GT4 WRS Week 157 : Official Results (Complete)

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 27 comments

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx
Congrats to crx1299 for an impressive win in division 1. ๐Ÿ‘ Strop grabs the division 2 win ๐Ÿ‘ and Andy2125 takes the division 3 win. ๐Ÿ‘ Well done to all the remaining poduim places; Mr P, Toffe, EDK(promoted to division 2), 2078TM, 01GTP and h18ant. Well done all. ๐Ÿ‘

Week 157 Results:

HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 ‘04 @ Deep Forest Reverse

Msx3KayqiaqpXZTT19zQsP1VXkMNSJSc0280.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times.

Division 1:
  1. 1:20.071 - crx1299
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:20.203 - Mr P
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:20.250 ----- Gold
  3. 1:20.385 - Toffe
  4. 1:20.432 - arora
  5. 1:20.661 - KLR142
    1:20.750 ----- Bronze
  6. 1:20.841 - CMir
Division 2:
  1. 1:20.981 - Strop
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:21.173 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:21.250 ----- Gold
  3. 1:21.313 - 2078TM
  4. 1:21.487 - raz_10
    1:21.500 ----- Bronze
  5. 1:21.674 - waynz
Division 3:
  1. 1:21.489 - Andy2125
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:22.000 ----- Gold
  2. 1:22.009 - 01GTP
  3. 1:22.524 - h18ant
  4. 1:22.574 - jbell
  5. 1:22.763 - 2K2 Z28
    1:24.000 ----- Bronze
  6. 1:24.514 - georgetheracer
  7. 1:24.827 - Bigracer
  8. 1:25.210 - yaywalter
gtbadboy DQ
rflagnv1.gif
(failed to follow race specifics)

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Sports - Soft and that the power is 417 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

Great job to all podiums, and to everyone taming this beast! Crx, you must have done only a last-minute session - why didn't you post T's in the thread? Because that win certainly came out of the blue. No worries, but I bet Mr P was expecting to take the top spot. ;) Good to see you back here.

Wow, I really was way off the pace this week. The best I could do with my AT was 1:21.3xx, and that was hard to achieve. Learning manual should be second on my list of GT priorities, behind getting a MaxDrive... It was still lots of fun, though, or course.

EDK, I knew that was coming. And I bet you did too! You're plenty quick to win there, as I can see this week. :eek:

Congrats to all who run this one ๐Ÿ‘ Congrats to CRX for the surprise win also .. next time some splits would be nice as you obviously saw ours ๐Ÿ‘

Here's my replay and a video of my lap ..

Cheers
Ron. :cheers:

Kindly Verified as clean by CMir.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• Ron WRS 157.max
    21.1 KB · Views: 7
Crx, you must have done only a last-minute session - why didn't you post T's in the thread? Because that win certainly came out of the blue.
next time some splits would be nice as you obviously saw ours ๐Ÿ‘
Will do next time. I didn't mean to ambush like this but my time was/is tight. My finals are coming up. I ran a couple dozen laps and sent my replay and time to Sphinx just to get over with it immediately. Still, it wasn't impossible to post splits. Srry.

About my run: Boy, this car is the definition of imbalance;it was very hard to keep it together at the first corner resulting in relatively inconsistent times. I think it was tuned for drag racing or something. My first two sectors were ok but I shifted into 6th from 4th and back to 5th in the last sector-probably equivelant lifting off for a moment.

Sphinx has the 4 raw files if anyone needs them.

Kindly Verified as clean by 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• crx_1299_week_157.max
    25.6 KB · Views: 11
Congratulations to CRX, and the always fast Mr.P on DivI golds. ๐Ÿ‘
Strop edged out EDK in his premiere up in DivII. I suspect EDK will rain terror in your hearts up there before too long.๐Ÿ‘
Finally congrats to Andy2125 for pushing me to the limit. A word of caution Andy, don't get too comfortable 'cause as soon as 01GTP gets over his shoulder operation he'll have us both on the run.:scared::mischievous:

Finally ๐Ÿ‘ to all who participated this week and to our Steward for another great selection to run all week. :cheers:

I'll get a replay up later this evening.

Edit: hope this is the correct replay.

Kindly Verified as dirty by gtbadboy.
rflagnv1.gif
rflagnv1.gif
rflagnv1.gif

Attachments

• gtbadboy_week157.max
    24.9 KB · Views: 10
Congrats to all the winners!

Clearly I need some practice... ;)

Congratulations to crx1299 and Mr P for taking the top 2 spots.
To all of D1, congrats, just for being so fast, always. :bowdown:

Congrats to Strop and gtbadboy for your divisional wins.
Well done to all the gold and podium spots this week .

Nice to see some new/not so new names here this week.

