GT4 WRS Week 16: "Alright, Who's NSX'd?"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 266 comments
@ppucci, mostly it was holl01 who gave me the settings but that was even before he ran this weeks race, I only adjusted a little to suit my driving style. But once I tried those settings, I beat my previous time by 1.3 seconds in 18 minutes no joke! Of course now I am totally getting spanked by my ghost....D"OH! I would like to get to 1:00.5xx by tuesday but it will be tough because I still have todo this weeks DTM race...and it is due Sunday.

@Androos, the tranny trick. Well when holl01 one and I were literally talking trash about how much is sux I believe he said something like it takes your transmisison and makes is a piece of S**T. What it really does in my experience is it compresses your first 4-5 gears (depending on how many u have) so that u r *SUPPOSED* to be able to carry more speed thru turns, but the last gear gets stretched out a bit and I found that u can lose your high end torque. Now some people will tell u time and time again that it is better and I say to them, would u do it to your car? And they always say no. Its very unrealistic IMO and I don't use it anymore. Now how to do it FYI is to take your final gear ratio and set it ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT, then set your auto ALL THE WAY LEFT and then take the final gear ratio and fine tune your transmission to meet the track requirements; long for test course short for laguna.

jump_ace

Yeah, I had come up with my own "gear trick" from GT2, that I think is better in every way... It makes your first gear tall(so you can actually use it) so all of your shifts are like on a motorcycle, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM haha. Smack dab in the powerband. It was fastest on the drag strip for me in GT2, and the fastest on the tracks. I still use it somewhat, or a modified version of the tranny trick(which moves 1st, 2nd, and 3rd up).

@fasj yeah... We'll see how well I can manage in D2 anyway... 👍

Edit: On my way to work now, but took off .25 from my overall time, and improved my T2 by about .2, can't remember exactly what it was. MORE TO COME! 👍

Nevermind about tonight's hot lap... going to see "Sin City" (gotta have a life outside GT4). But I plan to give it a shot tomorrow morning... :) Preety excited, though, I've been planning some configuration changes here... let's see what I can do... :)

If u follow the comic it is portrayed just like it, I read the trilogy a couple days before I saw the movie and its TERRIFFIC! Ur gonna love it man!

jump_ace

My times are a bit off! I am struggling a bit under the last two bridges, can't quite figure out the fastest line yet.:nervous:

When this week first started I went to GTVault and requested a setup for these cars that we are using this week. If you have not been to this site you should definitely check it out. Anyhow, today that request was fulfilled by 1989therat. I tried his setup and have had faster T1 times then the ones I have posted, but I haven't been able to better my overall time .. yet. :sly:

http://gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::3532/Mobil-1-NSX-(JGTC)-therat1989/

If you use these settings please give 1989therat some feedback, and maybe he will do this again the next time we run in GT mode. 👍

I have reduced TCS and rear camber to fit my driving style.

@ppucci: Sin City is a top flick! You'll love it as jump_ace said, it is horrifically violent though but because it's in a comic book style it doesn't seem to matter as much. Awesome movie though.

@Androos: I too believe the tranny trick is detrimental this week because you just change gears all the time. jump_ace's instructions ought to get it happening for you though if you wanna have a crack.

@Bul: The first left-hander into the bridge I take in 3rd just coasting until I'm stable. then I power into the bridge and change into 4th for just a split second and brake changing back to third at the same time, this juts the car to the right and I can power out of the bridge...as I come into the next bridge (just after T2) I'm in 5th and I brake hard and change back to 3rd as I turn and the back pops out and I drift into the right line for the corner. As I hit the right line I change back to 4th and I'm around the corner relatively quick and with a tight line. This is with the gear settings at 14 as jump_ace suggested. Hope that helps 👍

As for me, I have new splits, I'm not completely happy with them, it's still a bit of a cautious lap but at least it's better for now:

T1: 0'31.504
T2: 1'01.324

I tried your settings jump_ace and those LSD settings are insane!!! I couldn't keep the car facing the way I wanted :) I can see how you would get such scorching splits but I would have to spend 90% of my practice time in the kitty litter just to find that one lap whereas with my current settings I can get around the track error free for 90% of my practice time.

