GT4 WRS Week 184 : CLK Touring Car @ Trial Mountain Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 82 comments
Just got done with a session trying out 320 gearing.
I was behind my ghost 95% of the time.
I went back to 300 and by lap 1 I was ahead of the ghost for the first 85% of the track and then had a touch.
By lap 2 I passed the ghost and previous ghost lap.
I will try this one again before submitting.
For now here are my splits.

1'01.140

I started to get the hang of this today, I tried a few short sessions in the past days and felt like I had 2 left thumbs :dopey: Came back to it this morning and now am making some progress.

Like a big dope I forgot to save my fastest replay, I went the the theatre to grab the splits and is was not there :( I do remember what my t3 was though...

1'00.073

I'll hopefully be back soon with some proper splits. Great way to end the gt4 era, it would be nice to do well in this one 👍

EDIT Got me some clean splits and a first banker saved :)

14.425 / 40.425 / 59.869

I can hit 14.2's often enough and I also mucked my brake speed right after t3 and lost almost .2 so I think within my reach is another .4 at the line if I can muster it :dopey:

Last edited:
board updated, now including arora's amazing sector times. 👍

Edit, forgot to add my own new splits. :dopey:

T1: 14.531
T2: 40.346
T3: 1'00.072

Last edited:
I checked my replay more than 20 times to see whether I have 2+ wheels on concrete at the chicane. Seems the lap on the board is still clean.

I checked my replay more than 20 times to see whether I have 2+ wheels on concrete at the chicane. Seems the lap on the board is still clean.

Cool, hopefully you mean it's on the rumbles at the chicane. that sliver of concrete is what got me... I can run clean now but not competitive.

And look at erik... great run 👍👍

With 20'ish hours left till the deadline I doubt I'm going to have time to do any running for this so I will simply say thank you to all who have worked hard behind the scenes to bring us this series and keep it running smoothly. :cheers:

And heres to an equally successful GT5p WRS, see you all there.

Darren.

So long to WRS and thanks again to all the WRS stewards. My final lap splits:

T1 - 14.655
T2 - 40.877
T3 - 1'00.480

👍:):cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the words guys :)

I have another set of splits with almost the same digits but the end result is better so I won't bother posting those unless I can't improve it. I'm just getting geared up for my last effort.

I'll have my final splits up before I go to bed.

:cheers:

EDIT I got talking to an old bud and and then a call from the gf, etc etc, didn't get back to a serious effort. Here are some splits I can live with, I left .3 on the table for me but tbh I'm quite surprised I could muster it up after being away.

14.330 / 40.199 / 59.822

gl to all still on the track, it's been a great ride 👍

Last edited:
Just submitted my time. I was away for part of the week so I didn't get much time to spend on this one. Still had fun with it. Looking forward to GT5P WRS.

Again not enough time for a great combo - tho as always my own fault - and that for the final of WRS combos. No new splits, and submitting now. Thanks to all for the fun we had here, and a big :bowdown: to stewards Cyril, Colby, Ron, Sjaak and Jerry (hope I didn't forget any who stewarded the combos in which I partook).

Sorry guys I could not compete this week but wanted to say big Thanks to all for the fun I had here, :cheers: to stewards Sjaak and Jerry!!

No disrespect to the rest These are the only two I got a chance to be a part of...

:cheers: and see you soon...

Jαke;3205295
Cool, hopefully you mean it's on the rumbles at the chicane. that sliver of concrete is what got me... I can run clean now but not competitive.:
Yes, that's what I meant. It is very close though. So, I'm still looking to run a cleaner lap. What works well for me is 2 left wheels on rumbles and the other two on concrete to straighten the corner. I also clip very little of the small hill on the left because it doubles the weight shift at the next curb.

Considering your first split, you don't lose a whole lot at the corner opening up to back straight (T2-T1=40.274-14.32=25.954). Compared to mine(25.754) you only lose .2 between T1 and T2. However, between T2 and T3 the difference is 19.855-19.467=.388. You are actually very close:tup:👍.

You may want to take advantage of that huge trench, right hander, after T2 exit of the first tunnel. I go in fast and straight, braking late and then in the trench you are pushed down getting awesome grip only momentarily. You can really get on the gas early there. Also, the corner right before T3 line is a place to gain. I get on the gas very early; over the crest the rear loses grip and turns the car. Hope this helps.

Jαke;3205295
And look at erik... great run 👍👍
Really impressive times. He might come up with the fastest overall this last week.

Really impressive times. He might come up with the fastest overall this last week.

Na, you got me beat unless you stop for a beer on the back stretch ;), I sub'd last night. I could match your sectors but never put it all together, that would have been hella' fast for me :crazy:

Time submitted with previously posted splits.

Its good to see some familiar faces popping back in this week to either have a few laps or just to give a shout.

Thanks to all the competitors over the last year.

And of course, to the WRS Administrators. 👍 👍 and THANKS.

Ran a last minute and came up with these. Last sector is so-so. Not sure where I'll end up here.

1:00.051

Good luck to all. 👍

Couldn't find more time to race this, submitted just before deadline closed :D

Good luck to all!

and Thanks to sjaak68 ,Sphinx and all other WRS Administrators who kept this running so smoothly. 👍

EDK
Ran a last minute and came up with these. Last sector is so-so. Not sure where I'll end up here.

1:00.051

Good luck to all. 👍
I had a bad last sector too, so it seems it might be a close call for div 2 :eek:

board

Again not enough time for a great combo - tho as always my own fault - and that for the final of WRS combos. No new splits, and submitting now. Thanks to all for the fun we had here, and a big :bowdown: to stewards Cyril, Colby, Ron, Sjaak and Jerry (hope I didn't forget any who stewarded the combos in which I partook).
Well, I don't quite remember when you joined, but technically Kent was the steward back in week 1, and Todd from week 2 to 29.
From week 30 on your list is correct.

Back