Votes: 28 66.7%

• Total voters

Conza

Sports Caraholic
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
Conza_No1
Let's assume for the moment that either of these possibilities existed in a meaningful way.

Is it more important that GT6 come sooner rather than later, or that we keep GT5 going for longer, new cars and tracks, ect?

To be honest, with the development time of GT5, and the fact that most of the DLC has been, so-so, I say just ditch all DLC entirely now, keep supporting GT5 a little bit through updates and seasonals, but otherwise get everyone working on GT6.

I still don't think GT6 will make the PS4 launch, especially if that's next year, but if it were say, christmas 2014, it wouldn't be impossible if they got their hammers going now (they might need to hire 50% more staff though).

EDIT: Also, they can't do both, even though they seem to be working on GT6 and releasing more 'DLC', that doesn't mean GT6 will be ready for launch day, or that they'll be making a heap more GT5 DLC.

No way, PS4 should be here yesterday, its already well late, how could they plan to release a game on a console that's near death? They should be looking at gathering resources in time for a prototype PS4, and if they're really hard working and lucky, they might make the PS4 launch date.

Releasing it for PS3 would be suicide (for Sony, doubtless GT6 would sell like hot cakes on either system).

I don't remember the article link but a few days ago TheGunnShop reported, with reference, that Sony say they are supporting the PS3 till 2015, now obviously you could look at it different ways.

1. The PS4 will come out 2015, then they will reduce support for the next few years after that.

2. PS4 will come out 2013-2014 and this is already taking in to account the cross-over support period.

Lol. That are news from 2-3 years ago. In the other threads it was already cleared out that the life span has nothing to do with the release of the PS4.

I think GT5 is very good for the PS3 and should last for a year or more. I still play and like it. I want a more refined and graphically amazing game on the PS4.

You may do not expect it before 2015. But the press and developers expect it in 2013 or latest in Q1 of 2014.

And the press and fans expected GT5 earlier than it was ready and look what we got. I'd much prefer them to take longer, this is for both GT6 and PS4 and put something revolutionry in the game/console that makes me want to part with my money. I dont want a "new improved" PS4 that is actually just a working YouTube app and maybe the newer HD size.

Edit: Found the article. Dated 24 September 2012.

Http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/24/Sony-to-support-ps3-until-at-least-2015

Last edited:
GT6 PS3, because I don't think they are done with the PS3 yet. But then GT6 could be a good launch title for the PS4. And the PS4 seems so far away......

Yeah ok, so assuming, right, we're assuming that

A. GT6 will be released on the PS4
B. GT6 will be released on launch date if they ignore GT5 from now on

Is that a fair trade off?

Lol. That are news from 2-3 years ago. In the other threads it was already cleared out that the life span has nothing to do with the release of the PS4.

I think GT5 is very good for the PS3 and should last for a year or more. I still play and like it. I want a more refined and graphically amazing game on the PS4.

You may do not expect it before 2015. But the press and developers expect it in 2013 or latest in Q1 of 2014.

Does where just the first that popped up at Google.
didn't have time for a thorough search ;)

m8h3r
And the press and fans expected GT5 earlier than it was ready and look what we got. I'd much prefer them to take longer, this is for both GT6 and PS4 and put something revolutionry in the game/console that makes me want to part with my money. I dont want a "new improved" PS4 that is actually just a working YouTube app and maybe the newer HD size.

Edit: Found the article. Dated 24 September 2012.

Http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/24/Sony-to-support-ps3-until-at-least-2015

It says page not found.

How many more times is that "PS3 support until 2015" article or variation of it going to be posted? Probably about as many times as it takes to tell you that it means nothing about the PS4 development and release, they can and will overlap just as previous generations have done.

They don't mean they'll support PS3 until x day in 2015 then release the PS4 on x+1 day in 2015.

It says page not found.

Strange works fine on mine. Anyway I'll just quote it:

Sony's VP of hardware marketing John Koller has revealed the company will continue to support the PS3 until at least 2015 with a range of first-party content. "A lot of great content is coming," Koller suggested, continuing, "And over the next 2-3 years, the PS3 has got an incredible lineup."

