GT4 WRS Week 30 results

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 92 comments

How would you rate this race ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I also think that SimRaceDriver deserves 1st place,IMHO he seems like a honest guy,and he is clearly faster than I am,and I don't like to win because of someone's unfortunate accident.

Anyway that was just my $ 0,02.

Hey all,
have fun with the races to come.

Good luck with the series flat-out. 👍

Catch you all around at some point.
Till then,
-

:rolleyes: Such a drama Queen.

In other news ...

@Flat_Out ... sorry this is the barrage you walk into on your first week, but I support and respect your decision 100% 👍 In any role such as this, it can be very hard for people with an opinion to ultimately keep it to themselves when - at the end of the day - you're the one in charge, and the one who makes the rules.

It doesn't matter what has come before, YOU'RE the voice of reason and law now.

From this point of view I think you have ruled nobly and fairly on all counts.

SRD, I hope this works out for you. I'll get the unofficial board updated as soon as your replay is verified and Flat-Out confirms the results.

@Drift260Z ... calm down man. You submitted your time WAY late. Period. There is a deadline for a reason. If you know you're not going to be able to submit, submit EARLY. Plently of guys here submits DAYS in advance and last week I submitted to two other competitions on FRIDAY for a SUNDAY deadline, because I knew I wasn't going to be around for the weekend. Stop bellyaching about it. Flat_Out is 100% in the right in discounting your run and you only have yourself to blame.

Rock.

Just got home from a very long night at work...

Flat_Out...Thanks for the info! To clear one thing up..you said
Flat_out
'...And the replay time, even if still faster than everybody else's has never been submitted!

Just for clarification..you've had the replay in question since yesterday when I sent my first PM....it was also posted late last night under post 34...albeit A)it wasn't the replay that matched my times & B) With another replay of mine because I was too scared (honesty) to attempt do anything to that memory card which would result in that save being lost...for anyone to have reviewed...as I doubt it was overlooked..

Should I post it again for any 'trusted' (:D) NTSC user to analyze, review, disect every turn, corner, etc, etc.? :D If so, I'll have it up it by mid-after noon PST..(it's now 11:09am PST and I could have it up by say 1pm PST)

Sincerely,

SimRaceDriver

12:33pm PST - EDIT

One replay uploaded for review by any NTSC user!

Thanks-

SRD-

Attachments

• Ring_Replay.max
    58.3 KB · Views: 6
Kolyana
:rolleyes: Such a drama Queen.

In other news ...

@Flat_Out ... sorry this is the barrage you walk into on your first week, but I support and respect your decision 100% 👍 In any role such as this, it can be very hard for people with an opinion to ultimately keep it to themselves when - at the end of the day - you're the one in charge, and the one who makes the rules.

It doesn't matter what has come before, YOU'RE the voice of reason and law now.

From this point of view I think you have ruled nobly and fairly on all counts.

SRD, I hope this works out for you. I'll get the unofficial board updated as soon as your replay is verified and Flat-Out confirms the results.

@Drift260Z ... calm down man. You submitted your time WAY late. Period. There is a deadline for a reason. If you know you're not going to be able to submit, submit EARLY. Plently of guys here submits DAYS in advance and last week I submitted to two other competitions on FRIDAY for a SUNDAY deadline, because I knew I wasn't going to be around for the weekend. Stop bellyaching about it. Flat_Out is 100% in the right in discounting your run and you only have yourself to blame.

Rock.

I can't help but feel like some of that is directed at me. :odd:
If so don't be shy. ;)
Send a PM my way and we'll have a little talk. :)

Great, so next week I can submit late without a replay, but only this one time right? I missed a deadline a few weeks ago and guess what, I slapped myself for being stupid and went on to the next race.
If you start down that slippery slope flat-out, every week you're going to have a similar situation.
Can my fastest lap be submitted even though I forgot to hit my brakes and ran into a wall?
Can I submit a time even though I forgot to run it?
How about if I forgot to use the required tires?
Lets's just forget about rules altogether, then we won't have these situations.
Drift260Z, nothing personal, but it takes some huge ones to think the rules don't apply to you cause you had an excuse. I'm sure your time was exactly as you stated but it's a moot point, deal with it.

