I...don't know what to think of the Elise. Other than it weighs more, which is a bad thing. That Merc is a waste of a SLR motor, and the Honda and Nissan are both a waste of a perfectly good classic car IMO. I like my classics original and pristine. Sure a 928 would be faster and perform better all-round with the current Turbo's engine, but who would want that? I don't see people swapping out old GT Falcon engines for the Barra Tarbo, even though it would make it a LOT faster.
Sure the odd update is OK to keep it usable, but both of those are now some sort of hybrid monstrosity, and as far as I'm concerned, they're not a modern car, they're not a classic, so it makes them nothing. And the Honda especially should have been properly restored instead of altered like that. In my eyes all of those cars have lost their soul.
But hey, that's just me.
Sure the odd update is OK to keep it usable, but both of those are now some sort of hybrid monstrosity, and as far as I'm concerned, they're not a modern car, they're not a classic, so it makes them nothing. And the Honda especially should have been properly restored instead of altered like that. In my eyes all of those cars have lost their soul.
But hey, that's just me.