GT5 FML's!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wyvern_64
  • 35 comments
  • 3,204 views

Wyvern_64

Premium
Messages
649
United States
Cal Poly SLO CA
Messages
Wyvern_64
Just post whatever 'FML'-like experiences you've had in GT5. :D

Examples are here: http://www.fmylife.com/ :lol:

Mine: I was 1st on the Top Gear Intermediate Challenge going into the hammerhead in the 2nd lap, not even close to anyone else, and hit a cone failing myself. I've been trying this challenge for about an hour. FML :lol:
 
It's a video game, there is nothing to think "FML" about.
 
Mine would be trying to get a lead in the GT-All Stars with my Minolta. And then the AI clipping me, sending me out of control into a wall from which I can't win the race, while they truck along perfectly.
 
It's a video game, there is nothing to think "FML" about.

Thank you for that wonderful comment that contributes to the topic at hand.

FML moment: Buying a bunch of used cars and needing to oil change / engine overhaul every one of em before I even think of using em in competition. :ouch:
 
Thank you for that wonderful comment that contributes to the topic at hand.

FML moment: Buying a bunch of used cars and needing to oil change / engine overhaul every one of em before I even think of using em in competition. :ouch:

You're welcome.
 
Vettel challenge with a DS3. Have decided I'll wait till i give in and get a driving rig and wheel.
 
Top Gear Lotus Challenge - When the a-holes kept hitting me and it was disqualifying me as if I hit them, but then when I did hit them on occasions it was ok and I could keep going!!!!
 
Using engine upgrade stage 1 on a rally car (Suzuki sx4), putting it 1hp over the limit. Can't change it back.
 
16 laps into the Cote D'Azure track in the Formula Gran Turismo championship, my wife comes downstairs to talk to me. I politely pause the game to humor her, and upon returning, accidentally reset the game. 4 laps to go, in 1st place... and I reset the damn thing.

Spent 3 more days trying to gold that race. Gave up on the Nurburgring GP.

FML
 
Formula GT race...I got gold for 4/6 races in the championship. I decide "HEY I WON MORE THAN 50% OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP....I PRETTY MUCH WON AND I CAN DO THOSE 2 RACES LATER"...


*trophy screen*
120px-GT5_trophy_silver.png


:( :( :(

WTF?!
 
At Monaco, I'm leading the race by less than a second online and on the last lap, you know the extremely slow hairpin turn thats down hill, just a few turns before the tunnel, I got my left front tire stuck at the red curb thing as there is a gap between the curb and the fense, so I took it to close to the fense, got it stuck in the curb, and lost the race. FML
 
Today, I came to GTP to have positive discussions about GT5, and found 42395213235 "Forza did it better" threads. FML.
 
Mine would be when I was fighting for the lead on the final straight of Nurburg on an online race. I spun out on the second to right hander just after the straight and spun right into the pit lane.
 
Checking this thread and actually taking the time to find out what FML means. FML.
 
I have a great one of these. It was the 4th race I believe in the dream car championship around La Sarthe. It was raining and the track was very slippery. It was the last lap and I was holding on to first place. As I was powering out of the second chicane on the Mulsanne straight the back end kicked out and I spun and crashed in to the wall. I had recently been fiddling around with my button assignments and it turns out I no longer have a reverse gear button. So I had to quit the race as I was unable to break away from the barrier. I then went to the Nurburgring for the final race which was also in the wet, I finished 2nd but it wasn't enough to win the championship, so I had to do it all again.
 
Accidentally hit "Restart Race" over 19 hours into the La Sarthe 24H endurance.

FML
 

Paused to take a leak, returned unknowingly the pointer was on the "Restart Race" tab. Hit "X"...

I told this story before some weeks back. Convinced my girl to help me out with it. After that, my girlfriend was very, very upset...
 
Accidentally hit "Restart Race" over 19 hours into the La Sarthe 24H endurance.

FML

Oh my god... wow. I thought mine was bad, accidentally hitting restart on lap 62/90 on Laguna Seca. If that happened to me after 19 hours of racing, I'd stop playing for at least a couple months.
 
Today, I was on the last lap on Nurburgring 24 Hours GP/D for the German Touring Car championship in first place. I spun out. FML
 
Playing Nurburgring 24Hr on GT4.

23 hours in, blackout.

I never do endurance races without a UPS now.
 
Finding out the only car from gt4 they left out of gt5 is my car,fpv turbo 6
 
I'm working on that Nissan GT-R around the Nurburgring in arcade mode trophy. I missed the required time by 7/10ths of a second, complete with a crash at the end. So I did it again, at one point getting 3 seconds ahead of the ghost car from my previous lap. And I finished 3/10ths of a second too slow! Seven minutes twenty-nine seconds and I'm 3/10ths too slow!

Agrh.
 
Back