GT5 DELAY AGAIN?!? Is it true? To the 26.11.10 EU and Pal areas only, it seems..

  • Thread starter Thread starter KilzoneStrife
  • 85 comments
  • 8,677 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 6am in the UK.

The thread was unlocked today and has been on the first page all day.........
 
It's not gone until a mod sees it. They are more likely to see it at the top of the first page :P
And I can post my opinion if I'd like to. It's a public forum.

:) This is true. I'm not saying you can't. Did you hit the report post/thread button like me?
 
So we were fooled?
 
:) This is true. I'm not saying you can't. Did you hit the report post/thread button like me?

Actually I haven't yet, haha. Thanks for the reminder!
 
Could this be the EU trend with releasing video games on a Friday? I would actually see this as a delay on the distributor's behalf more than PD or Sony. If the game arrives in stores on Nov. 24th, but the big stores says stuff it in the storage room until 26th, there's not much PD or Sony can do about it. I'm sure US would still stick with 24th, as that's the last working day before Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

Oh well...I hope this doesn't turn into another "rage/disappointment in Sony for delaying game" thread.
 
IS IT TRUE OR IS IT NOT? WHAT REGIONS DOES THIS AFFECT? ARRRRGH!

I'm sorry but could someone please help me figure out who to believe? I'm really getting sick of people running around shouting stuff like this. WHAT IS TRUE AND WHAT ISN'T?! :banghead:
 
Last edited:
IS IT TRUE OR IS IT NOT? WHAT REGIONS DOES THIS AFFECT? ARRRRGH!

I'm sorry but could someone please help me figure out who to believe? I'm really getting sick of people running around drunk and blindfolded shouting stuff like this. WHAT IS TRUE AND WHAT ISN'T?! :banghead:

The EU, Africa, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand. I assume, all the pal regions. CLICK THE LINK. It goes to the official sony site.
 
IS IT TRUE OR IS IT NOT? WHAT REGIONS DOES THIS AFFECT? ARRRRGH!

I'm sorry but could someone please help me figure out who to believe? I'm really getting sick of people running around drunk and blindfolded shouting stuff like this. WHAT IS TRUE AND WHAT ISN'T?! :banghead:

Oh well...I hope this doesn't turn into another "rage/disappointment in Sony for delaying game" thread.

Too late...........
 
AUS/NZ PAL release is still the 25th, can't see it changing as games are released here mostly on a Thursday.
 
Which do you have? No life/sad life ? ..that is real sad, right there.

Have a pretty damn good life thanks for asking! That's a sad assumption right there........
 
Swedish site says 26th
Dutch site says 24th
British site says 24th
Finnish site says 24th
Norwegian site says 24th
German site says 26th
French site says 26th
Polish site says 26th
Russian site says 26th
Hmm either it's not for the whole region, or the sites haven't been updated yet.
 
AUS/NZ PAL release is still the 25th, can't see it changing as games are released here mostly on a Thursday.

I recieved a call to say my preorder would be ready for pickup om the 25th so all good for Australia at the moment
 
Have a pretty damn good life thanks for asking! That's a sad assumption right there........

Are you sure? Lol. You couldve fooled me. Ive seen you run around doing the same in other threads. I thought you were a sad person there too. Coincidence?
 
AUS/NZ PAL release is still the 25th, can't see it changing as games are released here mostly on a Thursday.

It better not affect the AU/NZ Release date. I'll get in touch with Sony myself and abuse the holy cow out of whoever answers the phone.
 
Are you sure? Lol. You couldve fooled me. Ive seen you run around doing the same in other threads. I thought you were a sad person there too. Coincidence?

Nope, you just like to judge people by little letters on a screen. That's kinda sad really.
 
UK site says 24th so I'm content. All our retailers still say 24th... no sign of danger yet...
 
Swedish site says 26th
Dutch site says 24th
British site says 24th
Finnish site says 24th
Norwegian site says 24th
German site says 26th
French site says 26th
Polish site says 26th
Russian site says 26th
Hmm either it's not for the whole region, or the sites haven't been updated yet.

Thankyou, Sir. For putting up that list. I will update the OP, make it easier for others.
 
Nope, you just like to judge people by little letters on a screen. That's kinda sad really.

Unless you suffer from a mental disorder, what you type is representitive of your social reality and in your thought patterns, thus being representitive of you. Do I need to break into a psych lecture with Freud, maslow, Rogers or Frankyls theories to break it down for you?
 
Come on release the game already, the waiting is getting to us! We're starting to turn on each other...

P.S. I just realized using the phrase "drunk and blindfolded" in a previous message might not be the best idea, so I edited it, but it had already been quoted. Twice. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hope it's not worth an infraction.
 
perhaps somebody who studies marketing, can tell all of us here what you have to be doing wrong that you delay a game literally a million times. why say 24th when you obviously cant make it? Why? Are they trying to build up more hype?

Chris
 
I love the title. It's like those headlines on FOX News or something.

"ARE BURGERS KILLING YOUR CHILDREN?! Stay tuned after this."

:lol::lol::lol: I was thinking the same thing
 
Just got off the phone with an swedish retailer, they have not been informed of any further delay (yet).

As far as they're concerned it's still nov 24th.
 
perhaps somebody who studies marketing, can tell all of us here what you have to be doing wrong that you delay a game literally a million times. why say 24th when you obviously cant make it? Why? Are they trying to build up more hype?

Chris

To shut up crying fans and sensationalist media. It also gets more PS3 consoles sold and the number of pre-orders rocketed.

I've always taken release dates as target dates, so many variables can't affect the final release date.
 
Last edited:
irnbru is 100% correct. It's to stop the fanboys making baseless threats to blow up PD/Sony and to give the media outlets 5 more minutes of news to make the fanboys feel a bit more relieved that progress is being made, no matter how slow that progress is.

Australia is still getting a 25th release from all the places I'm checking that are stocking GT5 in any form (normal, CE or SE).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back