GT5 Colour Database [Complete!]

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 193 comments
The file in the zip has no extension. What program is it done in? Any program I try just shows a bunch of nonsense. It's a little confusing. I can't find anything in the first post saying what program to open the document with.

The file in the zip has no extension. What program is it done in? Any program I try just shows a bunch of nonsense. It's a little confusing. I can't find anything in the first post saying what program to open the document with.
The file in the zip, actually, has an xls extension.

Last edited:
Nice job
Super Moderator SlipZtrEm Thx lot for litst colours.
EDIT :
i Forgot in list standard model
AC Cars 427 S/C '66 (loose her stripes)
Black
Guardsman Blue

Last edited:
Is the Black Metallic used on the S7 and several other cars the same on all of them?

It's a bit complicated.....even when the answer is a bold no. Every manifacturer has its own palette for cars. The hardest way is when you know that there are paints within the same manifacturer slightly different but with the same name.

Maybe we aren't able to see any differences between the Saleen Black Metallic and some other black metallic paints, maybe you're lucky and able to find a good one 👍

Thanks for the reply to the S7 Black Metallic question, fortunately I was able to find one in the UCD. On another note, I would like to add some colors to a car that doesn't exist in the database as of yet: the Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99. The colors I have found so far (in the UCD, as this car is paintable and as yet unseen colors can't be trusted on cars obtained through trading) are as follows: Blue, Green, Light Blue, Light Green, Light Yellow, and Orange. The colors are exactly as shown, listed in the expanded view of the car as well as the settings area when in an online lobby. I don't recall whether paint chips are earned when the car is purchased (and I've purchased it six times, so yeah my memory sucks). If anyone else has confirmed original colors they should speak up and maybe they will be added to the database. :)

Hey SlipZtrEm,

I did drop you a PM about this but have since found another 👍

The following colours from Ferrari are available as both a solid and a metallic chip.

Grigio Alloy
Blu Tour de France

I have worked out by purchasing models that the Solid paints come via purchase of the 430 Scuderia, haven't checked if other paints come as solid by purchasing the Scuderia but i'm presuming they will ;)

Hope that's useful info.

If you read some rows above he stopped the project. There is some people upgrading the sheet on this own now: that people includes me ;)
As there are many things to do for a step beyond, I can't release my sheet yet. When ready will ask him permission.
Just forget about the 2332 unique paints. There are more :scared:

For the Ferrari: sure, it is useful info ;)
Also, one more to count :ouch:

It's Complete, though I will update if there are errors. Such as the Scuderia. Slightly annoying, as the paints are just categorized incorrectly - they're the same as the Metallics last I checked.

I'll fix that and update the counts - though again, to my knowledge, after the Scuderia's added, that is indeed all the possible paint chips. The Database was never meant to count all unique colour variations of all cars, just the collectable chips :)

Only just noticed as I was checking off all of the cars I have and their respective chips but out of 7 that I have, only one Jaguar XJ220 chip that I have is actually listed...and these do in fact come with the car when it is purchased (I now know that the Motor Sport Elise doesn't come with a chip that can be used on another car). I will edit this message to include the XJ220 chips that I possess once I get a list compiled. I also want to take this opportunity to thank Slip for all of the effort that was put into this database, it came to my attention that so far it seems like I have only had complaints and that isn't the case at all. Anyway, thanks again for all the work!

This is wonderful OP, I've been using it alot collecting cars, and now collecting paint chips as well.

I came across an issue this afternoon, I didn't see a can-am white chip associated with the '69 stingray in the database. I'm convinced this is an error because I have the car/color with 0 switches, I've seen it in sharky's car shak, and I also compared the colors on the stingray to those on the convertible (premium) and noticed they are all the same except for can-am white.

Just a heads up. Keep up the good work!!

I have a feeling the Axela might be the carrier for the the Arctic White - I'll double-check with PSP tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure no GT4 car carried it, which makes that chip (and any others off the Axela) a huge pain in the arse to find.

You both have brought something to my attention too; despite "replacing" the Standards with Premium versions of the Shelby Cobra and 300SL, it seems the Standards are still in there, since both the Mercedes White and Shelby Guardsman Blue Poly are chips from the Standard versions. Though nobody's found either in the UCD yet, which means the cars are only available via the PSP transfer option, but all the paint chips apparently are still there. Will add those in then.

Icleolion - I knew I had Gris Bleu... but turns out I had a spelling error :P.

I got the Shelby Live Oak, but have yet to find more then one Cobra in the UCD.:grumpy:

Something is missing here and there because of Poliphony crazyness but it's a Brilliant Database. Do you know where "California Sage Metallic" came from? It's a sort of greenish metallish color.

Finally, collection completed. Need time to check all paints and complete updated db.

@SlipZtrem. Can you reply my PM? I'm mid-stage checking used car paints.

I don't know if anyone notices that PD has added a lot more paints (without paint chips) for cars in Dealership, such as McLaren, Ford and others.

I don't know if anyone notices that PD has added a lot more paints (without paint chips) for cars in Dealership, such as McLaren, Ford and others.

👍 thanks for the info. I never thinked about it.

Great work, use it now to do inventory of all my colours/models.

I only noticed the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69 has "Dover White" while I don't that one. I do have an Can-Am White version which is missing from your list....

👍

It may be a dumb question but...there's any way i can preview the Paint on the car without using it? :$

Back