"I forgot to pull out so the baby is not my fault" me about 20 years ago.

Civilized society hangs in the balance here flat-out, dont FORGET that.

Think it over, but don't over think it!

@ SRD : I asked TheWizard if he could give me some help by checking NTSC replays from time to time. I'll check yours then, but any other NTSC racer will also be fine for me.

I checked myself MisterWeary's (perfectly clean) and holl01's (see below).

For those who might look at holl01's replay, there are at 5'33.x almost 3 wheels on the grass. I spent a full hour trying to take a picture of that particular moment and that's the extreme situation I managed to capture :

holl30.jpg

...and this is perfectly legal.
We already have had this kind of situation in the past (GT3), and the rules state that 2 tyres must remain in contact with the track. Although 95% of its surface is obviously 'out', the right rear tyre is still in contact with the pavement by the width of a pubic hair. So the lap as perfectly legal.

We still need to check replays from TheWizard, Kent and Dr_Watson, but only NTSC people can do that.
Just post your result in that thread if you do so.

^^ hehe, that pic looks like the section of Brünnchen where i usually have a high probability of 3-wheeling it.

It's a rather smelly egg you've got Cyril. :guilty: My sympathies, but you have asked for member's opinions, so here goes.

Like everyone else I agree that the Drift 260Z situation is cut and dried. No way no how should his time be accepted 7 hours late! 👎 This isn't primary school after all where a note from mommy will make it all better. :dopey:

The SRD situation is different, but is it really? I have to agree with Drew22 on this one. SRD is a long time racer here, and I have no doubt that he is being absolutely honest about his replay situation. 👍

But I am trying to put myself in the same situation as if I were in second place to him with a division win on the line. I would be thinking about the possibility that there was maybe a problem with his submitted lap.
I would also be thinking that possibly the slower lap was run after the deadline, or maybe before, but as a backup. It really doesn't matter. The point is that doubt about the results has crept into my mind, and I will think about this the next time I am racing against this person.

Electric has made it clear that he does not want the win by default, which I understand and agree that I would not either. But it really isn't his call. Rules are rules, and a win is a win no matter what. Racers win all the time in the tech shed. That's just the way the racing game is played.

The thing is, in co-operative game play just being fast shouldn't guarantee a positive result.
Being fast, clean, and verified within the rules are what should bring positive results.

Having said all of that, I feel terrible for SRD to be in the position he is in. It is truly unfortunate that some of the software we need to use is obviously flawed. :grumpy:

Although it is absolutely within the steward's discretion to do so, I think that responding to an unfortunate situation with a one-time softening of the rules, is potentially bad precedent.

Respectfully,
Steve

Agree 100% Steve, about 8 weeks ago I had a power failure right after watching and recording times of my lap, turns out it was my best lap. After some consideration I submitted my unverifiable time, even though I had a verified lap just hundreths shy of the first. So of course I got 3rd. place (I usually get between 8th. and 15th.) a replay was requested and I immediatly PM'ed Kent and disqualified myself. Fortunatly I caught it very early Tues. morning and my name was taken off the board immediatly saving me more embarresment.The point is I would have never asked for Special Dispensation. I didn't play by the rules...PERIOD! Equipment failure, is after all, part of racing,right?

For those that are interested (and given what's going on this week most of you should be) I'll have my replay up in about 24 hours.

*runs before being hit by crossfire*

Y'all...

I'm really sorry if I've created a problem here.
That wasn't my intention at all.

My first response to SRD was purely out of interpretation of the rules in the wrs to this point. I never really tried to insult him or even give a final ruling on the subject at hand.

SRD,
You've raced well in the wrs and supplied more than one replay, how could a man not trust you?
My original post was merely hitting you with a cold, harsh opinion. The entire view expressed was based on deadlines and numbers, I never meant to attack your character.

Everyone,
Please be at ease, I wish no harm in my words.

My own eyes have been blind to the importance of an honest win.
I've forgotten what it's like to be caught up in the races, running with the pack, faster each day... :cheers:

For real, I'm talking about 100 wrs ago.
It's hard for me to now think back that far. Names have come and gone but still the wrs is stronger... Honestly stronger than ever.
The crowd here is a different breed with growing potential.

