GT4 WRS Week 166 : RUF @ Infineon Raceway (Stock Car Course)

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 82 comments

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx
:: GT4 WRS Week 166 ::

:: RUF 3400S ‘00 ::

2iR7ErCa7PYhtOIV6jLCHZ-DhhKbcQaw0280.jpg

:: Infineon Raceway (Stock Car Course) ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Time Trial > World Circuits
  • Track: Infineon Raceway (Stock Car Course)
  • Make: Germany > RUF
  • Model: RUF 3400S ‘00

Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: (+20%) 367hp
  • Weight: (-10%) 1170kg
  • Driving Aids: ANY
  • Top Speed: N/A
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Sports - Soft

Week 166 Race Specifics:

All run-off areas are not part of the track

Week 166 Race Preview :

TBA…

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)

Thread rules:

The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM to me (Sphinx):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Tuesday 1st July 9pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified
  • Those who have .xps or .sps files, can they please convert them to .max before submission

Spent about an hour 20 on the combo so far and I'm in love :D I can see another .2 possibly coming off for me if I have time later in the week.

Splits invalid :dunce:

EDIT - Just read the rules and want some clarification as this lap may be dirty. Since we cannot use the run off area, can we just stay in line with the rumble strip pointing straight across the wall for the sharp right after T1? Or are we bound to the yellow line? Here is what I'm after...is this clean?

test.jpg

Jerome

Excellent timing, as the Sprint Cup Series was just in Sonoma! 👍

Felt inspired to get on this course!

I don't think that is legal Jerome, what I felt was clean was keeping the 2 right wheels at least on the yellow line since that is the border of the in-track area.
Even though the rumble is part of the track I think going that far out on that turn would probably cost time.

@2k2 Z28 yea I saw part of that race, usually don't watch any Nascar races but it was nice to see a road course race

Spent about an hour 20 on the combo so far and I'm in love :D I can see another .2 possibly coming off for me if I have time later in the week.

T1 - 20.536 (.4 is very possible)
T2 - 42.502 (saw a .470 but decided it wasn't for me :ouch:)
Final - Finally landed the last two corners, best I've done yet 👍 aka I'll HAVE to be up by .2 in order to beat this lap and then I'll probably just BARELY beat it.

EDIT - Just read the rules and want some clarification as this lap may be dirty. Since we cannot use the run off area, can we just stay in line with the rumble strip pointing straight across the wall for the sharp right after T1? Or are we bound to the yellow line? Here is what I'm after...is this clean?

test.jpg

Jerome

Consider the yellow line as being the edge of the track.

Dang thought so, thx bro! I'll edit out my prev. splits and go at it again this week I hope.

Jerome

This combo feels a little like standard mode in GT5. Loads of fun!

20.966 / 43.040

Can't seem to get a sub 43 with my G25 :/...MAN GT4 is so picky, or maybe I'm getting old/rusty who knows. But I agree it feels like GT5P Standard mode and is why I tried my wheel a bit. Here is what I'm doing so far...For the uphill chicane I found it pulls out better in 3rd gear and I can't take it more than 61mph, I brake slightly for the next uphill chicane taking it really deep for the left turn to balance and power out for the T1 marker. I then shift into 2nd and really try to hit the exact middle inside rumble apex and usually get a lil air in the process :) I then take the next right by going wide to the left and braking early but stay off the inside rumble. For the following T2 chicane, I find I have to left-foot brake some for each turn in the chicane (one entry and one exit) and for the right kink brake just a touch late and shift into 4th to point the car straight out and avoid tires from squealing like little girls in a playground. Finally for the hairpin I do shift into 5th but just for a moment and then back down into 2nd taking it as far inside as possible so I don't have to lift on the exit. Hopefully that made some sense :dunce:
Will try and post splits later.