I really do like this combo though, especially watching the replay from bumper cam, the car just sounds like it's gonna take off!

I tried the tranny trick and it didn't work for me. I am still getting T2's in the 1:03's, so naturally I am still tearing my hair out. I don't know how to go fast in this car. So frustrating.

Anyway I'm done for the night, I'll run some laps tomorrow and see if I can pull a miracle lap out of *you know where*!!

OT: Just came back from the theater... totally *****d-up movie man, best in a long time :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Anyway... I will look for the books :)

Back on Topic: Came back and my fiancee put my wheel back to the box :ouch: , so no ride until tomorrow... :) But very interested in testing GTVault's setup tomorrow by the morning 👍 . Hopefully I will lower my time enough to fight for a spot in the sun :cheers: BTW I have a friend going to the US for an IT class so I will ask him to bring me an Action Replay and them things will be a lot funnier!

I know it is not really a realible source, but one thing I've done and it kind of workd was to watch B-Spec-Bob running a couple of laps around the course... he will not push it as we do, but you can get a lot of info about his driving lines... ;)

Edit: BTW I just checked GTVaul.... awsome site!!!! How come I've never heard of it??? :D 👍 👍

bhawk776
When this week first started I went to GTVault and requested a setup for these cars that we are using this week. If you have not been to this site you should definitely check it out. Anyhow, today that request was fulfilled by 1989therat. I tried his setup and have had faster T1 times then the ones I have posted, but I haven't been able to better my overall time .. yet. :sly:

http://gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::3532/Mobil-1-NSX-(JGTC)-therat1989/

If you use these settings please give 1989therat some feedback, and maybe he will do this again the next time we run in GT mode. 👍

I have reduced TCS and rear camber to fit my driving style.
Aww shucks :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :) ...If you ever need a car setup just drop a line to me..I'm quite the avid tuner over there..me Fumes and DTW are some of the best. Now if I could just drive better I'd be fine :indiff:

Yeah thx for the input Weary, I just tried my tranny at 13 and it worked great, I matched my splits for the most part and I didn't have to struggle nearly so much. As for the LSD, yes it is insane, but again to gain good general control lower the fron downforce u will see the difference, but not too much as then the car will have understeer for the last turn u need to take 'ballstothewall' LOL.

Just beat my previous time by .6 or so but its invalid, I couldn't help but hit the 2nd 'large' concrete section at the end, all 4 wheel are on it for a split sec...dang...here we go again! (and I thought I was done for the nite....sheesh!)

jump_ace

Well guess what kids?!?!? I'm having the WORST luck ever, I just beat my prior invalid time by .1 except that I hit the OTHER F#*$&#ING concrete!!!! Y ME!?!

jump_ace

the last sector is getting to me. Though this run is .4 faster than my last splits ive had a 1'00.500 get .1 slower than i have atm. Another .5 - 1 second would be nice .5 in the last sector alone. So much to be gained or lost in last sector, it will be very interesting to see the final times.

1'00.160

Leaderboard will be updated a few minutes after this post.

U said it small_fry's, this week has been an extreme loss or gain, very little middle ground, results will be shocking this week indeed!

jump_ace

Man, I finally hit :31.0xx and 1:00.7xx and those stupid concrete things are in my WAY again so another great lap doesn't count!!! I might be done with this one for good, I just can't stand it anymore!

jump_ace

jump_ace
Man, I finally hit :31.0xx and 1:00.7xx and those stupid concrete things are in my WAY again so another great lap doesn't count!!! I might be done with this one for good, I just can't stand it anymore!

jump_ace

Doing well man!

31.236/1'00.626

Splits from my earlier run before work... I'm going to play with the gearing a bit just to see if I can eek out some more acceleration with the trick I used in GT2(low final drive).

T1: 30.998
T2: 1'00.708

This is as best as I'm gonna get, gonna be out of town for a week or so. I might get a chance tomorrow to race - we'll see!