In the days of old it was a group no more than 30 or so entering the BC as a filler team. Now members of the wrs are faster than all others and diverse with racers from all boards.

You all are the wrs.
My influence and will should be of trivial concern to those with the pack. ;)
Run with week 31 and accept flat-out's word.
Conflicts I create and resolutions I make will be matters for other places.

:cheers:
And my highest regards.
-

Dr_Watson
*gets popcorn*

Drama continues...
:lol:

My personal opinion. SRD submitting wrong time to replay, is illegal according to what i know.

to Drift. submitting late. comon buddy, you really think you can get away with submitting late.anyhow. you can check the time code on the replay when it was save and what not. to see whether it was done before the deadline or not. but it doesnt matter. you submitted late

at Flat-out dont let these people run over you [no offence to anyone]. you got the rules to uphold dude, making exceptions, is a dangerous thing.

What a first week eh... Good luck with your decisions.

~~~~ Jase

Kent
Y'all...

I'm really sorry if I've created a problem here.
That wasn't my intention at all.

My first response to SRD was purely out of interpretation of the rules in the wrs to this point. I never really tried to insult him or even give a final ruling on the subject at hand.

SRD,
You've raced well in the wrs and supplied more than one replay, how could a man not trust you?
My original post was merely hitting you with a cold, harsh opinion. The entire view expressed was based on deadlines and numbers, I never meant to attack your character.

Everyone,
Please be at ease, I wish no harm in my words.

My own eyes have been blind to the importance of an honest win.
I've forgotten what it's like to be caught up in the races, running with the pack, faster each day... :cheers:

For real, I'm talking about 100 wrs ago.
It's hard for me to now think back that far. Names have come and gone but still the wrs is stronger... Honestly stronger than ever.
The crowd here is a different breed with growing potential.

In the days of old it was a group no more than 30 or so entering the BC as a filler team. Now members of the wrs are faster than all others and diverse with racers from all boards.

You all are the wrs.
My influence and will should be of trivial concern to those with the pack. ;)
Run with week 31 and accept flat-out's word.
Conflicts I create and resolutions I make will be matters for other places.

And my highest regards.
-

Very well said.

Kent
SRD,

Kent...I never, for one minute, assumed you were attacking me and were merely expressing your opinion on the matter! So, no harm, no foul! :D

I can understand the views and opinions of those who have posted their opinion/feelings regarding this matter and how it relates to the rules of the WRS.

I too am not here to attack anyone or attempt to bend]/i] the rules, so I'm sorry for opening Pandora's box....

Peace!

Ray
aka: SimRaceDriver:

SimRaceDriver
Kent...I never, for one minute, assumed you were attacking me and were merely expressing your opinion on the matter! So, no harm, no foul! :D

I can understand the views and opinions of those who have posted their opinion/feelings regarding this matter and how it relates to the rules of the WRS.

I too am not here to attack anyone or attempt to bend]/i] the rules, so I'm sorry for opening Pandora's box....

Peace!

Ray
aka: SimRaceDriver:

Hey SRD, you're a class act my friend. I didn't side with you on this ordeal but I respect your stance. Now let's get on with the racin!!!

This should be the Final Post For this thread!!!!!

Here ye'! Here Ye!

The voice of reason (Flat_Out) has spoken!

The current standings for week 30 are final and this topic can now be put to rest and I thank those who offered up their honest and unbiased opinions regarding this situation!

In the meantime, I've purchased a 2nd Mem. card and will from this point on will now move my replays from my main MC over to my alt. MC before attempting any 'move/copy' of a replay to my AR/MaxDrive....though that won't be necessary for at least another 24 weeks when we visit the "Ring once again...which will be the next time I forsee myself being anywhere near the top of the LB! :D

Why I tend to be more towards the top of the LB when we race at the ring then other tracks, considering it's the longest track in the game, I have no fricking clue!:D

Peace out!

SimRaceDriver

PS: To Flat_out & Kent....For what little it may mean to either of you..I just wanted to say.....I've got the UPMOST respect for you gentlemen! Your integrity, honesty and unbiased opinions should be an example for all others to follow..I can only hope one day others will be able to say the same for me!

Almost the final post.

SimRaceDriver's message ^^ refers to a PM I sent him today, in which I exposed the reasons why I thought I had to disqualify his time this week, for the sake and the integrity of the Almighty Rules.

I guess everybody (and mainly he and I) will feel better now that this is over.
I'll keep updating this thread (veilsidebr's replays is still missing), but we can now all move on to week 31.

I'll be more than happy this week end when I can finally close this thread and move it to the archives. :ouch:

SimRaceDriver
For what little it may mean to either of you..I just wanted to say.....
Be sure it means a lot.

Hang on, hang on. Don't close it just yet.

I've finally managed to get back to my ps2 to grab my replay. So here it is (PAL format):

There is one close call somewhere shortly after Wipperman but that's all it is, a close call. :)

Attachments

• VTRacing WRS30_7`01`793.max
    47.8 KB · Views: 6
VTRacing
Hang on, hang on. Don't close it just yet.

I've finally managed to get back to my ps2 to grab my replay. So here it is (PAL format):

There is one close call somewhere shortly after Wipperman but that's all it is, a close call. :)
I'll check it during the week-end.
TheWizard will look at veilsidebr's replay when it is posted.

Can someone NTSC check Wizard's replay and someone PAL check mine ?

I was able to finish up my business trip a day early. WOOT!! I'm back baby! hehe.

I just had a look at The Wizard's replay. Clean as a whistle, and a very nice, controlled lap to boot. Well done lap sir! 👍

Here's my replay also. I like to post 'em up to be archived just in case my hard drive crashes or something stupid like that.

You know, I really am impressed with all the people here in WRS. Through all of the controversy this week, everyone was respectful and articulate in their opinions. We don't all have to agree on everything, but the fact that we respect one another, and show it, means a lot. 👍 It's a class group here, and I for one am grateful for that.

Ray, I am so sorry you didn't get the win. It's a bitter pill to swallow. :guilty:
But believe me, you have gained a lot of respect for the dignified way that you conducted yourself. :bowdown:

Now I think it's time to get out a very nice old rally car ! :D

Attachments

• wk30minorshunt.max
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
jase86
Drama continues...
:lol:
you can check the time code on the replay when it was save and what not. to see whether it was done before the deadline or not. but it doesnt matter. you submitted late
~~~~ Jase