In an interview with Gamespot, Koller also said "We're going to continue supporting the PS3 for the next few years. Absolutely. And we're going to continue supporting it not only that long, but as long as there is a development spigot that's running hot. And I can tell you right now, the development spigot for PS3 is very hot. A lot of great games coming."

Quite what these games may be remains a mystery, especially extending so far into the future, but it's interesting to ponder what this means in relation to when the PS4 will be released. It seems pretty likely that there's going to be some overlap between the PS3 and PS4 in terms of support, the question is for just how long?

Let the speculation begin!

Conza
Releasing it for PS3 would be suicide (for Sony, doubtless GT6 would sell like hot cakes on either system).

I don't understand this bit.
It starts off as a negative (suicide) then evolves into a positive ( sells like hot cakes ).

Am I reading this wrong?

I don't understand this bit.
It starts off as a negative (suicide) then evolves into a positive ( sells like hot cakes ).

Am I reading this wrong?

Yes, but that may be because it wasn't clear enough.

Although it would be a successful game, the console is at end of life, and it wouldn't be good for Sony in the long run, as this game might be the biggest ticket seller for the PS4, especially if it's a launch title.

Short term high game sales, would lead to worse long term console sales of the PS4, thus, a suicidal move for Sony. And yes, Sony are so massive this one mistake wouldn't bring down the entire company, so the use of the word 'suicide' is probably a bit extreme.

Honestly, I'm a bit tired of explaining over and over again on this matter, but I'd rather GT6 on PS3. Therefore, I cannot vote.

I don't understand why anyone could possibly want GT6 on PS3 other than their own wallets.

PS3 is over, done, it needs to be sent off the the glue factory, or a museum, it's over, finito, long gone, look up the specs it's ridiculously slow!

The PS4 needs to be the platform for GT6, I mean c'mon, GT5 is pushing the PS3 right to the limit as it is, what else can they do? GT5a? It'd be a waste of time, and besides, if they do that, it'll be even LONGER before GT7/PS4 and that'll rule out almost any possibility of a GT launch title for the PS4.

It makes no sense.

But even if you want it on the PS3, I don't understand why you can't hypothetically vote on which of these two scenarios you prefer, since they are in contrast, might not be mutually exclusive, but they are the same resources working on both, so eliminating or reducing one will improve the development time of the other.

Ps3 isn't dead, far from it. Sony have only just brought out the super slim which is likely to be in production for quite awhile yet just to recover the cost of designing it and putting it into production in the first place so Sony will at least have to be seen to be continuing to support the ps3 platform while the super slim is in production to have any hope of selling it.

Last edited:
hairystig
Ps3 isn't dead, far from it. Sony have only just brought out the super slim which is likely to be in production for quite awhile yet just to recover the cost of designing it and putting it into production in the first place.

I knew this would be the next theme in people reasoning about the ps3 having GT6.

GT6 on PS4 > GT6 on PS3

And there's nothing new about the super slim hardware wise. Kaz has said before the PS3'S hardware limitations was a huge problem.
Great example that GT5 is too much for the ps3 to handle. FRAME RATE LAG and the huge amount of it that is there

ORPHANTHIRTY7
I knew this would be the next theme in people reasoning about the ps3 having GT6.

GT6 on PS4 > GT6 on PS3

I agree gt6 would be a better game if released on ps4 but I don't think it will be but what do I know....

Nothing just like everyone else in here.

And specs wise there's nothing new to the super slim but the PCB will be a new design and then theres the cost of setting up the factory and all the machines to make it, it doesn't come cheap they simply wouldn't bother if they didn't intend to have a production run of a couple of years minimum or they're just throwing money away.

Last edited:
hairystig
I agree gt6 would be a better game if released on ps4 but I don't think it will be but what do I know....

Nothing just like everyone else in here.

Agreed. We all can assume that it will or won't be. We won't know till PD or Sony tells us.