31.262/1'00.605

Broke into another second range, like to tack off more than 1/2 a second though at least. Hopefully I won't get last in D1 again...

Argh, not tonight for me I guess... Went back to my stiff settings, liked it, but for some reason was struggling to make a clean lap(overtired could be part of it, the stiffness could be the other part of it...). Anywho, I can clearly see where I'm losing time between T1 and T2... It'll come... T2-T3 is pretty decent though, I should be able to match it if I make it that far around the track.

Funniest thing happened yesterday, was watching Japanese JTGC championship racing and saw no less than five NSX's spin out in the middle of corners.

Rear end rotating around the fronts..................seems to me, these bloody things are a complete handfull even for professional teams and drivers!

It did make me feel a little better! lol :)

Don't think i am gonna submit a time this week, still can't use pedels without too much pain(even with the kick-ass painkiller's the doc gave me :cool: ), and can't get a clean lap with the DS2. :ouch:

Never mind eh?

However, did try dropping the car on it's belly last night after a few cans to help the P/K's and it seemed to help. Just means that you cannot ride the curbs! lol

Will keep popping online and keep an eye on things though.

Oh and thanx for the mention O.G. and Vexd, and thanx for the simpathy from Jerome!

Neil

Ok, finally had an hour yesterday to run some laps, starting to get a little competitive. Still having trouble with T2 but slowly getting there...

T1 - 31.060 👍
T2 - 1:01.221 👎

Running these settings with the Mobil 1 (F/R):

Brakes: 2/3
Aids: 0/0/0
Gears: Auto 13 with a slightly longer 6
Downforce: 50/70
LSD:
Initial 5
Accel 50
Decel 40
Weight:
Ballast +70
Balance -50
Suspension:
Springs: 14.5/16.0
Height: 60/65.
Bound: 2/2
Rebound: 7/7
Camber: 4.0/1.5
Toe: 0/0
Stabilizers: 6/6

Just what I'm using, I'm by no means a setup expert so feel free to try but no promises. I feel they work, just gotta learn T2 and I'm sure that time will drop. Haven't had any spins anyway. Will run today and post any improvements tonight.

I'm struggling to replicate my best lap , I've seen a T2 of 1'01.1xx but that's the lowest I've ever seen and even when I finished that lap I was 0.03 seconds slower than my best. Thumbs are hurting, I may have to give this combo a rest for a while.

On a different note a friend of mine came over yesterday for some GT action and so we pulled out the ol' wheel. I'm getting better with it, we took one of those JGTC Skylines around El Capitan and I put down a nice 1'26 with the wheel. Nothing super outstanding but I usually suck with the wheel, then to make life difficult we took the Clio Race Car around Citta di Aria, there is NO way I could stay off the walls with the wheel. Don't know how some of you guys manage fine control with the wheel...in the words of Mike Tyson..."I take my hand off to you..."

Just sitting in front of my wheel... I came to the conclusion that the setup is not the problem. It might be that little piece between the wheel and the couch... :nervous:

I tried every single different setup and I can't get to lower my times... I might try my own setup now. Will be back to tell what happened. 👍

Just lowered my final time in 1 second... but my intermediates are still 2 second higher than people has been talking about in here.... bummer!

Just concentrate on improving yourself, better placement against other people will come later.

jump_ace

New splits, using same setup as before, just upped the initial on the LSD to 15 and softened the springs some.

T1 - 31.006 👍
T2 - 1:00.567 👍

Much happier with that, figured out most of T1-T2, just need to get smoother and I should be able to take another couple of tenths off, hopefully getting down into the 59's.

Wacked on some new settings, changed my gears a bit and volia now i seem to be able to fly through the middle sector and the car handles much nicer. Ran wide at the first corner of the last S bend and lost a bit of time but its still my fastest last sector. Shaved .6 off my previous final.

New / Old

30.992 / 31.012
59.743 / 1'00.160

I'm happy with my time, anymore i get will be a bonus.

Back