you pit you must keep your tyres/tires to Sports - Soft and set 'Refuel' to No:

CXw5+JK15YjchFJlvQFErl6XGNNKIt9A0163.jpg

Wall and AI Contact:

Div 1: Only one AI touch is allowed.

Div 2: Only one wall touch and only one AI touch are allowed.

Div 3: Only two wall touches and two A1 touches are allowed.

100% would be nice though :)

Caution. Wall and AI touches are subject to possible early changes.

Stewards Comments:

The idea behind this race is that you have to try and keep ahead of the AI in order to get a good overall race time, if not, then you'll have to chase the lady for a while. :) If you can't manage to keep ahead, don't worry as all is not lost because the A1 isn't that hard to pass, but it may cost you a bit of time if you catch up with the AI in the wrong place (a tight corner for example).

I have no idea if this will work, but as a person who likes the odd flutter, I'm prepared to gamble. :sly:

I'm sure there will be questions, maybe you've noticed an error? Then feel free to comment.

Good Luck. :sly::sly::sly::sly::sly:

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible unless stated in the Race Specifics section of this weeks race
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Single Race Replay' icon)
Thread rules:

The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time
Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM to me (Sphinx):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include the correct race week in the subject line when sending via PM (Private Message)
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Monday 4th February 9pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified
  • Those who have .xps or .sps files, can they please convert them to .max before submission

Now that's mad 👍 :mischievous:

Question #1: When pitting in, do we select 'keep current' (which results in a drive through without stopping) or do we put a new set of soft tires? The picture shows us to select soft tires, but before that you typed "must keep your tires"

Now that's mad 👍 :mischievous:

Question #1: When pitting in, do we select 'keep current' (which results in a drive through without stopping) or do we put a new set of soft tires?

You put a new set of Sports - Soft tyres on.

I know it's mad, but it's an interesting mad. :sly:

This is a great combo as I just ran a few testers on it earlier tonight to give Jerry a 2nd opinion :) It's gonna be tough for a few laps to get the feel of it and work out the laptimes you need to stay ahead of the AI but it will fall into place ... it can be done 100% clean though and thats with staying in 1st place all the way through!
I never managed a full race in 1st place as I only ran it for a short stint and mucked up around lap 4 or 5 but I know with effort its not an impossible task!
Great combo choice and looking forward to devoting some proper time to it 👍

Thanks, Ron. It's good to hear that you'll devote more time to this. I also plan to.
I just hope I can get a clean one. ;)

This looks like it could be fun,:scared:despite the fact that I am now convinced beyond all doubt that Jerry is related to the Marquis de Sade. :):)

well that's a lot of work you did for us mr. wrs steward! 👍
dono if i like the combo tho LOL (hey, my shift key works). it's a darn tight city track ... even tho i can make 2 wall touches, it's still so many laps to concentrate. oh well, i'll give it a shot.

The major twist this week is that you must pit every lap, except at the end of lap 10, we of course make our way to the finish line for this lap. When you pit you must keep your tyres/tires to Sports - Soft and set 'Refuel' to No:
i'm confused by the 'keep your tyres' passage. to me 'keep' means no tyre change but setting it to s3 in gt4 would mean new tyres. i assume you mean that we change to new tyres but that they should remain to be the same softs. correct?
thanks!~

another question would be how to administer this combo in luxy. what t's and what laps to report? i'd say t2 (if there is one, otherwise t1) for laps 3, 6 and 9.

i'm confused by the 'keep your tyres' passage. to me 'keep' means no tyre change but setting it to s3 in gt4 would mean new tyres. i assume you mean that we change to new tyres but that they should remain to be the same softs. correct?

Yes. You "keep" using Sport - Soft tyres, not change to Sports - Hards or even Sports - Mediums.

Imprint this image in your mind and you won't go wrong:
CXw5+JK15YjchFJlvQFErl6XGNNKIt9A0163.jpg

another question would be how to administer this combo in luxy. what t's and what laps to report? i'd say t2 (if there is one, otherwise t1) for laps 3, 6 and 9.

It's up to you guys how you do it, but I like the idea of posting lap times. Laps 1, 4, 8 for example?