I don't understand why anyone could possibly want GT6 on PS3 other than their own wallets.

PS3 is over, done, it needs to be sent off the the glue factory, or a museum, it's over, finito, long gone, look up the specs it's ridiculously slow!

The PS4 needs to be the platform for GT6, I mean c'mon, GT5 is pushing the PS3 right to the limit as it is, what else can they do? GT5a? It'd be a waste of time, and besides, if they do that, it'll be even LONGER before GT7/PS4 and that'll rule out almost any possibility of a GT launch title for the PS4.

It makes no sense.

But even if you want it on the PS3, I don't understand why you can't hypothetically vote on which of these two scenarios you prefer, since they are in contrast, might not be mutually exclusive, but they are the same resources working on both, so eliminating or reducing one will improve the development time of the other.

I don't even know where to start. First of all, stop saying the PS3 is done, extinct, dead, or "finished." You must not be aware of highly anticpiated, upcoming titles from First Party ALONE, not including huge 3rd party titles like GTAV and MGS Ground Zero.

And second, is GT5 the first GT franchise you played? Scratch that, is it the only game you've played? I can't even count, nor think, how many games out there have franchises that have sequels with similar specs. If you're saying GT6 can't be enjoyable on the PS3, then you must be the type that LOVES graphics.

As for voting, you mention either GT5 DLC or GT6 at launch. GT5 DLC, I'm gonna have to agree with you that it's better that they just drop it. It's pretty evident to me that they want to save most of the better content for GT6. If they give away too much, then they'll have to consider making more models so that GT6 will have a reasonable amount of "new" content, thus delaying GT6. So that, I can't vote.

Now about GT6 being on the PS4, there is too many factors for me to consider. I don't know how long PD have worked on the PS4 platform (and that's if), nor what architecture, the PS4 has. These are two main gripes on how successful or possible a GT6 by PS4 launch is. We either have a full blown GT6, or a very limited one. Now with that in mind, I don't want to wait until 2014 for another Gran Turismo. If I vote for this, then I'm pretty much against my view in not only waiting, but having to pay up hundreds of dollars just to play it. Even if it's just hypothetical, it's like voting against my beliefs. If I am forced to vote, then yes, I'd rather GT6 launch than GT5 DLC, in other words my saying that PD should just focus on the next game.

If it will be on PS3 there is no excuse to add realistic engine sounds to each car. They can add whatever they want as 2000 cars and 100 tracks that will make my hat fall off...lol...but if they don´t put real sounds for once...i´m not going to buy it.

But also if it comes for PS4...it is still the same...i mean PD is the one ruining their own game...they are going to make the same mistakes again.

We can only hope for more features and an improved car list...hopefully having in mind that the game is not going to come with GT4 cars again ("standards"), i think they are making a pre-selected list with those who are going to be "upgraded" to GT5/6 standards ("premiums") and we can again again and again just hope to not see tons of repetitive cars and include totally NEW ones that we really want.

We just can hope because by now PD is making tons of "bad" and "weird" decisions about fixing issues, engine car sounds in general and car list in general too.

If that happens again well...sales are going to send PD a direct message for sure.

-GT4 11.440.000 units

-GT5 7.430.000 units (Only in Europe 4.590.000 units and North America 1.940.000...the rest Asia and Japan...)

Just follow the market PD that´s all that we can ask for.

GT6 will be on the PS3, and it needs to be on the PS3. If on the "PS4", it would only because PD would have to rebuild GT again from the ground up. There's no way it will be a launch title, and not even that, Sony are pushing the PS3's life span into at the very least into 2015.

Well don't hold your breath.

Depending on when Dev kits were issued, you'd be looking at another 2 years or so before the console gets released or you'd have no content to release with it.

I don't think PS4 will come out next year and really a GT6 by than is kinda pointless. We have a lot of cars now and they should just amp up the DLC to include popular new cars. I'm sure the aventador was the most downloaded DLC so far.

Back on topic;

Latest Posts

Back