GT4 WRS Week 6: "Step Into the Ring!"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 571 comments

CFM

Hello everyone, welcome to week 6 of the GT4 WRS, the one you've all been waiting for.:sly: After this week, you will be able to run the 'Ring with your eyes closed.:)

Arcade Mode:

Time Trial / World Circuits

Track :

Nurburgring Nordschleife

Car:

Audi Abt TT-R Touring Car '02

week6race5lt.jpg

Driving Options: Driver's choice
Tranny: MT or AT
Driving Aids: Any
Tires: Racing (Any)

Quick Tune-up:

Full Tune: +20% hp, -10% kg
(556 HP, 972 kg)

Rules:

Only discuss the following "T" times:
T2,T4,T7, and T9

Clean OLR Standards
2 wheels on track at all times
Rumble Strips are part of the track
Cobblestones are part of the track
Paved run off areas are part of the track
No wall riding
No wall contact AT ALL
No short cutting
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Save your best lap ghost
Submit the time listed in the ghost replay file name

Time Verification:
-The division 1 winner each week will be required to submit with verification.
-All divisions of racers are subject to a request of time verification, however, this does not mean all racers will be required to submit verification for each race.
-Once a request for the verification of a time has been made the racer in question must comply.
-Any request of verification must addressed by the racer in question with in 3 days of the request or the time in question will be removed from the database as well as the WRS results.

Deadline: Before Tuesday May 17th, 8:00am CST
No times will be accepted after Tuesday 8:00am CST = Tuesday 1:00pm GMT
http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Time Submission:
Send your final time to me using a Private Message. Include your division with your time please!

Any questions, just ask here. See you all at the finish line, and remember: SAVE THOSE REPLAYS!:cool:

Nice combo!

DTM cars handle lovely, im sure this will be a blast!

Woohoo, at last the car is revealed... and it's a beauty! nice one... (glad I bought it a few weeks back for the photomode competition!! ;) ) Still, I'm pretty average around the 'Ring, expect to be mid- to bottom half of Div 2 this week :nervous:

sik combo CFM.. ive been running the A4 DTM car around the 'ring in my spare time, lets hope it handles like the TT. i wont be the least bit suprised if we see a few broken wheels and DS2's after the end of this week.. lol

Just because of the choice of car i'm going to race this weekend! :dopey:👍

Great decision!

YES!!!!! :drool:

Hopefully all of my practice in the JGTC cars and my Audi A4 Touring Car will help me with this week's race.

Last week's race was with a car that I'd never driven (personally I don't like front-wheel drive) and a track that I don't care for (too herky-jerky and too many 90 degree corners).

This week should be a BLAST. Good luck to all!

Seems like fun, hopefully the stock suspension settings won't make it too much of a bumpy ride. Little question though... is this car available immediately in Arcade mode, or do we need to have it in Sim mode to also have it in Arcade?

Two quick notes: We will be using the "relaxed" rules this week, so please read the rules in the first post carefully. Any questions that arise (I'm sure they will) about whether a certain section is considered "on track" or not, please ask here so the issue may be settled asap.

Also, if the Audi ABT TT-R Touring car does not appear in Arcade mode, simply go to SIm mode and purchase it at the Audi dealer for $550,000. It will then be unlocked in Arcade mode. Just in case it's not available at the start of the game.

T13R
Seems like fun, hopefully the stock suspension settings won't make it too much of a bumpy ride. Little question though... is this car available immediately in Arcade mode, or do we need to have it in Sim mode to also have it in Arcade?

The suspension is very sweet on this ride IMO. I didn't ever even feel the need to run TCS at all during my testing runs. I'm not sure if it's available in Arcade at the start, see post above.:)

That's too bad for some people with less then $550,000. But I'm not one of them and I've already purchased one, not to mention 700+ miles on it. So I'm pretty much familiar with the handling of this beauty.

550,000 takes the best part of 15 - 20 mins to acquire.

enough chit chat, who has some T times to kick the leaderboard off this week?

I would get some T Times up in here but I have school in less then an hour so I'll get running at about a little after 3PM my time (6:50AM here now)

Great combo!

Look forward to doing better this week!

Laters

Small_Fryz
550,000 takes the best part of 15 - 20 mins to acquire.

enough chit chat, who has some T times to kick the leaderboard off this week?

Here's mine from my testing session, which ended up lasting 2 hours, because it's so addicting.:dopey: T2, T4, T7, T9...

1'04.672 / 2'11.091 / 3'47.567 / 4'40.202

WHEEEEEEEE.....

Oh yeah baby! This is the 2nd best car (IMHO) to take to the Ring...
next to the M3 GTR race car!

Can't wait to get home (at work right now but shift is almost over)
and start this weeks event!

YEAH BABY!

Please..someone post some T-times so I've got something to beat! :D

Just kidding! :)

Are we posting T's 3,6,9? or what?

If so spot the deliberate mistake CFM buddy!

Please can you clarify which one's we are gonna use?

Neil

Yeah finally an Auto Union ... they rule ... haha, probably because I drive one in real life 👍

Will need to touch up my Nurb times but with a fine car like this that should be a pleasure to do !

Just the money thing again ... ain't got the cash ! :grumpy:

Fastest way to get cr550000 anyone ?

ballstothewall

Neil

:)

CFM
Only discuss the following "T" times:
T2,T4,T7, and T9

kragbees
Yeah finally an Auto Union ... they rule ... haha, probably because I drive one in real life 👍

Will need to touch up my Nurb times but with a fine car like this that should be a pleasure to do !

Conditions Hall > Costa di Amalfi > 250K Rally Raid Car aqquired, sell it and you get 250,000 credits. Repeat.

kragbees

DTM series in b-spec mode, in something decent!
900,000cr for 20 mins of button pushing

or

second special conditions duo, in anything
Do it twice for over 500,000cr

Neil

ballstothewall

Neil

2,4,7, and 9 as stated in the rules. You did read the rules, right?:sly:

Kragbees, simply run the second race series from the top in Special Condidtions Events (Rally at Costa di Amalfi, Easy), it takes about 10 minutes to do both races, and the prize car is worth around 300,000 dollars.

Thanx Blackbird, missed it in the #1 post! d'ho

@CFm yes did read but missed it, missus was talking to me at the time! :crazy:
👍 👍

No problem. I can see why CFM are going to be less harsh on us this week not even a T Time is shown and someone's already confused. :P

Or Kragbees for 700K+ it might take a bit longer but you could B-spec that German Championship series I forget the formal name for it.

Thanks CFM and the rest of you guys, I will run that one a few times and make up the bucks.

To ballstothewall, me and you did quite crappy last week ... we better shape up this week buddy ! :nervous:

We're always close in times I see !

kragbees
Thanks CFM and the rest of you guys, I will run that one a few times and make up the bucks.

To ballstothewall, me and you did quite crappy last week ... we better shape up this week buddy ! :nervous:

We're always close in times I see !

Copy that, BIG TIME good buddy!

I know, cheesy, but all i could think of at time! lol

I need to shapen up as well. Everytime I've ran the Nurb I've messed up in one way or another. Crashed, went off course, missed a corner completely and cut through grass, etc. :indiff: This will be a challenge to myself not just against each other.

CFM
Also, if the Audi ABT TT-R Touring car does not appear in Arcade mode, simply go to SIm mode and purchase it at the Audi dealer for $550,000. It will then be unlocked in Arcade mode. Just in case it's not available at the start of the game.

:eek: :eek: Cr550,000

I've only got Cr275,000. I guess I'll have to go to the Credit bank and rob it. :dopey:

Great car thou. I should do well.

Back