GT4 WRS Week 156 : Official Results (Complete)

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 31 comments

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx
Congrats to Toffe for winning Division one, ๐Ÿ‘ and well done to Cmir and arora for the remaining podium places. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Quiksilver_GT wins Division Two and has been rewarded with a promotion to the scary world of Division One racing. ๐Ÿ‘ Also, congrats to Strop and BenSRD for taking up the remaining podiums. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Congrats to EDK for winning Division Three, ๐Ÿ‘ and to Andy2125 and OnlyMe for the remaining podium places. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Thanks to everyone who took part. ๐Ÿ‘

Week 156 Results:
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01 @ Apricot Hill Raceway

uu94ayx0ljEX7L0sypt8dI0n2NBofDsy0280.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times.

Division 1:
  1. 1:13.601 - Toffe
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:13.698 - Cmir
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  3. 1:13.749 - arora
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:13.750 ----- Gold
    1:13.750 ----- Bronze
  4. 1:13.839 - Austin343
Division 2:
  1. 1:14.165 - Quiksilver_GT
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:14.167 - Strop
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:14.250 ----- Gold
  3. 1:14.497 - BenSRD
  4. 1:14.609 - esh
  5. 1:14.704 - 2078TM
    1:15.750 ----- Bronze
  6. 1:15.932 - CyborgGT
  7. 1:16.683 - nurburgring
Division 3:
  1. 1:14.596 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:14.703 - Andy2125
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:15.000 ----- Gold
  3. 1:15.170 - OnlyMe
  4. 1:15.267 - 01GTP
  5. 1:15.387 - gtbadboy
  6. 1:15.539 - Bigracer
  7. 1:16.313 - 2k2 Z28
    1:17.000 ----- Bronze
  8. 1:18.063 - georgetheracer
  9. 1:19.051 - h18ant
gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Racing - Soft (Front) / Racing - Mediums (Rear) and that the power is 498 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

Yep, I was last. :dopey: Seems like a bunch of the faster ones yet again did not submit, however... About time, Quiksilver_GT! You've been very fast for quite a while. That was close at the top of the board, though! :eek: And EDK, it seems only a matter of time until you get promoted, too. ๐Ÿ‘

Oh, and welcome, 2k2 Z28, and welcome back, BenSRD. Hope the first week was fun. Congratulations to all podium spots!

Looks like most of the Div1 guys are busy in the GT5P reconnaisance business. Well done to all 1-2-3ยดs, and many cheers for Steve to get into the alien division so smoothly :bowdown:, and Kevin, when the hell are you going to be promoted? :)

Well im gob smacked...the win for D2 and a promotion, things couldn't get much better really :)

But things are gonna get scary being up in D1 but gonna enjoy every moment of it.

Also like to say congrats to strop for a so close call of .002. and also to toffe and EDK for there division wins

QUIK!

Congratulations to Toffe, Qik and EDK. This week was a tough race and my arms are still aching from trying to beat that hot lap. Two sessions and it just wasn't to be, the one chance I had I screwed up at the final chicane. Beaten by a bees-dick!!! Close racing anyway and good luck competing with the aliens Quik.

First race with the DFP-GT too and a gold augurs well for it's future in GT5 racing. To be within half a second of such a class field is an honour guys.

Beaten by a bees-dick!!!

Ouch!! that must have stung :P hahaha sorry mate dont take a Strop I just couldn't resist :sly: ... You'll get him next time mate ๐Ÿ‘

Well done to all the winners and podium runners :cheers:

Congratulations to Toffe for the tight win this week.๐Ÿ‘
Well done to all golds, especially Quiksilver and EDK for your division wins.
The times are so tight through D1 and D2.
And to D3 for mixing in with D2, way to go guys.

Congrats to Quiksilver on the promo to D1.:cheers:

Congrats to all the tops ๐Ÿ‘ And Steve for the promo, nice work. Some good racing even though alot of us are dabling with gt5p.

If I knew my arse was gonna be handed to me in the last sector I'd have ran another set :embarrassed:

Kindly Verified as clean by EDK & Strop.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• arora 156 ntsc.max
    20.8 KB · Views: 7
Congrats to all Div winners and podiums :cheers:.......great racing this week and real fine combo Jerry.