A very big Congratulations to EDK for the promotion to D2, way to go man.
I told you to lay off the WRS earlier this week, see what you did, you went faster and ended up in D2.
Well done Kevin. :cheers:

Thanks to Sphinx for supplying a combo that was plenty fun. ๐Ÿ‘

Congrats to CRX1299, Strop and gtbadboy for the division wins. :cheers:

Congrats to all the podiums and everyone who managed a clean run. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks to Jerry for another fantastic combo. Don't know how you manage to keep these original with a new challenging twist every week.

Wow - I guess I'm racing with the big boys now. Will see if I can hang with you guys every week. :scared: I'll miss my D3 battles with Kenny, RonB, Bart and Andy, but I'm guessing at least a couple of you guys will be right behind me. And now I have the added pressure of staving off the D3 guys every week. :crazy:

I've grabbed badboy and CRX's replays and will be back in a bit with my report. In the mean time, my NTSC replay is attached for review. I'm on the concrete with the rights and the rumbles with the lefts in the turn just after T2, but that seems to be a common theme. :dopey:

EDIT:Thanks to Mr. P as well, for posting his PAL video replay for us NTSC users to view and learn from. Great run, Ron. :bowdown:

Can another NTSC user try to pull and view CRX's replay? I assume he is NTSC, since he is from the USA and I believe Kenny viewed his replay for week 155. I tried to pull it and it does not show up on my memory card in the game. I can see it from the max drive, but not in the game, and I tried twice.

Kindly Verified as clean by O1GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• EDK_WRS_157_NTSC.max
    25.4 KB · Views: 8
Congrats to all the podium members this week. Great times at the top as usual, I really have to learn how to take hairpins like Ron does, pretty to watch. Welcome again to crx1299, you look like the best chance we have yet to give Dan some gas. Would love to hear how long you've been playing GT4 and why you haven't been racing up to now?

And of course welcome to DivII to EDK, I'm sure you're going to be pushing me right hard every week so I'll say it now ... bring it on :) I don't think I'll be going alien any time soon but I seem to be losing my middle of the pack in DivII status, and having fun at the same time.

Replay to follow just as soon as I find my maxdrive. This one's so clean it's embarassing, I definitely left lunch and a half bag of chips on the table here.

EDK
Can another NTSC user try to pull and view CRX's replay? I assume he is NTSC, since he is from the USA and I believe Kenny viewed his replay for week 155.

Did you have trouble with the replay, Kevin?
He did state that Sphinx has the raw data files.

I think crx1299 may have a problem with the max software as I use to.
If so and crx1299 reads this, here is a tutorial on how to convert those files for us to view.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2906568&postcount=1

I did view his Nurburgring run.
Just the same I will be viewing all NTSC I can tomorrow am.

Congrats to all division winners! Congrats to EDK with his promotion, well done!! Finally a change for us *real* D3 guys to win again ;).

Your welcome gtbadboy, although I preffered to win myself ;). Very nice last sector, I really thought I did that well.

@Sphinx: I've always provided my replay with the help from Bart. Do I have to get one myself?

@Sphinx: I've always provided my replay with the help from Bart. Do I have to get one myself?

Sorry, mate. I must've had a senior moment and mistook you name for Austin343.

I'll remove the comment. :dopey:

EDK's lap is clean and with the correct specs. 417 hp SS/SS practice and 1'21.173.
Nicely done Kevin. With a bit of sliding the car like that, you look more the D2 type now.

I too am having trouble viewing crx's replay. Will try a different memory card, this one says that replay 7 already exists, but it does not.

EDIT
I can not view crx's replay either. I'm guessing its a problem with the conversion.
Hopefully for crx he checks in more this week and notices we have a problem with the replay.
I'm sure he does not want a DQ already.

Like Kevin said, its seems to uncrush fine, but it does not appear on the memory card.

EDIT: Problem with crx is solved. The software is not converting the files.

Welcome again to crx1299, you look like the best chance we have yet to give Dan some gas. Would love to hear how long you've been playing GT4 and why you haven't been racing up to now?
Thanks, good to be back. About Dan, he is fast; However, nobody is faster than the laws of nature-or laws of the game:). Keeping that in mind, I try to give my best to each WRS and focus solely on my performance.

I'm also aware that I have not introduced myself. I guess it is unfair to just pop out of nowhere and act all mysterious-not my intention. I have an hour before I leave for library. Thought I could introduce myself. Will post the link to "Hey you.. Introduce..." threat when I'm done.
I too am having trouble viewing crx's replay. Will try a different memory card, this one says that replay 7 already exists, but it does not.
PM sent.

EDIT: Here is the link to my introduction. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3005804#post3005804

Yusuf (crx1299) emailed me his raw files and I converted them using the tutorial that Sphinx is kind enough to share.
So as I suspected, his max drive software does not do the conversion. When moving the file use the copy function, when viewing others replays use the uncrush function.

The lap is clean and with the correct specs. 417 hp SS/SS tires and practice replay at a time of 1'20.071.

