GT4's Graphics

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 58 comments
  • 7,630 views

JohnBM01

21 years!
In Memoriam
Messages
26,911
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
Messages
JMarine25
Hello, GT Planet.

Looking at the amount of detail in GT4, it is so lovely and... well, detailed. Someone put on some sweet-voiced music for me? Thank you:

(Playing: "Carrickfergus" - Charlotte Church, from CD "Enchantment")

I see very good things for GT4 in terms of graphics. Some screenshots look like I'm watching a race on Speed Channel than playing a PS2 game. Gran Turismo 4 looks like you'll wish that the world looked as lovely as GT4. In fact, when I played GT3, I thought it looked better than real life. And the cars? I know convertible and roadster owners will be able to feel the wind in their hair... well, in the game at least. Bald-haired GT guys will feel the cold-feeling wind of a car at high speed. Long-haired lady GT racers will be able to have their hair fly into the wind while they listen to... who do girls like to listen to nowadays... I'll just name anyone. Justin Timberlake.

In terms of cars, if GT fans can get their hands on the Bentleys that won Le Mans, that would be so freakin' cool. I mean, I like them for the reasons specified: they're British Racing Green, they're... um, British, and they just look like Mulsanne-flying, 200 mph chick magnets (if only it was a two seater... hey, I wouldn't mind paying $600,000+ to own one). There is also the chance of LMP Droptops and maybe even more Le Mans racers past and present. So, and I'll say this again. Even if you don't like auto racing, racing games, or even video games, I'm sure this game will have EVERYONE finding something to love about Gran Turismo 4. This game might be as popular in the racing community as "Madden NFL 2004" in the American sports community.

(turns off song)

Well, talk about graphics here. What are you looking to see in GT4 in terms of the visuals?
 
Better tracksides. The screenies make GT3 look quite barren. It's what has always disappointed me about GT3.
 
look, gt3 was awesome, the first time i played that i was blown away...and the funny thing is, i played it yesterday and..well,..was blown away again, no other game has ever done that to me. if gt4 has more detail on the cars and on the tracks than thats good enough for me:D
 
but it is clear that GT3 seems not as good as the first time I started it !!!

I played it this week end and felt like disapointed... but the gameplay still alive in the black box !!!!

( in fact, to have the patience to wait until next christmas .. as GT4 will certainly not released earlier in France .. I bought PGR2... ok ok sorry but you know the ring + 360 challenge is a good substitution product before GT4 ... so i re-discovered the GT gameplay... really really more real !!!!! IMO...)

So it is clear that GT4 is amazing to watch... so nice... so clean and ... so late !!!! arhhh

( imagine when GT 6 will come out !!!! hihihi !!!... something like a real window to the race world !!! .. is this a tv or a window ????)
 
Sorry to burst bubbles but yet another talk about he graphics, maybe someone should do a search before posting, thank you...
 
He's not talking about how good they are, he's asking what you or I would expect to see presumable that wasn't seen in GT3. I expect to see true 100% real reflection mapping and also 6 open top cars able to race together unlike GT4P which allowed only 2.

On another note John, you said theres a chance of LMP cars (open top LM cars are caled LMP, closed top LM cars like the Bentley are called LMR's), the chance is a reality, I'm sure you've seen the Peugeot Courage C60, I hope to see many more of them though.
 
Yeah, and I loved it. Can't wait to race them (and upset the R8s).
 
wat i wud like 2 c is better detail on the senery and i deffinately no that there will b cas of da screenshots
 
1080i.
 
Black95Z28
You know, I wasn't that impressed with 1080i. I actually use 480p now to get rid of the jitters that the asian copies had when interlaced at time. I wonder if the jitters have been fixed in NA release, I will probably know by tomorrow with everybody starting to get the game.

Also, steveiscool2, your spelling makes my head hurt which makes you uncool. Keep the shorthand for cell text messaging.
 
The first thing that caught my attention was how detailed the tires and wheels where.
Also, The barriers and walls on the tracks looks more rounded. 👍
 
In terms of visuals, I'm looking for a wider variety of angles and shots on the replays. Also, more flybys to really get a sense of speed. You know.... like the still camera awaiting roaring LMPs around the next bend....and then the cameras vibrate with turbulence as the stampede rumbles by, then struggling to maintain visual on the lead car.... :)
 
who cares about graphics?????? GT3's graphics would still satisfy me.


