GT5 freezes during game-startup

• Thread starter wbrinkman
  • 46 comments
wbrinkman
For those questioning if their game crashed during startup (staring for 5 minutes at the "gran turismo 5" logo, with no BlueRay or harddrive activity)

It will give you an error or time-out stating it can't communicate with an online server, once that is given, the game starts.

Don't think your game has actually crashed, just wait impatiently for 5 minutes for the time-out to register....

Thx!!! I was starting to worry :s

EDIT:
However i thought something had gone wrong during installation, so I deleted all the data and is now reinstalling.... it.... takes.... forever!!

Game installed, played for couple of hours, then it froze after upgrading a car, left it for 10 mins still stuck on loading screen, turned everything off now game loads but I am unable to use any controllers to access in game menus... great! Well worth the wait... :-(

Same problem here.

You just have to wait or: deactivate internet connection before starting the game.

And by the way: this game is the buggiest worst piece of **** I ever had to experience. 100% disappointment. It is soooo ugly I cant believe it...

Ok since op did half the work I'll tell you how to get rid of this, dc your ps3 profile then everything will be fine, seems the online server are closed atm.

My menu is not working either ??? taking a very very long time to respond.

Its waiting for a timeout as well ...:yuck: This is pretty retarded. First thing I did was look in the settings to *temporarily* switch this network behaviour off, but alas, there wasnt a setting for this, and again wait for the timeout when I got back to the menu.

I might yank out the network cable or log out of PSN because of this. 👎

Typical launch day network problems...

Go to your ps3 profile on the PS keys and disconnect your profile here, no need to take off network cable or anything.

Maybe today was the Beta, Maybe they tought everyone was going to get GT5 tomorrow as planned.. 💡

lol a beta for reviewers ? they wont be happy, I dont know how the hell they are gonna revuiew the online portion of GT5 in only one day and with all those conenction problems and insufficient GT5 servers...

For those questioning if their game crashed during startup (staring for 5 minutes at the "gran turismo 5" logo, with no BlueRay or harddrive activity)

It will give you an error or time-out stating it can't communicate with an online server, once that is given, the game starts.

Don't think your game has actually crashed, just wait impatiently for 5 minutes for the time-out to register....

Thanks for Posting this Information 👍

maybe after all polyphony neeed a closed beta to test and debug the online portion of GT5...like a lot of fps games nowadays...

Prologue was technically the beta, at least as far as the network code goes anyway.
I don't see a need for beta for this game.

IGN are currently reviewing the Online aspect of GT5, so they have access i think. Their review comes out at 8am ish tomorrow i believe.

I received the game this morning (thanks Amazon) i was quite impressed but am finding it took an age to load anything and then the gawd awful freezing. Un-installed and re-installed waited forever for the GT logo to disappear then had no control over the menu but waited a further period of time and it's working. Disc for PSN, hope they get it fixed!

Look forward to bumping into you gents online.

Hmm this isnt a good sign. Not surprising, but not good. So it sounds like the best thing to do is stay offline to avoid problems?

^ Lol. I think the Sony Servers are closed, that's what's causing the freeze. If you go offline, everything's cool again, atleast for me it is.

Glad to hear that. Wonder what the status will be tomorrow.

Those of you w/ early copies, please try tomorrow morning before 10 AM CST and post up if the servers are online. I'll check this thread after I install, before I start it up. ;)

THX

Correction,

"the servers are undergoing maintainance"

Just got that when I tried online again.

Edit: From the official EU Ps3 site

"Noticed a few posts saying they're having issues with being:*1) Stuck on the Gran Turismo 5 Logo screen and the game not doing anything2) Cursor disappearing*These are both caused by the game trying to access the Online Servers, the game hasn't crashed, it's just gives itself a long long time to connect to servers.*To fix this, Either sign out of PSN, I've heard this worked, or just disable your PS3's Internet under "Network Settings" on the XMB.*This issue will probably be gone later today, or tomorrow, when the servers are up, but it's still nice to play while the game is in our hands."

Source: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/To-Fix-One-Two-Of-Your-Issues/td-p/11902937

Last edited:
Correction,

"the servers are undergoing maintainance"

Just got that when I tried online again.

Looks like they didnt put that message out initially and peoples games were endlessly trying to connect... Can anyone else confirm it doesnt freeze for 5 minutes at the GT logo anymore?

Latest Posts

Back