Kevin your really putting down the laps, nice running this week.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Congrats to Toffe for the division win. ๐Ÿ‘

Double congrats to Quicksilver for the division win and the promotion. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Great job by CMir, arora, Strop and Andy for their gold runs. :cheers:

Most of the divisions could have gone either way and the splits did not mean much with that last chicane. Some nice, tight racing all around this week. :crazy:

Drew, nice to get you in here and good job with a Silver run on your first week. :)

Thanks for all of the support and kind words. :embarrassed: It's my MO to have one of these and fall right back in the middle of the pack on the next week. Will have to see if I can string a few of these together :mischievous:, although I have my work cut out for me on a track I am not very familiar with this week. :nervous:

Anyhow, enough rambling from me, my NTSC replay is attached for review and scrutiny. I am also grabbing Erik's to review now.

:cheers:
Kevin

EDIT:Erik (arora) is clean and green. Correct tires (on each end) and HP. A very nice, smooth run. You gave me a clinic on the esses. ๐Ÿ‘

Kindly Verified as clean by Strop.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• EDK WRS 156 NTSC.max
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
Whoa.... That was really unexecpteded... I didn't thought that lap was good.... Actually other WRS weeks have felt a lot better, and then I have ended up much further down. :confused:To be honest I thought I would end up in the end of dv1, especially considering that I couldn't race with the DFP this week because of various reasons, that's why I didn't post that that many T's... Darn, I must become better at that.:ouch:

Congrats to all podium finishers this week and thanks to Sphinx for a great combo!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Here'tis

Kindly Verified as clean by 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS-156-Strop.max
    23.9 KB · Views: 6
I knew I should have put some more work into it. I guess I'm happy I didn't get last, but at the same time, I barely made silver div-3 time :ouch:

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome! I think this will be very fun! :cool:

Still somewhat shaking the dust off, but glad to see a silver time this week!

I just checked Strop's replay. Its clean and with the correct specs. 498 HP, RS/RM, Practice and 1'14.167.

A little deep on a few corners may have cost you a couple of tenths and certainly the D2 win.

Nice controlled driving Strop.๐Ÿ‘

Unexpected... But though I came close to the win, I know I'm far from the top times, with GTX's 1'12 and holl's lap which I'd bet it's a very low 1'12 or a 1'11. Just 1 more week of DS1 and then it's back to G25 and faster times :sly: Congratulations to the whole Division 1 where everyone came very close, as well as to the other divisions, with interesting results and close wins (0.002!)

Here's my lap (PAL)

Kindly Verified as clean by Sphinx.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS156CMir.max
    18.8 KB · Views: 6
Just 1 more week of DS1 and then it's back to G25 and faster times :sly:

I know the feeling. I have been using the dfp again for a couple weeks and I'm still not 100%, but its still better than ds2. Its more immersing.

Checked arora's and EDK's replays. Both clean and correct specs, nice driving guys.

Checked arora's and EDK's replays. Both clean and correct specs, nice driving guys.

Thanks Strop, for the replay check. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ Looking forward to meeting and trying to keep up with you at SFGTP3. Also interested to see that Frankenstein wheel setup of yours. :sly:

:cheers:
Kevin

Here Andy's replay for your reviewing pleasure. I allready checked it and it's clean and green (although there's a close call in the left-right combo just after T1 :crazy:)

Kindly Verified as clean by CMir & OnlyMe.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• Andy2125_WRS156_PAL.max
    20.6 KB · Views: 6
Here's my replay, I hope it's the right one:dunce:.

Kindly Verified as clean by CMir.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS_156_Toffe_pal.max
    20.5 KB · Views: 5
ok i did a 1'12.295 that i submitted, sphinx failed to be clear with the rule he supposedly imposed on me that i had to post a replay before the deadline for my lap to be valid, a crazy rule in my opinion, where the hell am i supposed to post it??? i'm not going to upload it in the main thread because its before the deadline, and i'm only going to upload it once and it will be here in the gtplanet database so that all gtplanet members can have access to it for as long as my account is up, Jerry did not pm me once, stating clearly the rule that he imposed, he only mentioned it once in the general thread, a post that i may or may not have read.... so if my time is not put up by a moderator then i will never race the wrs series again while sphinx is a moderator

Jerry did not pm me once, stating clearly the rule that he imposed, he only mentioned it once in the general thread, a post that i may or may not have read....

May or may not have read ????