WHAT ABOUT THE SOUND????????????? i heard they went a long way to actually make realistic sounds for each car........Is it true???????
 
One thing about GT3, the car was moving too slow through the environment, i mean, you are driving 300km/h and by the slow movement of trees and etc. it seems like 80km/h, i hope this will be fixed in GT4
 
I can still remember my thoughts when i first saw GT 3 on the PS2.
As in last weeks/months there were playable Demos with only one car, but with some patches you were able to drive 5 or 8 Cars.

The Game looked amazing and lots of people just couldn´t believe what they saw !

Everybody was talking about photo-realism and many people said, that there was nothing left to improve, especially at the graphics !

And now ???

Just 15 more days and europe can enjoy the latest photo-realism on the ps2.

For the first time i really can´t imagine how GT5 on the PS3 ist going to look like !
 
JohnBM01
Hello, GT Planet.

Looking at the amount of detail in GT4, it is so lovely and... well, detailed. Someone put on some sweet-voiced music for me? Thank you:

(Playing: "Carrickfergus" - Charlotte Church, from CD "Enchantment")

I see very good things for GT4 in terms of graphics. Some screenshots look like I'm watching a race on Speed Channel than playing a PS2 game. Gran Turismo 4 looks like you'll wish that the world looked as lovely as GT4. In fact, when I played GT3, I thought it looked better than real life. And the cars? I know convertible and roadster owners will be able to feel the wind in their hair... well, in the game at least. Bald-haired GT guys will feel the cold-feeling wind of a car at high speed. Long-haired lady GT racers will be able to have their hair fly into the wind while they listen to... who do girls like to listen to nowadays... I'll just name anyone. Justin Timberlake.

In terms of cars, if GT fans can get their hands on the Bentleys that won Le Mans, that would be so freakin' cool. I mean, I like them for the reasons specified: they're British Racing Green, they're... um, British, and they just look like Mulsanne-flying, 200 mph chick magnets (if only it was a two seater... hey, I wouldn't mind paying $600,000+ to own one). There is also the chance of LMP Droptops and maybe even more Le Mans racers past and present. So, and I'll say this again. Even if you don't like auto racing, racing games, or even video games, I'm sure this game will have EVERYONE finding something to love about Gran Turismo 4. This game might be as popular in the racing community as "Madden NFL 2004" in the American sports community.

(turns off song)

Well, talk about graphics here. What are you looking to see in GT4 in terms of the visuals?

I may of misunderstood you here so please feel free to correct me, but, you do realise that the Bentley is in GT4 don't you?
 
87chevy
who cares about graphics?????? GT3's graphics would still satisfy me.
Agreed. But then again, anything's better than GT2's rendering.

WHAT ABOUT THE SOUND????????????? i heard they went a long way to actually make realistic sounds for each car........Is it true???????
We'll see...er, hear. GT3's sound a little derivative (like GT1), compared to GT2. In any case (and slightly OT) I'm hoping so, since I usually get bored/annoyed by the music in the GT series somewhere around the Sunday Cup.
 
This is a very old thread, almost exactly a year. So I don't know if you are going to get replies from those who quoted...
 
alexsteffen
I can still remember my thoughts when i first saw GT 3 on the PS2.
As in last weeks/months there were playable Demos with only one car, but with some patches you were able to drive 5 or 8 Cars.

The Game looked amazing and lots of people just couldn´t believe what they saw !

Everybody was talking about photo-realism and many people said, that there was nothing left to improve, especially at the graphics !

And now ???

Just 15 more days and europe can enjoy the latest photo-realism on the ps2.

For the first time i really can´t imagine how GT5 on the PS3 ist going to look like !

The PS3 should be designed specifically with the GT series and MGS series in mind since these 2 companies, PD and Konami, are really the only groups that try to take these machines to the next level. I mean just look at what they did with the original PS. Then GT3 and MGS 2 come out on the PS2 and look phenomenal, then we get MGS 3 and it just blew me away with how they took the system up a notch and now GT4.
There is a recent EGM that came out either this months or the month before that has a few screen shots of what NFS and Maddden can look like on the upcoming consoles and after seeing those i can only imagine what PD will do with the system, hell I wouldn't even mind if they didn't take GT5's graphics to the next level just so we could see 20-30 car fields and a better AI.
It is the February issue pg. 23 and 24
 
i dont know have i just missed it or dosent there are any photos of the real game not replays but when you are driving?? i havent seen one..
 
