GT5 DELAY AGAIN?!? Is it true? To the 26.11.10 EU and Pal areas only, it seems..

  • Thread starter Thread starter KilzoneStrife
  • 85 comments
  • 8,677 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is outrageous.

Once again my hopes raised only to be dashed again - Gt 5 seems forever out of reach.

Like someone said before - I wont believe any release date untill the Gt5 disk is actually in my hands.
 
Firstly, The 24th is a Tuesday.. and from what I under stand, that isn't the normal release date for movies/games in Europe. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

In NA, (namely in the US) roughly 97% of movies and games are released on Tuesdays. The only exceptions are small straight-to-DVD titles or titles that want to release on a significant day (Avatar was released on Earth Day which fell on a Thursday this year).

Does anyone know what day movies/games tend to release on in Europe? It might explain the apparent delay.

On a separate note, I'm going to be going in and checking work to see if we got any copies of GT5 in behind the counter (Assuming we receive them, we should have them behind the counter and I'll be able to rent a copy for a few days...)
 
The funny thing is, is these days are correct than its only delayed in the countries that need the game to be translated in their own language. All the countries that are ok with English for their games seem to get it at the 24th.
So in that case i don't bother, that's what you get from whining about the English language.
 
To shut up crying fans and sensationalist media. It also gets more PS3 consoles sold and the number of pre-orders rocketed.

I've always taken release dates as target dates, so many variables can't affect the final release date.

then i must say, great marketing that PD / Sony has going on there 👍

Dont want to sound like johnny raincloud... but what if... the great marketing strategies are working so well for PD and Sony that they actually decide on the 24th or 25th that the release will be early december... :scared:

Chris
 
UK release seems to still be the 24th, as on the sites of the 2 largest game retailers, game and game station. your "Pal only areas" is very misleading. No official word to back it and plenty unoffical and offical statements to say it's still the 24th....7 days to go
 
irnbru is 100% correct. It's to stop the fanboys making baseless threats to blow up PD/Sony and to give the media outlets 5 more minutes of news to make the fanboys feel a bit more relieved that progress is being made, no matter how slow that progress is.

Australia is still getting a 25th release from all the places I'm checking that are stocking GT5 in any form (normal, CE or SE).

That means NZ is still getting GT5 on the 25 of November?
 
Firstly, The 24th is a Tuesday.. and from what I under stand, that isn't the normal release date for movies/games in Europe. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

In NA, (namely in the US) roughly 97% of movies and games are released on Tuesdays. The only exceptions are small straight-to-DVD titles or titles that want to release on a significant day (Avatar was released on Earth Day which fell on a Thursday this year).

Does anyone know what day movies/games tend to release on in Europe? It might explain the apparent delay.

On a separate note, I'm going to be going in and checking work to see if we got any copies of GT5 in behind the counter (Assuming we receive them, we should have them behind the counter and I'll be able to rent a copy for a few days...)

24th is a wednesday....
 
In France games are usualy released on Thursdays.
So it's not a big surprise.
 
Who cares when the games usually release? They said 24th and I hope they stick to it!
 
Games are usually released in the UK on a Friday unless it's a big online title then it's released on a Tuesday. If other European nations have different usual release days then these slight changes would account for these slight date changes.
 
Two days is alot.., its not sensationalism. I am incredibly pissed at this.
I think you need to get your priorities in life sorted out if you think two days is a lot and that you are incredibly pissed.
 
The Dutch Playstation site still says 24-11-2010. In Holland games get released on the day that they are available if you ask me. Black ops came out on a tuesday wasn't it?
 
Release the game already! I don't know which version will come to Bulgaria, but I hope it will be on 24th. No one is going to translate the game to Bulgarian anyway.
 
Can someone show me where this news is announced?

I have had a look at
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/de/
and
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/se/

and couldnt see any release date at all (which is odd I guess since the uk site does have a release date).

EDIT: Never mind - link posted above.


I think you need to get your priorities in life sorted out if you think two days is a lot and that you are incredibly pissed.

Two days is a lot in the scale of things (it was supposed to be released in just seven days). And I think its quite understandable to be pissed, some people are very keen to get their hands on this game.
 
I think you need to get your priorities in life sorted out if you think two days is a lot and that you are incredibly pissed.

I for one took a day off from work just to get the game on my hands as it hits the shelves in the morning on the day it was promised. Now, if this doesn't happen, I've wasted one of my few possibilities to take a day off from work, and that's a reason to be pissed.

As there is no official word yet, I'm still optimistic that 24th holds.
 
Lol! Its hardly a delay! Two days!

But from what I've learnt on Online forums - people b!tch about little things.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back