GT5 endurance mode, who has already begun? + [A Spec]

  • Thread starter Thread starter rnicolini
  • 52 comments
  • 17,775 views
Messages
4
Messages
NICOLA_BRAZIL
I did the first race of 60 laps, tiring a lot!
Next race is 4 hours long, 1000 km long, and so on, until the 24h Le Mans and Nurb.
Yama or even mad that I did not find a way to switch to B mode, as it had in GT4?
If you did not like, I cry. Remain there at least 5 hours straight playing, as is my share of :crazy:
 
I think i will never get to do the endurance races that are any longer than 6 hours, because other people need to use my PS3.
 
I did 1 in A-spec and 3 in B-Spec so far ,I just can't bring myself to drive round Tsukuba for 4 hours
 
Did Grand Valley 300KM today with my Subaru Impreza (tuned it a bit to 347BHP, but wasn't really necessary as the AI wasn't really that fast), was pretty fun. I always liked the endurance races, only ones I'll probably hate are the 24H ones.

Planning to do 4H Tsukuba tomorrow with my stock MX5.
 
I'm doing Indy 500 right now :) 65/200 laps.
 
Im in the middle of the first one. Grand Valley 60 laps. On lap 26. Pretty annoying to be honest lol. I just want to get to level 30 already!
 
I did the Grand Valley one with the Sema winning Infinity. It blew the comp. away but I just wanted to try a different car.

The Roadster challenge was just that...a challenge, to stay awake that is. I just never really had a liking for that track. But overall, it was ok because there was always traffic to move in and out of, since the track isn't that big.

I might do the Laguna Seca one tonight. Let you know.
 
I got level 25 a-spec yesterday morning and did Grand Valley im glad I kept getting texts coz it bored the life out of me
 
i did the grand valley and the 4hr roadster one, just a tip the 4hr is timed not based on laps, as long as you're in first at the end of the timer you win, so with a fully tuned Miata you can gain enough time to only race about 3:25 of the 4:00hrs, the fastest AI car completes around 200-203 laps, so as long as you do maybe 205 laps you're golden and can let the car sit for the remainder of the clock, that is if you're running lap times of 59:00-1:02 range which is pretty easy.
 
I finished Indy but can't go into the next one due to level got to grind for the next two hours. 👎
 
OP, there's currently no way to switch between A-Spec and B-Spec mode during races in GT5.

As this feature was in GT4 (and fairly essentially so) it's to be hoped that it will appear in GT5 via an update :(
 
OP, there's currently no way to switch between A-Spec and B-Spec mode during races in GT5.

As this feature was in GT4 (and fairly essentially so) it's to be hoped that it will appear in GT5 via an update :(

I'll hope too
 
I finished Indy but can't go into the next one due to level got to grind for the next two hours. 👎

haha same here I just finished Indy and have to do it again to be level 29 so I can unlock the 1000km one. Then only 1 level away from X1 :D wonder if I can use that in Indy because that would save SOOO much time. Probably can't use it though.
 
I did the 300km Grand Valley in a M3 CSL. Won by 2 laps and my feet were hurting bad afterwards. But it was fun too. It lasted about 2 hours and 15 minutes and after not seeing a menu for over an hour, I got very immersed in the driving. Found the perfect lines and tried to combine speed and economy. 4 hours on tiny little Tsukuba? I would go insane!

Also I got the creeping suspicion that tyre wear is extremely exagerated. I raced on sport hard tyres and I first had to pit at lap 20 (worn down to minimum) because I was a little too aggressive in the start and as soon as the tyres are a little worn, it's harder to avoid slides which wear them even more. After that I tried to drive more carefully, but still they wore too fast I feel.
 
FFFFFFFFFFF****! I clicked right when I was paused and then pressed X. Stupid text message. I was going 35/60. :grumpy:
They need to put up a menu to say "Are you sure you want to restart?", or something along the lines. I'm not gonna do this again right now...

EDIT: After a minute or two of calming down, I've gotten my 801 HP SpecV and won with a 7 lap lead. :trouble:
 
Last edited:
I have done the first 3.............. the miata race was about the most boring thing I have ever done though.


Seriously 200+ laps of that tiny track

/wrist
 
ive unlocked the but not done one yet,trying to get my b-spec guy's up a bit first,still only level 22 with them
 
i was just wondering if they do give us a patch to swap to bob, will they then split the xp earned.in bspec xp seems to be split depending on how many laps each particular driver did...
 
Also I got the creeping suspicion that tyre wear is extremely exagerated. I raced on sport hard tyres and I first had to pit at lap 20 (worn down to minimum) because I was a little too aggressive in the start and as soon as the tyres are a little worn, it's harder to avoid slides which wear them even more. After that I tried to drive more carefully, but still they wore too fast I feel.

If you ever watch BMI (Best Motoring International), they did a couple of "endurance" races that lsted 20min at Tsukuba, and after that 20min, the tires where missing big chunk of rubber. So, 20 laps at roughly 1:05, yeah I'd say its pretty realistic for tire wear.
 
If you ever watch BMI (Best Motoring International), they did a couple of "endurance" races that lsted 20min at Tsukuba, and after that 20min, the tires where missing big chunk of rubber. So, 20 laps at roughly 1:05, yeah I'd say its pretty realistic for tire wear.