I tried some time trial laps and one race (until I messed it on lap 6) and I'm already loving this! This race is fantastic, this old car handles nicely, it's not hard to keep clean, and the secret is to avoid mistakes, because the Citroen will be there! Now I know why you chose this specific opponent. Before racing it, I was bored because I had to restart the race 7 times or so to get this car. But then I realized that it was a very careful pick, as we can start in 1st place, so no need to worry about passing it on the first lap, and when I get out of the pits the car's there, around 1 second behind, looking for a mistake 👍 I actually lost 2 seconds once and then I came out of the pits in 2nd, but I could pass it easily on the first straight. The problem is that, if my laptimes don't improve, it will keep there, and additional mistakes will make it worse 👍

Without any more words to describe this challenge, I'll run a few more laps right away :bowdown:

I tried some time trial laps and one race (until I messed it on lap 6) and I'm already loving this! This race is fantastic, this old car handles nicely, it's not hard to keep clean, and the secret is to avoid mistakes, because the Citroen will be there! Now I know why you chose this specific opponent. Before racing it, I was bored because I had to restart the race 7 times or so to get this car. But then I realized that it was a very careful pick, as we can start in 1st place, so no need to worry about passing it on the first lap, and when I get out of the pits the car's there, around 1 second behind, looking for a mistake 👍 I actually lost 2 seconds once and then I came out of the pits in 2nd, but I could pass it easily on the first straight. The problem is that, if my laptimes don't improve, it will keep there, and additional mistakes will make it worse 👍

Without any more words to describe this challenge, I'll run a few more laps right away :bowdown:

That's it, you've got the idea now. 👍

I'm glad it all came together once you started racing this combo.

Let's just hope others do. :)

Haha Jerry this one looks cool, i needed a change from just the one lap perfection deal. Im gonna get right on it, cheers ;)

Without having any clean runs, I'm getting 17.0 and 50.9 on the first lap and 36.7 and 1'10.5 on the other laps. I'm not pushing too hard so that it it clean and consistant. I could go some tenths lower on sector 2 but that's risky.

One question? does it matter which car your up against because i get the bug and a citroen c3???

edit Honda civic
honda jazz
honda oddessy

woo hoo got it the Citroen Xsara VTR.

crack!! crack!! witht the whip man i have to really push this little toy car to stay infront :P

This race is no good for me, every second lap i have to stop or ram the ai in the S's, the car won't give me anymore and i need .1 to .2 a lap. Its leaving me in the worst place possible everytime i come out the pits.

Monsieur, wiz zeez rayzeez, yur reelly spoiling urz.....

I dont know where you came up with the idea Jerry, but i like your style.

I will have a go at this one if its not too hard, maybe tomorrow after work....

Good job

:irked:👍

I am loving this combo, it works very well at this track.

My only question is getting to race that car. I am assuming I need to exit and go through everything again to change cars im against? But, after numerous tries, I still havent recieved that car as an opponent. Is there something that I am missing?

I had a sudden trip to florida for work, that's why I havent competed in a couple weeks, but I am back now and enjoying this as much as I did my first week.

I am loving this combo, it works very well at this track.

My only question is getting to race that car. I am assuming I need to exit and go through everything again to change cars im against? But, after numerous tries, I still havent recieved that car as an opponent. Is there something that I am missing?

I had a sudden trip to florida for work, that's why I havent competed in a couple weeks, but I am back now and enjoying this as much as I did my first week.

Took me 15 attempts to find the Xsara as the opponent the first time I set up this combo for testing, then later when i booted it again it was there in 3 attempts :dopey: it will show eventually ;)

Yep, sorry guys but it's the only way to get the car. Any other car just won't work.

You'll see what I mean once you get it and drive against it. ;)

My question is, "Do we have to beat the AI?" My first attempt found the AI to be the winner. I'm sure my laps will be faster in the days to come, which should find me winning. Just wanted to know.
The Lotus is awesome on this track. I found it weird to take that last corner, it seemed to last forever. At first I kept going by the pits. :crazy:

Man, staying in front of the ai is out of reach for me right now but I can see it :drool: 1'10.7 t2s when I'm on but not consistant. I got passed on lap 4 and almost got it back on lap 8 but did not want to risk getting wapped on the pit exit, first complete race just so I could see what that last roundy round looked like :sly:

Another good one Jerry 👍

Thanks for answering my questions Jerry.

