GT5 Freezing

  • Thread starter Thread starter GeeTea
  • 49 comments
  • 9,183 views
Messages
63
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
Today I was playing GT5 for less than 20 mins...

suddenly the game froze while advancing to the next round in a championship.

nothing was responding, can't even quit to the XMB, this is my first game ever that froze on my PS3 slim.

PS3 was not hot, room temp was excellent.

question is:

are they going to unprotect the game save so I can back it up?

if they will, will I be able to restore it on a different PS3?
in case of a YLOD to my current PS3 or something?
 
Last edited:
I don't think you should worry too much about YLOD when you've got a slim model.

Of course it's annoying when a game freezes, but I don't think I have ever experienced that didn't (but of course, I've played a lot). Some games does it often, others do it very rarely. My experience with GT5 until now is that it does it rarely. try again and see if it happens one more time.
 
Are you using a custom playlist( your own music) as I had the same problem until I went back to original soundtrack (which sucks)
 
*This happened to me today! I have a PS3 SLIM btw. NO CUSTOM PLAYLIST EITHER!

This is going to a be big problem if they do not get rid of the copy save protection.

I was NOT signed in to the internet (so it was not the GT server slowing me down). I had only been playing about an hour, so the PS3 was not hot either.

I had just won a car and the game froze for more than 10 minutes. The screen went black, and it periodically said "Saving Data" in the corner for a few seconds.

The PS3 was not responding, nothing was happening while I kept pressing the PS button, and I was crapping bricks (because I have 60 plus hours into the game already).

I tried to take out the disc and put it back in, nothing worked. I just got desperate and held the PS3 power button down manually, and it shut off after about a minute.

I thought for sure that I had lost my game save data, but luckily it was still there when I restarted the game.

Now, I'm really scared this is going to happen again, but that next time I will lose all my cars...:grumpy:
 
It has happened to me about three times today within about two hours. I'm using a fat 80gb
 
Its happening to a lot of people, game freezing on the black screen with silver GT sign.
 
Are you signed into PSN? Today it seems to be struggling - so hit the xmb go to account management, triangle, sign out. Might unfreeze the game.
 
I had the "the system has become hot" message about an hour ago, and had to shut it off for a while after running b-spec for about 12 hours straight. I guess GT polygons are making the PS3's cell sweat.

That was on a slim 120GB.
 
I don't think you should worry too much about YLOD when you've got a slim model.

Of course it's annoying when a game freezes, but I don't think I have ever experienced that didn't (but of course, I've played a lot). Some games does it often, others do it very rarely. My experience with GT5 until now is that it does it rarely. try again and see if it happens one more time.

yeah maybe i'm not really worried about YLOD, i'm just worried that the save file gets corrupted :nervous:

Are you using a custom playlist( your own music) as I had the same problem until I went back to original soundtrack (which sucks)

nah i'm not, music distracts me alot during racing :p

*This happened to me today! I have a PS3 SLIM btw. NO CUSTOM PLAYLIST EITHER!

This is going to a be big problem if they do not get rid of the copy save protection.

I was NOT signed in to the internet (so it was not the GT server slowing me down). I had only been playing about an hour, so the PS3 was not hot either.

I had just won a car and the game froze for more than 10 minutes. The screen went black, and it periodically said "Saving Data" in the corner for a few seconds.

The PS3 was not responding, nothing was happening while I kept pressing the PS button, and I was crapping bricks (because I have 60 plus hours into the game already).

I tried to take out the disc and put it back in, nothing worked. I just got desperate and held the PS3 power button down manually, and it shut off after about a minute.

I thought for sure that I had lost my game save data, but luckily it was still there when I restarted the game.

Now, I'm really scared this is going to happen again, but that next time I will lose all my cars...:grumpy:

I totally agree with you, also I had the same situation, I was very panicked while opening the Saved Data folder, I was shaking like hell :nervous: xD

Are you signed into PSN? Today it seems to be struggling - so hit the xmb go to account management, triangle, sign out. Might unfreeze the game.

yeah I was, but after reading that, I won't be anymore while playing GT5 as I don't play online because my ISP is very slow :(

I had the "the system has become hot" message about an hour ago, and had to shut it off for a while after running b-spec for about 12 hours straight. I guess GT polygons are making the PS3's cell sweat.

