GT5 Academy Edition

It has ALL DLC ever released for GT5 a part from the new Corvette C7 Test Prototype, which is available for free anyway.

Not correct, Academy Edition have all DLC prior to Motegi. So you don't get the Motegi track pack, you don't get last car DLC and this Vette IIRC

You have codes for download the following content - check the bottom of this link:
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5ae/

Note how "Complete Pack" consists of the Course pack, Racing Gear Pack, Paint Pack and Racing Car Pack. Check the details about all DLC content here:

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5/dlc/

Academy Edition DOES NOT include 'Twin Ring Motegi Pack', 'Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11', 'Subaru BRZ S '12' and 'Corvette C7 Test Prototype '12'.

To download DLC you have to type in codes you got with the game at "Redeem Code" section of the PlayStation Store. You have to download the content and then start the game. On the first game screen you have to manually "Install" the content with the "Install" RED BUTTON.

Once installed, you will get all items (car, gear and paints) to collect from either Delivery Truck or Paint/Gear item-boxes while tracks will be at your full disposal to use in all parts of the game.

I already have the XL edition. Do I need to get the academy edition? The XL edition has voucher for DLCs. Will that voucher work for all the DLCs that are released after XL edition?

Last edited:
I already have the XL edition. Do I need to get the academy edition? The XL edition has voucher for DLCs. Will that voucher work for all the DLCs that are released after XL edition?

Probably yes, from what I understand this voucher gives you wallet money, don't know if it's only for GT DLC or for everything else, but at least it will work with the GT DLC's...

I was wondering if somebody already was able to enter the Academy sesonal challenge yet with their voucher codes.

It will start 1-1-13 so it may be only legit from that date.

Sofar no succes for me,code not valid was the message.

Also ,The Netherlands and Belgium are not eligible but I hope they can still compete.

Academy Edition is not available in the US.

I was wondering if somebody already was able to enter the Academy sesonal challenge yet with their voucher codes.

It will start 1-1-13 so it may be only legit from that date.

Sofar no succes for me,code not valid was the message.

Also ,The Netherlands and Belgium are not eligible but I hope they can still compete.

Same for me !!!

The GT 5 Academy Edition have only all the DLC after 18/10/11, or and all the Stealth Model (ex. McLaren F1 '94 Stealth Model) which were in the Collector's Edition?

Does anyone know if the German Academy Edition is supposed to come with the GT Botique discount coupon? I didn't receive one or at least I haven't noticed it. I figured it would come as a card like the DLC and contest but there is nothing I have seen.

Question: Is the GT Academy version that you can buy in the store, the GT game include some packs or is it more like an add on like if you will buy it you will also need to buy GT? (a friend of me is thinking about gettin gt5)

The GT 5 Academy Edition have only all the DLC after 18/10/11, or and all the Stealth Model (ex. McLaren F1 '94 Stealth Model) which were in the Collector's Edition?
They were preorder cars. They won't come with the game.
Does anyone know if the German Academy Edition is supposed to come with the GT Botique discount coupon? I didn't receive one or at least I haven't noticed it. I figured it would come as a card like the DLC and contest but there is nothing I have seen.
As far as I'm aware it should do.
Question: Is the GT Academy version that you can buy in the store, the GT game include some packs or is it more like an add on like if you will buy it you will also need to buy GT? (a friend of me is thinking about gettin gt5)
It's a full game. Look on the GTPlanet blog where we announced it in July.

It is a full updated GT game.
With the game you get a code which you can use in the playstationstore to get all the DLC (Except Motegi I believe.)
Also a code for the GT academy competition in the month January.

Edit: beaten by Famine

So if i want to compete in the GT Academy competition I will have to buy the whole package? And wich countrys will be able to take a part this round? I guess europe, but any one got a list of wich country?

So if i want to compete in the GT Academy competition I will have to buy the whole package? And wich countrys will be able to take a part this round? I guess europe, but any one got a list of wich country?
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d56267.html

GT Academy Challenge is open to all purchasers of GT5: Academy Edition, with players from Austria, Czech Rep., Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Rep. of Ireland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and UK eligible to attend a day of intensive driver training(1).
And yes, you will need to buy the Academy version of GT5 in order to get the voucher code that's inside it.

Back