Nice driving too I say.
I believe the mis shift after t2 did make you loose a little time and thanks for that as you may have beat the 1'20 barrier.

I know its a hassle to convert these files, as I need to do the same when I get a gold (ain't been in a while for me), but at least we have the tools to convert them. It only takes a few minutes once you get the hang of it.

I have yet to read your intro, but stick around and try to beat the top times each week. Should be fun to watch.

Well I get the stupid prize ................. again!:dunce:

Why it is so important to have replays is evidenced by my performance this week. I miss read the directions posted by our Steward stating the concrete was "not part of the track" and I intentionally used the concrete on the righty after T2 to my advantage ASS-U-MING I was within the rules. I didn't have to, but I did and after being presented the "rules" for the week I have no problem owning it and DQ'ing myself......................for being STUPID!

I congratulate Andy and Kenny on great runs and I find myself once again offering apologies to the group. As I always say: rule#1: follow the rules. rule#2:refer to rule #1. I shall go in the corner lick my wounds and come out fighting next week. ๐Ÿ‘

I wish to publicly thank 01gtp and EDK for the way they handled bringing this to my attention, I consider both gentlemen, and friends. What more could a guy ask for? Onward!

I wish to publicly thank 01gtp and EDK for the way they handled bringing this to my attention, I consider both gentlemen, and friends. What more could a guy ask for? Onward!

Ron - Other than this oversight of the specail instructions, your run was very clean, probably more than it needed to be. ๐Ÿ‘

It is clear you have the right intentions. We know you would do the same for us. ๐Ÿ‘

Also, let me say thanks to Andy and Kenny for the congrats on my division move. I'm betting you guys won't be too far behind me. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and thanks Kenny, for the replay check. :dopey:

Like I mentioned to you earlier in the week, watching my replays, I didn't recognize my own driving. Guess that's what I was talking about, I find myself throwing the car around with more confidence these days.

:cheers:
Kevin

Sorry I didn't make this race. I just couldn't seem to nail a decent lap around this track! Ah well!

Congrats to all the winners!

Onto Suzuka! :D

Here's my replay ... try not to laugh too hard at the last hairpin, at least I didn't put it in the grass :)

P.S. Can someone post the corrected version I've CRX's replay, I'd like to see how he did it.

Kindly Verified as clean by 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• Strop_WRS157.max
    24 KB · Views: 7
Here's my replay ... try not to laugh too hard at the last hairpin, at least I didn't put it in the grass :)

P.S. Can someone post the corrected version I've CRX's replay, I'd like to see how he did it.
I'll check your replay and here is crx's replay.

EDIT

Strop, your replay is clean and green. ๐Ÿ‘ 417 SS/SS 1'20.981

I too tried to skip some shifts as you did. I tried to get into that rhythm, but it didn't work for me. Well done.

And that last corner wasn't that bad.

To gtbadboy,
See you on the track, friend.

-

Attachments

• crx_1299_week_157a.max
    25.5 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for checking. I did download EDK and GTBadBoy's replays and both were clean, apart from GT's obvious detours across the concrete :) I wouldn't worry too much about it, there was nothing subtle about it and it wasn't like you were trying to pass off a replay that had a few bumps that you were hoping no-one would notice.

One of the reasons I ended up getting the time I did was I kept setting faster times and then noticing three weels on the grass (first right hander) or a subtle wall touch (first tunnel). The time I posted was the first clean run I'd had since 1:21.4xx. I love driving this track though, so I wasn't complaining and I was getting faster by the hour.

I did find that staying up a gear around that sweeping right hander before T1 gave a noticeable improvement over my times changing down. It does seem to be common in GT4 at least that shifting down is often not worth it, it's just a matter of finding the places where (or being alien and having that knowledge at birth :))

Thanks for checking. I did download EDK and GTBadBoy's replays and both were clean, apart from GT's obvious detours across the concrete :) I wouldn't worry too much about it, there was nothing subtle about it and it wasn't like you were trying to pass off a replay that had a few bumps that you were hoping no-one would notice.

Thanks for the sentiment Strop.๐Ÿ‘
No, there was nothing subtle about it that's for sure. The frustration lays with me not having read the instructions correctly. :dunce:

This too shall pass..............Onward!๐Ÿ‘

Didn't get around to race this week myself, but I'll put my best foot forward at Suzuka this week!

In the mean time, here's Andy2125's replay:

Kindly Verified as clean by CMir.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• Andy2125_WRS157_PAL.max
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
Would just like to say congrats to all golds very well done, and to EDK for his promotion to D2 and also all who ran this combo, it was not up my street this week did'nt match my driving style i guess but see you all next week

QUIK!

I checked Mr P's and Andy's replays and their laps are clean ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ‘

I've reshuffled division 3 after gtnaughtyboy's slight hiccup, and would like to congratulate Andy2125 for his division 3 win, and to h18ant for his podium. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I believe this one is complete now?

Back