heh, but its not hard to change the date on the ps2 and thus the file creation date.
hell, i could make you a replay from before gt4 was released if you wanted. :P

MinorShunt
Congrats to holl01, DrW, and SRD on their division wins. 👍 Well done to all who were able to submit a clean lap. Not an easy task this week.

Puck, you nipped me right at the end there to keep me out of the top 10 I see. :irked:
I'll get you next time! :P

Just getting to my computer now, way late in the week. Damn Holl, close call but clean 👍 , incredible lap. Yeah sorry about that one MS, but if not for a brain fart at the last turn, I would have nipped a couple more people as well, probably CFM, Fryz and Vexd definitely, beyond that who knows. I'll try to upload the lap tomorrow so everyone can see how bad I really suck, so should have been low 7:02's, maybe a 7:01 :grumpy: I'll be skipping this week, so you'll have to wait for week 32 for your revenge ;) !

MinorShunt
I just had a look at The Wizard's replay. Clean as a whistle, and a very nice, controlled lap to boot. Well done lap sir! 👍

Thank you, kind sir 👍 ;)

I hope you are not saying that just because you know I will be checking your replay next :D :sly: :lol: (j/k)

I will, though, check your replay, tomorrow afternoon and let you and Cyril know my findings (hopefully good findings :D).

The Wizard.

Puck927
I'll be skipping this week, so you'll have to wait for week 32 for your revenge ;) !

oh good... i'm not the only one sitting this week out.
(got a 10 page paper due on monday + final exam monday night then another final tuesday night...)

Here´s my last replay for verification.

Well done everyone, specially holl01, nice win mate, also for geting 3 consecutive wins. 👍

Attachments

• GT4 - VeilSidebr - WRS30.max
    48.6 KB · Views: 11

Latest Posts

Back