GT4 WRS Week 158 : Official Results [Complete]

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 34 comments

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx
Congrats to arora for an impressive win in division 1, well done mate. :sly: ๐Ÿ‘ Smallhorses grabs the division 2 win ๐Ÿ‘ and Andy2125 takes the division 3 win. ๐Ÿ‘ Congrats to all the remaining podium places and to all who took part.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Week 158 Results:

BMW M3 ‘04 @ Suzuka Circuit

8Awllz5o3syE3eIWtTrQ85paO6j8TxG+0280.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times.

Division 1:
  1. 2:13.698 - arora
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

2:13.750 ----- Gold
  2. 2:13.929 - Cmir
  3. 2:13.938 - Mr P
  4. 2:14.145 - Toffe
    2:14.750 ----- Bronze
  5. 2:15.581 - Quiksilver_GT
Division 2:
  1. 2:14.415 - Smallhorses
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 2:14.856 - DJ Baker
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

2:15.000 ----- Gold
  3. 2:15.412 - Strop
  4. 2:15.435 - raz_10
  5. 2:15.523 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  6. 2:15.730 - 2078TM
    2:15.750 ----- Bronze
  7. 2:15.941 - BenSRD
Division 3:

1. 2:16.750 ----- Gold
  2. 2:16.781 - Andy2125
  3. 2:16.989 - OnlyMe
  4. 2:17.719 - 2k2 Z28
  5. 2:17.910 - gtbadboy
    2:18.500 ----- Bronze
  6. 2:20.000 - Bigracer
01GTP
rflagnv1.gif
DQ

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Sports - Soft and that the power is 352 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

Congratulations to all the winners this week. Trailblazing run by Arora there and Nick too (isn't it time we booted you into Division 1 :) ). I'm fending you off Kevin (EDK) but only just and it was only this morning that I was able to drop below 2:15.5xx.

Tough week this one and my aching arms can definitely attest to the DF-GT having more than enough feedback strength when set to max.

Congrats to arora on his DivI win.:cheers:

DivII Smallhorses and D.J.Baker on a good tight race.:cheers:

01gtp Kenny on a great DivIII win. With EDK up in DivII I guess Kenny is going to rule DivIII for a bit. Nice running Kenny well done!!:bowdown::cheers:

Congrats on the (is it your first?) overall win, Erik! Stunning time you have there, well done :cheers:

Also congrats to Nick and Kenny for their convincing division wins ๐Ÿ‘

I planned to give it another shot today and submit my time, but couldn't get to running again and as a bonus I let my self get distracted tonight so I even totally forgot to submit the time I already had. Bugger :irked:

Up to next week then ๐Ÿ‘

Congrats to all the tops ๐Ÿ‘ Nick's looking good for the sf3 and Kenny's arm is getting better? and all who ran and can toggle between gt4 and gt5p :sly:

I did not expect a win, but by hook or crook :embarrassed:, and threats to Hugo :P I'll take it.

Here's my replay.

Kindly Verified as clean by Smallhorses.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• 158 arora ntsc.max
    22.8 KB · Views: 10
Congrats to all the winners. I know now that I need to put loads of laps in as you get quicker by doing this (no s***!) lol.

Well done Erik on a deserved win :cheers:

Congrats to all the other podium finishers also ๐Ÿ‘

Congrats to the division winners and all of the podiums. Erik, Nick, and DJ, looking forward to viewing your replays. Some great times from you guys. :bowdown:

I'm fending you off Kevin (EDK) but only just and it was only this morning that I was able to drop below 2:15.5xx.

I had a few hits right around the time I subbed, but could not eek a better one out this time. :ouch: I guess I have a new nemesis, my old one was named Kenny. :sly: Maybe I'll have to get you back at SFGTP3. :dopey:

01gtp Kenny on a great DivIII win. With EDK up in DivII I guess Kenny is going to rule DivIII for a bit. Nice running Kenny well done!!:bowdown::cheers:

I'm just glad to be staying ahead of him up here, but I don't think he's too far behind. Might be joining me up here anytime. Congrats on the win, Kenny. ๐Ÿ‘

Will put my replay up later tonight or tomorrow for any that may want to view.

:cheers:
Kevin

Going to have a quick look at Erik's replay now! :scared: Scorching time there! ๐Ÿ‘

*edit* arora 352HP SS/SS tyres. 2'13.698 laptime, quick and clean as expected from a D1 winner. Great lap!
gflagjn4.gif

In the meantime here's my NTSC replay for anyone that wants to have a quick butcher's at it. :)

Kindly Verified as clean by arora.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS Week 158 2min14.415.max
    27.2 KB · Views: 8
Checked Smallhorses, correct specs and clean ๐Ÿ‘

Smooth run Nick, nice 130r. And thanks for checking :)

Congrats to arora on the division one honours, top effort there mate! i havent been able to drive valid times for the last 2 weeks, but pretty confident though on grabbing the maxdrive back sometime this week.

Congratulations arora for the overall win, quite the time there.๐Ÿ‘

To Smallhorses, well done, with a time like that it looks as though your ready for the SFGTP3 event.