The h0mosexuality in the first post makes me paranoidly clench my butt cheeks.
 
smellysocks12
The h0mosexuality in the first post makes me paranoidly clench my butt cheeks.

Is it the refrence too Charlotte Church's music by any chance?
 
.... or is it the obsessed reference with a guy's hair blowing in the wind? Maybe the Justin Timberlake being mentioned in a combination with GT4 (a relation I don't see)... Who knows? It's probably the whole aura of gayness around the topic.
 
alexsteffen
I can still remember my thoughts when i first saw GT 3 on the PS2.
As in last weeks/months there were playable Demos with only one car, but with some patches you were able to drive 5 or 8 Cars.

The Game looked amazing and lots of people just couldn´t believe what they saw !

Everybody was talking about photo-realism and many people said, that there was nothing left to improve, especially at the graphics !

And now ???

Just 15 more days and europe can enjoy the latest photo-realism on the ps2.

For the first time i really can´t imagine how GT5 on the PS3 ist going to look like !

I know you guys may think I'm crazy for sayin this, but as far as graphics go for GT5, I'm putting my money on the first part of the GT4 intro. Thats what I think GT5 may look like. Where am I getting this from? Well, the past couple GT games' intros have been great indicators of what to expect from the next game in the lineup. Just go back and look at the GT2 intro. Nobody ever thought we'd see in game graphics of that quality, but then GT3 came along! So, yea, thats the least that I expect from GT5. Especially if the PS3 does manage to have 4 cell processors
 
gt3 created goose bumps when i first saw it, then i saw a video of the lotus fire blade on nurburgring and i almost cried :dopey: lol, i was lookin on gt4 site and i took a little quiz, a real shot of a corner or ingame....i got 9/20 rite, i was tierd but i couldnt belive what i saw
 
Well now that i have it, I must say................ meh.

The opening sequence nearly made me orgasm.............but, in game graphics seem to be only marginally better. The backgrounds are more detailed, and the replay graphics are better, but overall........ their good enough. Like i said, i would have been happy with GT3 graphics. (which it looks like anyways)

BUT i am playing on an older Projection TV, so i know max resolution is out the window. But it is 52inches across. ;)


the sound, well, i went into arcade mode and drove a '69 Camaro, an SSR, and a Chevelle :drool:, but the sound quality wasn't really there. The exhaust wasn't loud enough, maybe with upgraded exhuasts, they will be better. hopefully....
 
GT's graphics have always been top notch.
But, i can understand having no tread marks..but why dont the cars have reverse lights?
I mean its pretty simple..to add realism, they could have at least gave the cars reverse lights, not that its a big issue. But..it would have at least added to that realism.
 
jhonsok
GT's graphics have always been top notch.
But, i can understand having no tread marks..but why dont the cars have reverse lights?
I mean its pretty simple..to add realism, they could have at least gave the cars reverse lights, not that its a big issue. But..it would have at least added to that realism.

Totally agreed 👍
 
I'll put it to you this way, now owning GT4..

GT4 is SO different from GT3 in every perspective it feels more like GT5 than a direct sequel to part 3. It's a whole new beast in so many good ways.

Playing it at 1080i is a super super super great experience.. The game really produces that feeling you got when you were a kid playing at the arcade.. you felt the superiority of the arcade machines verses the Nintendo you had at home. I get that feeling when I play GT4 in comparison to GT3..

But that could just be me.

Jay
 
WRX02Slowness
I'll put it to you this way, now owning GT4..

GT4 is SO different from GT3 in every perspective it feels more like GT5 than a direct sequel to part 3. It's a whole new beast in so many good ways.

Playing it at 1080i is a super super super great experience.. The game really produces that feeling you got when you were a kid playing at the arcade.. you felt the superiority of the arcade machines verses the Nintendo you had at home. I get that feeling when I play GT4 in comparison to GT3..

But that could just be me.

Jay

yeah, definitley just you and your HD TV. on my TV it looks a little better than GT3. but i'm still happy because of all the new features and cars they brought back.
 
Back