GT4 WRS Week 32 : "Sunset ride on James St."

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 152 comments

Tedehur

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Z spec
Here it comes, the long awaited race in the streets of Seattle. With an american car, of course. Ok, it's a cliché to run US cars on US tracks, but in the case of Seattle it seems that everyone is looking forward to driving a big V8 engine there. So here it is... the 5.7l (348 cubic inches) V8 of the Camaro IROC-Z.
This car was first sold as an option package for the Z28, and became a full model with the '88 concept we'll be driving this week. IROC stands for International Race Of the Champions, since the event was sponsored by Chevy at the time the car was produced.

Week 32 : Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 @ Seattle Circuit

WRS32.jpg

Game mode :
GT Mode / City Courses / Seattle Circuit / Free Run (hotlap)

Car specifications :
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 fully modified with the following restrictions :
(car is awarded when winning the Camaro Meeting at the Chevrolet dealer Events)
  • no NOS (power should reach 550 hp) ;
  • no racing super-soft tyres.

Race rules :
Standard clean OLR rules :
  • 2 wheels on track at all time ;
  • rumble strips are part of the track ;
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible ;
  • no contact with AI ;
  • if you're not 100% sure that you lap is clean, then consider it dirty ;
  • no hybrids ;
  • no cheating of any kind ;
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules ;
  • save your replay (save ghost icon).

Thread rules :
You can discuss anything (T times, sector times, speeds, settings, etc) except :
  • lap time ;
  • final race time ;
  • any information which can be used to infer lap/race time.

Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (flat-out).
  • you can submit only once per race ;
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and time(s) ;
  • deadline is tuesday 22nd november 9pm GMT (L.A. 1pm, New-York 4pm, London 9pm, Paris 10pm, Tokyo wed. 5am, Sydney wed. 8am).

Time verification :
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted.
  • fastest times each week will be required to submit with verification ;
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request ;
  • when a time verification has been required, the concerned racer must provide a replay before next race deadline ;
  • failure to do so will result in the submitted time to be removed for the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database ;
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified.

-----------------------------------oOo-----------------------------------
Acceptable Use Policy | Terms of Service | Weekly Race Series

First to post

<edit> Okay maybe not...lol This should be fun, I've been waiting for Seattle...giddy up!</edit>

Alright well I love FLYING down the 'stairs' here that is for sure.

jump_ace

jump_ace
Alright well I love FLYING down the 'stairs' here that is for sure.

jump_ace
You'll actually have to fly the stairs up this week. We're on Seattle forward.

Aw hell ... I wasn't intending to run the WRS until maybe next year, but I love Seattle and I test drove the IROC only 2 days ago and really liked it (one ugly mofo, but a nice ride). I will *HAVE* to run a few laps for this week.

Now I just have to figure out where the time is coming form.

So by 'no racing super-soft tyres', does that mean we are allowed to use 'Racing Soft Tyres' or we are not allowed to use Racing tyres at all?

Casio
So by 'no racing super-soft tyres', does that mean we are allowed to use 'Racing Soft Tyres' or we are not allowed to use Racing tyres at all?
You can use racing super hards, racing hards, racing mediums and racing softs.
Or even sports tyres if you think the combo is not challenging enough ;)

bleurabbit7
Should be fun. The only part I hate is the uphill.
Yep, but it makes good pictures.

Sounds like a good combo, Cyril.

I always have liked Seattle, ever since myself and a mate took 3 days almost solid to gold the special licence test in GT3! :crazy:

Either way round it's still the best city course in the game, (IMO).

Yes Monaco is good, great even. But Seattle is more of a challenge because of the camber changes, surface changes, elevation changes and of course the railway tracks.

Anyway, time to stop yattering, and see what this american sled is like at turning corners........probably about as good as a Harley! :scared:

Neil

flat-out
deadline is tuesday 22th november
Thats 22nd i beleive, not 22th.

Also the laps....it says you cant talk about lap time or final time...suggesting to me there is multiple laps??

Great combo, but i can see that last littl chicaney bit being a real bi*ch,
i forsee amazing times, followed by a wall at the end :( i also have a habit of hitting walls on the straight thus ruining my lap for no good reason :crazy:
Should be fun...

EDIT:
flat-out
please include in your submission PM your division, name and time(s) ;
Time (s)....yup looks like more than a hotlap...

EDIT (again) :
Electric.......
It says free ruon so probably-
Yeh, my bad lol

Game mode :
GT Mode / City Courses / Seattle Circuit / Free Run

First line of the race spec's guys!

free run is 'Hot lap' in GT mode!

EDITS it back in for a laugh!
Try reading the thing first, then you won't look like a numbskull when someone else corrects you! :)
EDIT

Neil

Reading it first eh? What a diabolicaly proper concept. You know how us guys are, we'd rather throw something away instead of reading the instruction manual.

Great combo flat-out, just ran a few laps, that IROC sure handles better then most of the American Muscle cars. I have a '70 Chevelle that handles like a dream unless turning and or braking are involved.
Hey big congrats chicken fryer, that is what the "f" means , right? I'd like to say I'll miss you, but I won't, go rattle the D1 guys for awhile. Good job, you deserved it!!

Well casio, you're the man with the big target on his shirt now!

Soz mate, was writing it as you were editing your post to say you had spotted the free-run bit!

Then I edited that line out, didn't think you would spot it!

Was only winding you up anyway. :)

First splits with 543 Bhp/550 HP

Full up-grades, but no changes yet. So these are my base-line!

T1 30.394 (Have seen plenty of sub 30's tho)
T2 1,11.310

Neil

ballstothewall
Soz mate, was writing it as you were editing your post to say you had spotted the free-run bit!

Then I edited that line out, didn't think you would spot it!

Was only winding you up anyway. :)

First splits with 543 Bhp/550 HP

Full up-grades, but no changes yet. So these are my base-line!

T1 30.394 (Have seen plenty of sub 30's tho)
T2 1,11.310

Neil

AND BALLS' TAKES THE LEAD ON LUXY'S LEADERBOARD!!!! WHOOO!

T1 27.969
T2 1:07.290 messed up bad on 1 turn and still no idea how to do the traintracks section

Still .5 on the ending. You have to just full throttle the whole way at the last turn and hope you can hit the inside with no skid. I'm too scared to do it on my good lap, but I can do it when I'm chasing my ghost. :banghead:

a normal car...

but i love it!!!

racing tires
full tune
gt mode
seattle
hotlap

this is great, great stuff 👍

Puck927
Hey look, an Italian Retard Out Cruising....should be a fun week :lol:

*cough* I'll pretend I didn't see that... ;)

Seattle? Uhm, I don't think I ever raced there in GT4, yet - and if I did, I wasn't paying attention.

Hopefully I will manage to put a couple of laps in, but this week I have enough hell to take care of as it is...

Later... (maybe)

The Wizard.

A little off - :eek: okay a LOT off pace, but this is my first clean lap and fastest for my first 20 min session:

T1 - :29.148
T2 - 1:09.221

jump_ace

T1: 29.547
T2: 1'10.257

Haven't tweaked on anything yet and this was hardly a great run, but I have too many other races to compete in tonight! :ack:

Back