About setting up the board:
It's up to you guys how you do it, but I like the idea of posting lap times. Laps 1, 4, 8 for example?
Excellent idea. Members, please post your laptimes for laps 1, 4 and 8 but do NOT post your total times.

Me i no like this combo, sorry mates :guilty:

My humblest apologies to the Esteemed Community, but I'm not able to submit this week.:grumpy: It's less than forty-eight hours before the food begins to arrive at the new restaurant and the tenths we fight for on the track are just as precious to me here as I ride my confidence that the Missus and I will make this happen!!!
I have to ride,for now, through 01gtp and georgetheracer, fellow LAN racers who help us build a restaurant. Kenny and I painted the front dining room, and George and I finished the kitchen, from ceiling to floor. Both Barbara and I have been amazed and humbled by their contributions, and I want to begin to say "Thank You.":cool::cheers:

RACE ON!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Oh oh oh, so close, I think I can do it now :) On lap six pit exit I new it was gonna be real close but I decided to get way inside and see, sure enough the ai bumped my rear, he taped me again on lap 8 exit so I let him by on lap 9 and quickly overtook him on the straight. Other then being hit I was clean, so another 1,000 tries and I'll get it ;)

Luxy init as suggested by the steward for laps 1, 4 and 8 with fake laptimes. First lap postings are welcome from now!

Like the others i tried about 12 times to get the Xsara and then gave up ... should have tried harder :ouch: but would prolly have given up very soon anyway because i'd go from wall-bump to wall-bump anyway :(

It's less than forty-eight hours before the food begins to arrive at the new restaurant and the tenths we fight for on the track are just as precious to me here as I ride my confidence that the Missus and I will make this happen!!!
I wish you and your missus all the luck in the world to make your dream happen 👍 If you need another chef just hoot and I'll jump into my kitchen suit :) Linkage to your new place please?
I was hired yesterday for a great new place (sorry it's in dutch only) so I can almost feel what you guys must be feeling ...

My question is, "Do we have to beat the AI?"

You don't have to beat it, but it's in your best interest to try and stay out in front for as long as possible in order to avoid any problems you may get whilst attempting to pass the AI.

I personally have only mangaged to stay in front for 5 laps and I can't see any way for me to keep in front for all of them. :scared:

Luxy init as suggested by the steward for laps 1, 4 and 8 with fake laptimes.

Thanks. 👍

Lap 1 postings will be the interesting lap to compare as it will give us a good idea as to whom has managed to master this combo. :)

Sphinx... You've outdone yourself. This is a completely fascinating combo and, for the first time in ages, I'm tempted to give it a whirl (if I can tear myself away from GT5P/COD4 for long enough).

It's almost a Nine Boards style race.

👍

Sphinx... You've outdone yourself. This is a completely fascinating combo and, for the first time in ages, I'm tempted to give it a whirl (if I can tear myself away from GT5P/COD4 for long enough).

It's almost a Nine Boards style race.

👍

Cheers.

GT5P and COD4!! Now that's what I call a deadly combination. I have the same. :sly:

Go ahead and give it shot. It should only take about 10 mins max to find the correct AI, and then you're all set to go. 👍👍

I've been running the Elan around Opera in time trial and chasing the ghost to improve on my lines. A good method to try for those who need a bit of practice on this track.

Id say its all about Lap 1, and a very consistent (and fast!) pit lane entry.
Famine in the WRS thread? :crazy:
Im surprised Daan isnt here too..... he's fond of the Elan....

As for staying in front the whole race.... thats a job for Phattman

:irked:👍

Just managed a good run and was keeping well ahead of the AI right through to the end of lap 5. I was going really well, until I realised I had the number of laps set to 5. :dopey: :dunce:

Edit:

I'm not going to claim that I've managed to keep ahead of the AI for the whole race because I had a slight AI touch coming out of the pit on lap 7, but it was very very close. :nervous:

1'34.192
1'53.384
1'53.189

Back