You replied to the damn post, you even quoted it in your reply to it, you therefore acknowledged it. :dopey:

so if my time is not put up by a moderator then i will never race the wrs series again while sphinx is a moderator

That's entirely up to you. All I wanted was for you to follow the rules like everyone else, but you couldn't even follow this simple rule. :rolleyes:

sphinx failed to be clear with the rule he supposedly imposed on me that i had to post a replay before the deadline for my lap to be valid, a crazy rule in my opinion, where the hell am i supposed to post it??? Jerry did not pm me once, stating clearly the rule that he imposed, he only mentioned it once in the general thread, a post that i may or may not have read.... so if my time is not put up by a moderator then i will never race the wrs series again while sphinx is a moderator

Jerry has been more than patient with you. You started racing here again in week 151, 5 races ago. That is the only week that you were able to provide a VALID replay as requested.

You are fast and none of us doubt that.

But there is no reason you should be able to play by a different set of rules than the rest of us. What you are stating above is irrelevant. Unless you have a valid replay to provide, your lap will not be counted in the official results for the week. So whether you have to turn it in when you submit the lap or within one week, what is the difference?

If you were genuinely concerned about playing by the rules and having a fair environment here, you would not question the decision but would be working to provide the requested replay, for this week, or 152, or 153, or 154..........you get my drift.

At this point, you are just causing distractions for the rest of us who make an honest effort to follow the rules. So choosing not to race here while you are not able to follow the rules might be the best thing you can do for the WRS.

ok i did a 1'12.295 that i submitted, sphinx failed to be clear with the rule he supposedly imposed on me that i had to post a replay before the deadline for my lap to be valid, a crazy rule in my opinion, where the hell am i supposed to post it.... so if my time is not put up by a moderator then i will never race the wrs series again while sphinx is a moderator

You have been asked to submit your time with a replay. Why should Sphinx take the time to include your time in the final results (which I think are based on all sub'd laps), and then DQ you due to an incorrect replay format. A video is not official.

All I wanted was for you to follow the rules like everyone else, but you couldn't even follow this simple rule.

Its just a simple max drive system. Are they not available in Australia?
You did post that you are hunting one down. No luck yet?

EDK
Jerry has been more than patient with you. You started racing here again in week 151, 5 races ago. That is the only week that you were able to provide a VALID replay as requested.
You are fast and none of us doubt that.
So whether you have to turn it in when you submit the lap or within one week, what is the difference?
So choosing not to race here while you are not able to follow the rules might be the best thing you can do for the WRS.

I have to agree with Sphinx, arora, and Kevin on this issue.

holl01, rules are rules and need to be followed.

Sphinx has to enforce the rules and has the choice to make provisions (imposed or not) for some along the way.

Sphinx is being very patient with Austin over the same issue. Austin has stated that he is trying, where as you stated basically (early on) that you don't need one due to the short life span of GT4 and the WRS. Your attitude at that time was not needed. Its not needed now.

With the future of WRS and GT5, new people will want to join and the WRS administration has a handle on the issues.

For you, holl01 its the max replay. No other issue that I see. Your fast and should prove it officially or not at all.

Rules are rules.

๐Ÿ‘ Sphinx ๐Ÿ‘

holl01, you're one fast puppy dog that's for sure but on this one I come down on the side of our mod. Hell man, if you need a max drive I'll send one. I'm on a small retirement income but by hells creation I'll go fine you the darn thing.

Why does anyone rate being able to play on a different playing field. I think Sphinx has over extended himself with you and several others trying to reach an accommodation so that everyone feels "equal" by rule.

With all due respect, your statement about not being a part of WRS so long as Sphinx is the Steward smacks of my 6 year old grand daughter pitching a fit because her mother told her she couldn't have a candy bar.

IMHO don't let the door hit you in the back side on the way out. I shall miss your postings and the opportunity to view your talented driving skills but without rules we have chaos. I'll shall raise a glass of my favorite bourbon in honor of your departure.

You come into this world with two things. Your immortal soul, if you believe in such things and your integrity, neither of which can be taken from you by man. You've managed to lose the later on your own!!

rule #1: follow the rules
rule#2: refer to rule #1

Onward!

Sorry for the wait guys slipped my mind for a while...

Kindly Verified as clean by CMir.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• QUIK_Week_156.max
    20.7 KB · Views: 5
Back