Well done to all podiums this week also, especially DJ Baker for your gold run.

Good showing for your first week in D2 land, EDK.

I'd like to say thanks for the kind words guys.๐Ÿ‘

Here is my replay

Verified dirty by 01GTP
rflagnv1.gif

Attachments

• 01GTP week 158 WRS.max
    27.3 KB · Views: 7
Congrats to all podiums, esp. to Erik for his overall win.
Of course a big thank you to Jerry for this combo and having no social life :lol:

My NTSC replay is attached.

I'm trying to check out Smallhorses', but so far my MaxDrive & PS2 are conspiring not to let me. How the same company managed to make it so easy to do in Tourist Trophy & such a pain in GT4 is beyond me. :banghead: I'd like to see what I needed to do to find about half a second. Congrats regardless!

Kindly Verified as clean by EDK & Strop.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS 158 DJ Baker.max
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
I had my Max Drive in hand last night, ready to pull replays and post my own. And then I tried to log on and discovered the forums were down. That was at about 8 pm PST, and they were still down when I logged off at 11. :ouch:

Already gone from home for the day, so I will post mine tonight and check DJ and Kenny's if nobody else gets around to it. (And will still view the replays to learn from, even if they don't) ๐Ÿ‘

:cheers:
Kevin

I did not expect a win, but by hook or crook :embarrassed:, and threats to Hugo :P I'll take it.

Glad to see you at the top this week Erik. Congrats! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Off to check DJBaker's replay. Mine is attached if anyone would like to review. ๐Ÿ‘

Checked DJ Baker's replay. Clean and green, in an aplinweiss M3, 352 HP and SS tires. Nice run. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Kindly Verified as clean by Sphinx.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• EDK_WRS_158_NTSC.max
    28 KB · Views: 5
It has come to my attention that my lap is dirty. It is just before t1 near the overpass.
These photos will help in explaining. I did not realize the green section that I drove across was actually grass and not a dark green section.
The dark green section ends with the rumble strip.
I'm not usually one to explain myself, as I believe most explanations sound like excuses. I believe I owe an apology to you all. I am truly sorry.
Thanks to EDK for bringing this to my attention and arora for bringing it to EDK's attention.
Sorry for everyone's time viewing the replay and to Sphinx for yet another dirty lap being presented.

I am also sorry to the WRS community as a whole.

bmwatsuzukaii6.jpg

bmwatsuzuka019wg7.jpg

^ Way to step up Kenny. Well done. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ See you on the track.

grass for you, concrete for me. We are all human. Way to man up Kenny. Onward mate.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Other than this oversight, Kenny had a great, clean and controlled run. To be honest, I had him with the green flag after my first review of the lap. :dunce: It was only after Erik pointed out my own oversight that I was able to find evidence of this incident. I would encourage any others to view his replay to understand just how close a call this really was.

Kenny, we've all had to take our turn at this lately, and it's a terrible feeling to sure. But it's great to be in here racing with people that we know will step up and take responsibility for mistakes.

Race On. ๐Ÿ‘

Kevin

Since 01GTP had disqualified himself I'll provide my replay. Normally I meet up with Bart (OnlyMe) on wednesday for our weelky 2 hours of active sport, but I couldn't make it yesterday. Bart is coming over on saterday too play some head to head GT4 so hopefully I can upload my replay then. Can't promise anything since the last time I tried, the max drive woudn't work on my ps2.

01GTP: It was a very close call and you were way ahead of me, so in my mind your still the winner of this weeks combo! :)๐Ÿ‘

Can't promise anything since the last time I tried, the max drive woudn't work on my ps2.

01GTP: It was a very close call and you were way ahead of me, so in my mind your still the winner of this weeks combo! :)๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Andy.

What problem are you having with the max drive, could you be more specific.
Mine seems not to work but it does. Do you have the difficulties explained in earlier threads (not converting) or something different. My situation while using the max drive to copy to the memory card does not complete this step, the progress bar stops half way and I don't see a replay on the memory card. If so then Sphinx's tutorial is what you need to do. If not, maybe its something else that we can help with.
Sometimes using the max system can be a real pain, but its what works.

The CD just won't load in my ps2. It keeps saying that its not a supported disc or some message in that direction.

My MAX Drive came with 2 mini-CDs.
One for PC, one for PS2.
Is it possible you're trying to use the PC CD in the PS2?
That'd cause it not to recognise the format.
Check the disk label carefully.

I'm sure i'm using the right one since it's Bart's CD wich works on his ps2 (altough not every time, he sometimes has to try several times before it works.

I'm sure i'm using the right one since it's Bart's CD wich works on his ps2 (altough not every time, he sometimes has to try several times before it works.

Suggestion from Strop that worked for others before and for me at one point as well - Try cleaning the disk. I know it seems simple, but it can make a big difference.

I also think the smaller disk that spins at a higher speed was the final demise of my fat PS2, so that could possibly be the issue, if the motor on your PS2 is old and tired.

Hope you are able to figure it out. ๐Ÿ‘

Kevin

Latest Posts

Back