You're probably right, since my average lap time was 2:09, not 1:05 (Grand Valley, not Tsukuba). Makes me consider going a bit easier on my own street car, considering what the tyres cost :dunce: Toyo Proxes T1R could be Sport Hard/Intermediate?
 
I've done 300km of Grand Valley and 4 hours of Tsukuba. The 300km race was pretty fun, did it in my 230 bhp Elise, and won by about 4 laps. Did the Miata race in the '07 Roadster from the dealership tuned to 243 bhp. Still pretty boring, the track is simplistic and bland. In the end I spent the last 5 minutes parked by the finish line because my tyres had no chance of doing another lap and I was 9 laps out front.

Hate how the opposition has tyres and fuel that barely degrades. Some of the AI went over two and a half hours without pitting :crazy:.
 
Hate how the opposition has tyres and fuel that barely degrades. Some of the AI went over two and a half hours without pitting :crazy:.

That's cause they're most likely using Hard Sport tyres and their Miata/MX5 are stock so ofcourse the tyres last pretty long.

Just did this event myself in a stock '07 MX5 (just with some aero parts for the looks, it probably helped me a bit in the corners though) on Medium Sport tyres and my first pitstop was at 1 hour and 50 minutes. Could've done a bit longer since I didn't really notice my laptimes dropping much yet, even though there wasn't much left of my tyres.
Was pretty cool the first few laps though, the one at 2nd place could actually keep up for a while, untill we started lapping all the others. He got pretty much stuck behind every one of them for 5 minutes or so, while I passed them pretty easily. Got boring from there, lapped him 5 times in the end and the others 7 and 8 times. Managed to do 205 laps in these 4 hours.

For anyone who still has to do this event, don't do it in a stock MX5, you'll get bored pretty fast. With a tuned one you can at least have some fun around corners while there's no one to overtake. Not really a challenge in doing it with a stock MX5 anyway, AI is too slow. :grumpy:
 
Haven't reached high enough level in B-Spec but in A-Spec I've done the Grand Valley race 3 times, I did the 4 hours at Tsukuba once, did the Laguna Seca race once, did the Indy 500 5 times, and am in the middle of my first 1000km at Suzuka now.
 
I did my 60 lapper a few days ago. Just unlocked the 4 hour race. Not too sure what I want to use in that stupid mazda race. But geez, I gotta set my self up properly to handle the 4 hour race. I ending up doing the 60 lapper in one full sitting, minor pause break to spit and drink.
 
Haven't reached high enough level in B-Spec but in A-Spec I've done the Grand Valley race 3 times, I did the 4 hours at Tsukuba once, did the Laguna Seca race once, did the Indy 500 5 times, and am in the middle of my first 1000km at Suzuka now.

Indy 500 5 times! I've done it twice, so so monotonous! Never, never ever, never ever again, I can't stress this point enough :(
 
That's cause they're most likely using Hard Sport tyres and their Miata/MX5 are stock so ofcourse the tyres last pretty long.

Just did this event myself in a stock '07 MX5 (just with some aero parts for the looks, it probably helped me a bit in the corners though) on Medium Sport tyres and my first pitstop was at 1 hour and 50 minutes. Could've done a bit longer since I didn't really notice my laptimes dropping much yet, even though there wasn't much left of my tyres.
Was pretty cool the first few laps though, the one at 2nd place could actually keep up for a while, untill we started lapping all the others. He got pretty much stuck behind every one of them for 5 minutes or so, while I passed them pretty easily. Got boring from there, lapped him 5 times in the end and the others 7 and 8 times. Managed to do 205 laps in these 4 hours.

For anyone who still has to do this event, don't do it in a stock MX5, you'll get bored pretty fast. With a tuned one you can at least have some fun around corners while there's no one to overtake. Not really a challenge in doing it with a stock MX5 anyway, AI is too slow. :grumpy:

i begin before with stock mx5 and S1, it's really fun, i run 1.09 -1.10 nearly the same time of the first 2 mx5 in front..
but after 73 laps i did pitstop cuz my front tyre worn...
a question.. when the cpu go pitting for the first time?? i didn't see yet??? it's really incredible and enjoyable endurance in gt5, you have to drive clean if you want to keep fresh tires
 
I have the first three endurances done, but I'm not looking forward to doing one of them again to get to the Indy 500... Maybe even have to do it twice, what a bummer, I'm runn b-spec right now, since it is so much less work now that I'm lv 25 in it.
 
I have only done the Grand Valley endurance and the Laguna Seca. Im going to do the Indianapolis endurance later as i've calculated it will take around 2hrs 6mins.

As for the 8hr/24hr Endurance I won't do these until I can back up my gamesave. Really would of preferred the option of saving in the middle of these races when you pitstop.

However like everything else with A Spec the gameplay is stale, boring, poorly executed and more importantly completely outdated compared to other racing games.
 
Just did the Grand Valley on Sunday, my first try the car was fast enough before the tire wear becomes an issue and the NSX-R ate me for breakfast once it cleared the traffic.(~lap 11). Restarted with a lighter car and was massively easier...although a pitstop error meant I had to drive faster than I wanted to..
 
Back