GT5 and steering wheel bundle?

  • Thread starter Thread starter [Ugly]Cow
  • 47 comments
  • 9,575 views
Messages
3
So I am looking to buy the Driving Force GT but I am wondering if Logitech and Polyphony Digital are going to release a combo package of wheel and game with the launch of GT5. Anyone have any idea if this is going to happen or if I should just go right ahead and get myself a GT? Yes I would like a g25 or a Fanatec wheel but my budget just can't handle that.
 
Probably so, GT3 came bundled with a driving force, not sure on gt4 though. Hope that helps.
 
Might not be straight away though. Probably after they have shifted a fair few.

I got my driving force GT quite cheap off of Amazon if that's any help :)
 
I really don't think so mate, but as Owen said Amazon has some great deals on both (GT5 and the DFGT). GT5 in preorder has like $5 in discount, and the DFGT has been as low as $99.99 (Well, $100 :lol:). I'd go with that option, so you can enjoy GT5:P with a wheel as soon as possible, learning how to use a wheel is somewhat lengthy but it's totally worth it 👍.

EDIT: I checked Amazon.com (in case you live in the U.S) and there's a DFGT going for $89.63 + $12.99 shipping at the moment. I'd say, DO IT NOW! :D
 
I have a driving force EX (the blue ones). I bought it to use with GT4, because it was a logitech and way cheap ($25 new). It is compatible with the PS3, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how superior the DFGT would be. I wouldn't be able to afford a G25/27 either.

Thanks.
 
I have a driving force EX (the blue ones). I bought it to use with GT4, because it was a logitech and way cheap ($25 new). It is compatible with the PS3, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how superior the DFGT would be. I wouldn't be able to afford a G25/27 either.

Thanks.
Sell it and get the DFGT. You can't say no to full compatibility with GT5, superior force feedback, 900° rotation and sequential shifter.
 
Does anyone know if GT5 is to make use of the H-Shifter of the G25/27? For that matter, what about the GT TT did it?
 
The G25/27 will be fully compatible with GT5 - if there is a console/game-wheel bundle chances are it will be the G27 - that is their newest product (Edit: after reading a bit more I'm not so sure about this anymore). I just got one for about the same money as I paid for the DF Pro when they were the latest thing (and it is very very very nice - almost nice enough to take to bed).

The H shifter only has 6 gears and no sequential mode (as the G25 did), but it does have reverse - a big plus in my book - I didn't like having to search for the little button with the wheel at full lock. I'm not sure what happens when you select 6th on a 5 speed car - have not yet had the chance. Save your pennies, the G27 is worth every cent.
 
Last edited:
I have a driving force EX (the blue ones). I bought it to use with GT4, because it was a logitech and way cheap ($25 new). It is compatible with the PS3, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how superior the DFGT would be. I wouldn't be able to afford a G25/27 either.

Thanks.

If you can't afford for now the G25/G27, go for the DFGT or, if you'll find a good deal on a pre-owned one in mint condition, a DFP.
 
[Ugly]Cow;3802798
So I am looking to buy the Driving Force GT but I am wondering if Logitech and Polyphony Digital are going to release a combo package of wheel and game with the launch of GT5. Anyone have any idea if this is going to happen or if I should just go right ahead and get myself a GT? Yes I would like a g25 or a Fanatec wheel but my budget just can't handle that.

Humm, my budget can't handle a G27 at the moment I bought a wheel too, but the DFGT worth every cent you pay for it. I dislike the "plastic" feel of the pedals, and all the noise the wheel does when you're countersteering, but it's a good wheel overall. Also, you need to learn how to use the wheel to shave some precious tenths of seconds, so buying a DFGT might be a good training until you can afford a G27. Well, that's the two cents of a complete rookie with a wheel, but I think it may help you in some way. ;)

Played with a G27 too, it's far better indeed. 👍

... I'm not sure what happens when you select 6th on a 5 speed car - have not yet had the chance. Save your pennies, the G27 is worth every cent.

Also, how can you upshift to 7th gear using the H shifter in the G27? You have to use the paddles to do that? I was wondering about this too.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know if GT5 is to make use of the H-Shifter of the G25/27? For that matter, what about the GT TT did it?

The only reason the G27 wasn't fully compatible with prologue is the game was released before the wheel was. Even the spec III update was released before it (I think).
 
[Ugly]Cow;3802798
So I am looking to buy the Driving Force GT but I am wondering if Logitech and Polyphony Digital are going to release a combo package of wheel and game with the launch of GT5. Anyone have any idea if this is going to happen or if I should just go right ahead and get myself a GT? Yes I would like a g25 or a Fanatec wheel but my budget just can't handle that.
Rumor has it that Logitech are going to be releasing a limited edition version of the Driving Force GT that makes use of G27-style pedals with a wheel that is clad in premium leather. Still no decent paddles and no proper H-shifter, but as a wheel and pedal combo, it sounds good.
 
