GT5 and Targa Florio

  • Thread starter Thread starter easye4669
  • 39 comments
  • 2,256 views
Before the do rally mode point to point, lets get a full Pikes Peak...

In fact before we have rally point to point (there's rally games for that!), lets have some point to point tarmac roads/highways of some of the worlds great scenic drives. (maybe even with random traffic???)
 
I just hope they don't go from 650cars to 300, somewhat like what happen (in respective) with GT2 - GT3... :( I'm sure GT5 will be amazing.

Hope they get the Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche license :)

I6-4-eva

Looks like a good place. Here is where I have been going.
 
hellnback
Before the do rally mode point to point, lets get a full Pikes Peak...

In fact before we have rally point to point (there's rally games for that!), lets have some point to point tarmac roads/highways of some of the worlds great scenic drives. (maybe even with random traffic???)


And there's Burnout 3 or NFSU for random traffic. The GT series has had a point to point rally stage before (Pikes Peak section in GT2 - up and down the mountain), but random traffic, no thanks.
 
Scaff - My point really was Pikes Peak is about the only point to point rally that should make it into GT, the track is practically held in the same regard as the likes of the Nurb' and Le Mans. A full Pikes Peak course offers at least 10 minutes enterntainment (record 10.04, set in 1994 by Rod Millen in a highly modified Toyota Celica).

There are already many Rally games on the PS2 console, and before GT goes too far in that direction it should concentrate on Tarmac (with some rally featured), we have alot of awesome tracks, but the inclusion of some famous scenic drives, or well known piece of highway would be awesome.

I simply said 'random traffic' so that it would keep each time you played that 'track' fresh and different, you could miss your fastest time by half a second and go 'only if that car didn't slow me at the hairpin' or 'damn that oncoming traffic'.

With or without traffic, GT should go in a point to point traffic way (ontop of all the nice tracks) before they go 'Rallying', there's already games that do that.
 
hellnback
Before the do rally mode point to point, lets get a full Pikes Peak...

In fact before we have rally point to point (there's rally games for that!), lets have some point to point tarmac roads/highways of some of the worlds great scenic drives. (maybe even with random traffic???)


Agreed. But leave the random trafic for mission mode.

The beauty of Point to Point races/time is, there is no need to warm tyres for two laps before going for a fast time. Just get in and drive, warming the tyres as you go. That makes for instant fun.

I doubt we will see happen though. I don't think PD want to promote illegal racing on open roads.
 
Uggh...in any racing game with random traffic I end up wishing I could turn it off.
 
WhiteSW20
speaking of tracks for GT5.... I want more Touge courses... mountain roads are what I really want to see in GT5... For people who play Kaido Battle 2 or sth... that's the stuff I'm talking about, yess the phyics in KB2 isn't really real at all but if it had the physics of GT I bet it'd be a great challenge for advanced GT drivers to tackle.

sorry for being a bit off topic

Artz


GT5 course " Toronto" needs to be added..
 
SaintKamus
yes, this is possible, no, you don't know for a fact, please stop making stuff up.

It's already known that Polyphony is working on Textures/Physics/Sounds for GT5, as well as scouting tracks. As of right now no one knows exactly what they have done programming wise, but polyphony has been to many places and everyone KNOWS it's not for GT4, because there is not way ti implement new tracks etc in a game this late and still make a December release. GT5 has already begun, but I can promise you won't see it until 07 sometime.
 
I heard they're already working on GT17. Going to be released on the PS9. In 2024. PREPAIR YOURSELF!
 
Aaah, GT5. It was two years delayed, but today i've now had it a month. I just passed my B liciense test with silver and am ready to race in the World Challenge Series. It's 15 races! wow. lets see. first race is Spa, nice. Then to Monaco, followed by monza, Nurburgring, and Le Mans. Then we move to the new world for Sebring, Road America, Daytona Roadval, Long Beach and Mosport. Now to the far east to get the last 5 starting with Sazuka, and sepang, then the Macau street circuit, that'll be brutal, the new China grand prix track then finally Bathurst. This is cool!
Now, if you havent knoticed GT5 has 20 car grids, and a great program for mathing your chosen ride with stiff compatition. I think I'll take the MG X-power out to play today. Not bothering to qualify, I go stait to the grid to see whats awaiting me.
1 360 CS
2 911 GT3
3 TVR Sagaris
4 Mosler MT900
5 Noble M400
6 C5 Z-06
7 911 TT
8 Panoz Esperante LM
9 C6
10 Masurati coupe GS
11 Mustang Cobra
12 BMW Z8
13 Jag XKR
14 Noble M14
15 AM V8
16 Covini C6W
17 Caddy XLR-V
18 Corvette ZR-1
19 Pontiac GTO
Better tell the wife to go to bed without me tonight, I'm going to be busy...

b
its fun being silly sometimes.
 
Back