That was on a slim 120GB.

yeah once I played GT5 with the air condition turned off, PS3 became like an oven!, I turned it off immediately, let it cool down, then turned on AC and then played GT5 more and it was not getting hot. 👍

It has happened to me about three times today within about two hours. I'm using a fat 80gb

whoa becareful, what i'm going to do is stop playing until they remove the save file protection, i read somewhere it might be done at the end of december, because i'm one of those guys who really get pissed off if i lose my save files :p

Its happening to a lot of people, game freezing on the black screen with silver GT sign.

hmm didn't get any black screen, mine actually froze with the game screen then after 10 seconds got this screen like it's an old TV, white/grey with alot of dots.

something like that:
http://blog.cleverly.com/misc/old-tv.jpg

edit: oh I got you wrong, it thought when the game freezes it shows you a black screen with GT logo xD

but nah didn't happen to me.
 
Just happened here. Bought the FTO super touring and went to the tuning screen to see how much bhp it has. Locked up with a black screen when I came out of the turbo section. Now boots to the loading screen and stops. Cant use pad or switch off PS3 with on off button. Gutted!!!!
 
It's happened to me, several times now. It's concerning to say the least.
 
Mine freezes sometimes exiting the tuning shop or GT auto.But i found if you sign out from psn then it will load
 
Have had know such problem so far knock on wood! Hope it gets straightened out for you guys that are having problems!
 
only froze on me twice. Once it wouldn't unfreeze after 15 minutes so I restarted, the other unfroze itself. Very scary, I have a lot of time in this game...
 
mine frozed twice last night, I have been playing gt5 the entire day, like 8+ hours on my 60gig :D
 
Hah, I'm actually relieved to see this is rather widespread, and it's not just my PS3 getting old.

First happened to me on Saturday just gone. Getting freezing after all sorts of screens.
- on track load screen (damn you Indy!)
- on initial GT load screen before start-up movie
- after tune shop (didn't even buy anything wtf)
- once a track finally loaded, I pressed pause to restart, only to be greeted by a suspicious lack of pause menu options :crazy:(carried on said race, and once last lap was done, car just kept driving without any victory music/final race time)


The one constant seem to be it stops accessing the HDD and tries to load from the disc with epic failure.

The result is not being able to quit the game without trying to eject disc first. Even then I must log out of my profile and reinsert disc for it to be recognised.
 
Had it around four times today - always on the GT logo - good old freeze!
 
this is doing my head in, it ran fine before update but now freezes everytime I leave an online room or going from one menu to another, had to restart 5 times in space of an hour today, am not happy as this is ruining the game ive waited 6 bloody years for! SORT IT OUT PD....
 
Happened to me 3 times yesterday. Disabled Internet connection and no problems. This is clearly server related. PD need to sort it!
 
Happened to me 3 times yesterday. Disabled Internet connection and no problems. This is clearly server related. PD need to sort it!

I was not signed in (the internet connection was off as well) when my game froze, so this is not always server related (which makes it much scarier).

If I lose my cars because of this random freezing...🤬🤬
 
Yep!! 3 times for me today. PS3 was not hot at all. Using 4 month old PS3 Slim 120gb. No probs with any other games.
 
Just finished the dream car championship on Extreme, 5 golds. PS3 froze, i nearly poo'd myself thought I'd never get the Ford GT LM and I'd have to do the whole championship again.

Thank you who ever mentioned to Sign Out. It does work, loaded straight away. Thank you , thank you, thank you!
 
Had the 'Silver Logo Freeze' about 6 or 7 times this weekend. Getting very annoying :grumpy:

Pulled out the internet cable yesterday and didn't have a single problem...

I hope PD fixes this quickly...
 
iVe had the Silver Logo Freeze quite a few times mainly from the maintence shop but has done it coming back to the main menu it has saved the data and does exit to the PS3 desktop, glad its not just mine, maybe i should try turning the internet thingy off if that seems to be the cause of it, it only started after the last up date of the game
 
Umm, two week old PS3 slim with 320Gb HDD.

Bought it with GT5...

No other game installed or played on it.

Since the 1.03 patch... Hangs about once every 2-3 hours, during loading.

Uh... Software issue then?

:nervous:
 
My ps 3 harddrive is broken because of this problem. The file system get broken when the ps 3 freeze to many times. PD really need to fix this.
 
Hi folks...has anybody out there had probs after downloading the update???
I have and at the mo cant even get past the login screen(gt5 logo) this is driving me mad as i have a gt5 addiction i cant satisfy..please please please anyone got the answer to my prob???

Merry Xmas to everyone.
 
My ps 3 harddrive is broken because of this problem. The file system get broken when the ps 3 freeze to many times. PD really need to fix this.

OK, that's downright scary :nervous:
 
OK, that's downright scary :nervous:

Tell me about it! still waiting for my ps3 to return from sony :( Same happen with my last ps 3 too, but that was my fault because i used to turn of ps with main power switch at the back. Thats why sony have removed that power switch ,ps3 simply cant handle sudden power off,
 
it was doing this to me day 1, I already have a thread out there about this...They need to fix this $h!#
 
Back