Rumor has it that Logitech are going to be releasing a limited edition version of the Driving Force GT that makes use of G27-style pedals with a wheel that is clad in premium leather. Still no decent paddles and no proper H-shifter, but as a wheel and pedal combo, it sounds good.

Hmm where does this rumour originate... Because thats what i'll be buying if that is true.
 
No idea - some random comment from an unreliable source at work, but hey, it sounds plausible to me.
 
Just save a little longer and buy a G25/27. Both are as good as eachother, 27 being a little quieter. H shifter works with prologue and TT and will with full game. The clutch alone is worth it. Where's the fun of racing without heel toe downshifts?
 
I have a semi used DFGT if your interested and live in the US :)
 
No idea - some random comment from an unreliable source at work, but hey, it sounds plausible to me.

Ohh... Please don't tell me PD have been to busy skinning cows to get GT5 realeased :)
 
Sony would be wise to invest in another partnership with Logitech, since Sony gets a cut from every DFGT sale.
 
The G25/27 will be fully compatible with GT5 - if there is a console/game-wheel bundle chances are it will be the G27 - that is their newest product.

That is Logitech's newest product. GT5 is not a logitech game. The DFGT is the official GT5 game so if there is a bundle, that will most likely be the wheel included.
 
Edit: looks like I missed a joke...

What is a Logitech G45? It is mentioned once on Logitech's Xbox360 forum and that is about it. But my claim is based on no evidence whatsoever so am happy to conceed that there may be some other console/game/wheel bundle, i.e. not the G27.

I couldn't wait so got a PS3 bundled with PlayTV - was very happy with that.
 
hehe, that's the joke right their. Considering how long it will take for GT5 to come out, and since the G27 was released last night? I am glad GT5 is taking a while, I rather have a perfect game then a crappy rushed version because everyone is so bitter about the delays.
 
I just recently purchased a dfgt from best buy for $100. I couldn't be more happy with the wheel. I never owned a wheel before and i am very pleased with the way it functions and how easy everything is laid out on the wheel. Imo if you want a great wheel without having to spend $300 dollars or more this is the way to go.
 
Well, saving my money would be nice but it seems I can get a wheel for about 90 Canadian (yup, up here in Canada) off of eBay. Has anyone had any experience with the wheels bought from eBay and it would be my first so I don't know how much serious use I would get out. That is why I am uncomfortable with buying a a g25/27.
 
Depends where you live. Bundles vary from region to region.


EU bundles:

51BQJQJ-XPL._SL160_.jpg
51H4hISLiJL._SL160.jpg
51tKEuUW9SL._SL160_.jpg
51dj64rHXnL._SL160.jpg

51QiUrzVz0L._SL160.jpg
51n8HTWj%2BGL._SL160.jpg
51dhZVF7A2L._SL160.jpg
51BuWp8lMFL._SL160.jpg
41zY-4bvJCL._SL160.jpg




US bundles:

tumbleweed_004.jpg
 
I own a G25 and had owned previously a DFP. Never tried the DFGT but, accordingly to what I've read, the wheel itself is an upgrade of the DFP, more close to the G25 in feedback and size. The pedals are the same as the DFP.

The pedals are the worst in the DFP in my opinion (and thus on the DFGT). They are nice but they're plastic and don't "feel" like a real cars pedal, making it hard to learn the sense of braking and dosing the gas. The G25 is a huge improve on this - metal pedals much more realistic, not mentioning the clutch, and they actually have different stiffness rates as the real deal - brake is harder than clutch which is harder than gas.
 
I am glad GT5 is taking a while, I rather have a perfect game then a crappy rushed version because everyone is so bitter about the delays.
Well then you'd better get ready for disappointment, because I can guarantee you that GT5 will not be the perfect game that everybody is hoping it will be.
 
Well then you'd better get ready for disappointment, because I can guarantee you that GT5 will not be the perfect game that everybody is hoping it will be.

I don't think anyone is actually expecting a perfect game, as no such thing could ever exist. In contrast, i still believe GT5 will be a substantial development in console gaming, and will set a new benchmark, and the more time PD have to 'polish' the game, the more solid that benchmark will be.

On topic, if a GT5/Whell bundle doesn't exist officially, the likes of Play, Amazon or Argos will eventually bring out some sort of discount for buying both together.
 
No, I understand the game won't be perfect. But it's better to have a game when not rushed almost at a 100 percent then a game that is just terrible.
 
Back