EDIT - Another 20 Min and better results than I expected :D
T1 - 20.612 (another .1 here obviously would be nice, meh...And 'should' be clean :D
T2 - 42.510
Final - Nailed the last 'technical' turns nicely (for me of course)

Jerome

I'm right on your bumper again this week gtbadboy, but its your front bumper....... for now. :sly:
Must be the relaxing has been treating you well up there in Maine, your racing very fast lately. :)
This combo seems to have some nice grip to it. I like the feel of this car here verses the M3 qualifier combo. I really like the feel at the top of the knol before T1. :D
I don't want to imagine this combo in GT5 with pro physics, I would never complete the first uphill section, let alone a whole lap. :scared: :banghead: 🤬

My frst splits for this week.

LB Started/Updated 👍

Jerome

I'm right on your bumper again this week gtbadboy, but its your front bumper....... for now. :sly:
Must be the relaxing has been treating you well up there in Maine, your racing very fast lately. :)

Which bumper was that Kenny?:sly: looks like we'll be trading paint again this week. 👍 You're looking good in my rear view. :D

Love this place, just wish I had a better internet connection.:ouch: Hope you got the picture I sent the other day. You're welcome to visit any time mate just bring your own fishing gear as mine is, well, blessed by the fishing Gods :)

Well, I really dislike this car and I've never really been good at this track.
Can't seem to put the car where I want to, and it seems to understeer everywhere except for the slowest corners, or if you drop it off the track.

Currently:

T1: 20.711
T2: 42.957

Not sure if I wasnt to keep trying to improve on that.

BOARD

Is DSMAZDAGTR a qualified driver? If so what division and controller?

thanks! 👍

Quick question as to whether or not some of my laps are clean. I think this is still clean but I need some clarification.

My 2 right side wheels are on the rumble strip, and the left 2 are on the run off area in this corner, so...

Sphinx, you said treat the yellow line as the outside of the track, but since there is a rumble strip, is it okay to have 2 wheels on the rumble strip and 2 in the run off area?

EDIT: Got some 100% unquestionable clean splits now
T1: 21.244
T2: 43.370

That should be clean as long as you get your car over the yellow in time unlike me, lol.

Jerome

That should be clean as long as you get your car over the yellow in time unlike me, lol.

Jerome

That's confusing to me. If your car is fully outside of the yellow line then it's dirty, whether you are on the rumble or not should not matter. That my interpretation anyway.

"Consider the yellow line as being the edge of the track. "

Well, I give up.. Useless thing..

My crappy time is

T1 20.703
T2 42.766

Edit 1:

Jαke;3068435
BOARD

Is DSMAZDAGTR a qualified driver? If so what division and controller?

thanks! 👍

I've not been given a division yet (awaiting a response).
I'm using a normal PS2 controller

Edit 2:

Jαke;3068537
That's confusing to me. If your car is fully outside of the yellow line then it's dirty, whether you are on the rumble or not should not matter. That my interpretation anyway.

Yes but...

rumble/ripple strips are part of the track

And, if you look closely, you'll see that ALL the rumble strips are outside the yellow lines. In real life, cars would go over that rumble strip and not get penalised for it.

Well, I give up.. Useless thing..

My crappy time is

T1 20.703
T2 42.766

I would hardly say that is a crappy time. Based on your splits you are ranked 3rd out of 11 drivers. :rolleyes:
No need for Triple posting either. Please edit your original post.

Jαke;3068548
I would hardly say that is a crappy time. Based on your splits you are ranked 3rd out of 11 drivers. :rolleyes:

Ok.. Fair point.. Didn't feel as good as it could've and I spent a few hours getting annoyed trying to make up the extra .2 I did see on one lap (before stuffing up the end sector). Guess I should be quiet and see how the rest shape up before making silly comments like that.

I thought I would like this combo and have better times because I like this car!!!
but I can only manage
I know I have gotten lower times but was not sure about the whole yellow line/rumble strip rule.

Jαke;3068537

Jerry could have been clearer, but the rules are also standard OLR rules. Standard OLR rules always include the rumbles as track.

One time (must have been the BC5 or 6) the organizing board actually tried to make the racers stay inside the track lines. They didn't last long. :dopey:

So I consider the rumbles as track until Jerry clarifies.

Latest Posts

Back